Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
I'm aware there's a controversy, but I forgot exactly what. Something about her power doesn't work like that I think, and how in the end she live peacefully somewhere after all the disaster she did, both in the M world and in the real world with loads of mutants losing their powers.

Just as a story without any context, I like it. They made it pretty clear what happened so I don't need to go back and read back issues. Wanda came off very sympathetic, at least before she uttered No More Mutants.
To be accurate, the loss of power was only perceived in the “real world” since the “House of M world” ceased to exist in the same moment.

There is, however, a version (or section?) of “Battleworld”, where the “House of M” reality continued to exist (without power loss). Wanda had become more stable there, albeit very frustrated with her than teenage children . That one is done by the same writer who later wrote the series with the young Jean Grey.

In the story that lead up to “House of M”, “Disassembled”, Doctor Strange said something like that what Wanda is doing is no Magic at all “Facepalm”.

The other issue is that it was not clarified that she had lost her memory, so she lived only peacefully because she had no idea what she had done.

Of course the main “issue” is that this story ruined her character in a way that couldn’t have been “better” if done on purpose – which raises the question whether it actually *was* done on purpose. She almost never recovered from that, if she hadn’t, this Scarlet Witch thread wouldn’t exist or be in the basement of this forum along with other characters who are basically forgotten.