Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
Yes, that’s what I meant. I don’t think we can prevent many from reading this article. And writing in this thread how wrong this article is usually would be a pointless endeavor. But I see numerous “faces” here that at least I have never seen before, so who knows, maybe it’s worth it afterall. So the article shows just the part that lists the reduction in population number, who is valid, if one sees mutants as a different species than people without mutant powers, which in itself is dubious, but ok. Then the article just skips the part were with regards to Wanda it says “Depowered”:

Depowered.jpg

and instead writes: “Wanda is ranked second, with her Decimation having killed 986,420”.
I mean, this is just … wow! If whoever wrote this article is done with his/hers “job” here at CBR, I am sure there are some Authoritarian Regimes who would like to hire a Propaganda-Minister.

I think it’s important to understand that this is wrong not just with regards to Wanda. If in-Universe this would be the narrative, it would only make sense if the X-Men would regard the life of every person who does not have mutant powers as worthless. Sub-Humans essentially, who do not count as living beings anymore. This goes so much against what the X-Men are supposed to stand for, I am almost out of words here.

Another thing in this article that pales in comparison, but is there nevertheless, is the sentence:

“She has attempted to atone, but the X-Men don't seem to have forgiven her.”

Uhm, this is just a statistic. It says absolutely nothing about how individual X-Men characters feel about Wanda. But let’s have a look, shall we? Putting aside the more-or-less family members Magneto and Quicksilver, who never held a grudge over her, there are the following who since Wanda’s return in “Children’s Crusade” had accepted her as a teammate and/or even might consider her a friend:

Polaris (border-case, as being assumed partial family member earlier)
Rogue
Havok
Wolverine
Magik
Beast
Jean Grey (the young one)

The only ones that I am aware of where their last known state to me is that they still outright hate Wanda are Emma Frost and Cyclops. Who both are or have been very much in a moral grey area.
Very Well Said Probability010, I really Love how you break your talks down into fine details that makes any fan think on a much more deeper and appreciative level, well spoke by a True Wanda Fan from You, Thank You! =)

Also for that List of X-Men you listed that have gotten along, teamed up or even gotten along good with Wanda since the M-Day past;

NIGHTCRAWLER!

I have always loved Kurt's abilty to be Very Loving and Friendly to everyone he interacts with and calls family, he has a way to bring out the best and he has one of the most understanding hearts when it comes to friends and family.

Back in The Amazing X-Men Series a Few Years ago He Invited Wanda to Help Train Pixie and even has a moment standing up for Wanda when the negative ideals of Wanda got brought up, it was Short but Sweet and Shows just why Kurt is such a Great Guy! =)