Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
So, how do you guys here feel about Wanda's 2016 solo series?
I like (most of) the characterization of Wanda and the attempt to give her more of a sense of humor. I didn't like how disconnected it was from the Marvel universe and everyone who ever knew Wanda except Agatha and Quicksilver (who was poorly written in the first of his appearances). The stand-alone stories were much better than the search for her real mother; they even lampshaded in the book that nobody really cares who their parents are any more, and the idea that there was a previous Scarlet Witch doesn't make a lot of sense.

I was OK with the artist changes until the end when it had more of a multi-part story, when they really needed one artist to hold it together.

The best art was the issue by Joëlle Jones, and the best issue was the one with the therapist where they finally discussed some of the bizarre continuity issues with Wanda (e.g. what are Wiccan and Speed and why are they so much older than her kids).

Overall I think I like it better than I did at the time. At the time I was disappointed that it was doing so little to re-integrate Wanda back into the Marvel Universe. Now that we've gone months at a time with her doing nothing, I know that's not Robinson's fault and he did the best he could to give Wanda the spotlight when no one else would.