Page 92 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

When think about it, it doesn't just happen with Avengers.
    Remember when Thunderbolts are specifically Zemo's pretender heroes? Then it's Marvel's Suicide Squad and they shove whatever villain/Anti-hero into it.
    Judging from Twitter, Reddit, etc, the general audience just see Thunderbolts, Young Avengers as any group of villains/anti-heroes, Young heroes, just like Avengers nowadays is just considered a group of any heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    When think about it, it doesn't just happen with Avengers.
    Remember when Thunderbolts are specifically Zemo's pretender heroes? Then it's Marvel's Suicide Squad and they shove whatever villain/Anti-hero into it.
    Judging from Twitter, Reddit, etc, the general audience just see Thunderbolts, Young Avengers as any group of villains/anti-heroes, Young heroes, just like Avengers nowadays is just considered a group of any heroes.
    Does this mean that everything has lost any form of being unique or special? When everyone can be an Avenger, is anyone really?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wolverine. I remember a time when Wolverine was never gonna be an Avenger. But then Earth's Mightiest became that team with the characters in ever other book. To try and sell it better. When the truth was that numbers became lower on the title because after Busiek the book suffered through a phase. It didn't capture people's interests in the same way.
    Wolverine was just made an Avenger to boost sales, same with Spidey (though he was already an Avenger)

Extraordinary Member

Does this mean that everything has lost any form of being unique or special? When everyone can be an Avenger, is anyone really?
    Or they take it to the other end of extreme and narrowly define Avengers with just "big three with some other solo characters" or "MCU OG6".
    It's really sad that either way Wanda tend to get left out. Whether it's narrowly defined Avengers or massively bloated Avengers.
    That's why I really hope MCU will try its best to keep the OG roster of Thunderbolts and Young Avengers if they ever adapted them.
    Or at least keep some essential members, I would hate people treating characcter like Songbird, Kate like they are not long-term member of their home team.
    (It's the feeling I get from when people talk about Wanda, and how some of her fan content are just labled "X-Men" with no Avengers trace, it's an identity that should go with her everywhere.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-31-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wolverine was just made an Avenger to boost sales, same with Spidey (though he was already an Avenger)
    Oh believe me, I know. Which is why it felt so shallow to me. Spidey had rejected being an Avenger for years.

Oh believe me, I know. Which is why it felt so shallow to me. Spidey had rejected being an Avenger for years.
    Spidey didn't reject the Avengers for years, he attempted to join early in his career but "failed" in his task, and didn't consider it again until the 90's where he did join.

Wolverine was worse. I remember one person even wrote in the UK Avengers comic letter's page complaining about Logan being on the cover but not in the issue

Spidey didn't reject the Avengers for years, he attempted to join early in his career but "failed" in his task, and didn't consider it again until the 90's where he did join.

Wolverine was worse. I remember one person even wrote in the UK Avengers comic letter's page complaining about Logan being on the cover but not in the issue
    That's definitely not how I remember it. They teased it basically for years. He didn't really join until much later. And Spidey for many years was written as a loner. Until team ups started being popular.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-31-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    It's the MFF model I suppose?

That's definitely not how I remember it. They teased it basically for years. He didn't really join until much later. And Spidey for many years was written as a loner. Until team ups started being popular.
    It was never really teased. He was asked to joined but the Avengers for some reason decided to test him by telling him to get the Hulk. However when Spidey learned who the Hulk was he told the Avengers he couldn't find the Hulk. He teamed up with the Avengers afterwards on occasion but it wasn't until the 90's he was offered membership, which he accepted.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

There's a new Marvel MOBA that is being done with NetEase. Unfortunately a mobile game. They had a MOBA that failed and never made it to the US. Now they are trying with this one. Wanda is in it. Along with Pietro. Seems like they used a variation of the concept art from the movies for her first costume.

Attachment 82787

https://youtu.be/1mtGY1r3cnY

https://youtu.be/y-s-TtfCV3E
    I absolutely love this outfit. There are some gameplay vids out already, from the beta testers I guess, solely with Wanda:

When one selects her in the character selector she blinks. Well some other characters do to, its only with her I first noticed, obviously because to her I pay most attention, but also because she has such big eyes, she looks adorable when she does that.
    I think her little comments are also quite cool. Only the visuals of her attacks I find a bit underwhelming. That could still use some improvement. “Cannot recruit now” yeah, that reminds me of MFF. But it seems to be quite easy, as many beta testers have done so already. Of course that can shift up or down for the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    It's the MFF model I suppose?
    I am pretty sure it is. The original one, before one could acquire the MCU uniform.

It was never really teased. He was asked to joined but the Avengers for some reason decided to test him by telling him to get the Hulk. However when Spidey learned who the Hulk was he told the Avengers he couldn't find the Hulk. He teamed up with the Avengers afterwards on occasion but it wasn't until the 90's he was offered membership, which he accepted.
    I consider one issue where they have him there and leave to be a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I am pretty sure it is. The original one, before one could acquire the MCU uniform.
    It was a pain sideways to get her in that game.

Extraordinary Member

I consider one issue where they have him there and leave to be a tease.
    I mean, in the first issue of the Busiek relaunch when they gather every available Avenger for a mission, Spidey stands up at the meeting, says he's too busy with all the stuff he's got going on in his own books, and goes home.

That pretty much summed up his involvement with the Avengers until 2005, which is why it was such a big deal to put him on the main roster. Though even now I don't think most people think of Spidey and especially Wolverine as Avengers, though that may change if they put one or both of them on a MCU Avengers team.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I mean, in the first issue of the Busiek relaunch when they gather every available Avenger for a mission, Spidey stands up at the meeting, says he's too busy with all the stuff he's got going on in his own books, and goes home.

That pretty much summed up his involvement with the Avengers until 2005, which is why it was such a big deal to put him on the main roster. Though even now I don't think most people think of Spidey and especially Wolverine as Avengers, though that may change if they put one or both of them on a MCU Avengers team.
    Pretty sure he was at least a reserve member in the early 300’s, perhaps during the Byrne run?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”