Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
All right, to break the trend of complaining about Wanda not appearing enough (which I do as much as anyone) I'll try a question:

What first made you a fan of the Scarlet Witch? It can be a comic run, a single comic, an appearance in other media, or even a single out of context panel.

For me it was the 1998 Busiek/Pérez relaunch and specifically the first story. I didn't know much about the Avengers at the time but I thought it was really interesting that the most panel time of a new launch went not to one of the stars but to the Scarlet Witch, and the villain was out to use her and her alone.* The fact that she appeared to have all these relationships with other Avengers - her brother, her sister-in-law, the Vision and whoever Wonder Man was - also made her seem like the Avenger, and I still feel that way.

Plus of course Pérez loves drawing her so much that he almost dares you not to fall in love with her.

(*Reassembling all the Avengers just so one group of them would bring Wanda to Cornwall doesn't seem like a very efficient plan, and even the story admits that they could have just kidnapped her... but, you know, comics.)
This issue this page the second to last panel AVEN126003_col.jpg