Page 101 of 234 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think that's been lacking on a lot of characters in recent years. More plot driven stories than character ones.
    Very much so, yeah.

Avengers discussion on the panel. But nothing else really revealed. Other than it'll be getting story and content patches over a period of years. Still waiting to see actual gameplay (that was something they mentioned yesterday), but it doesn't seem like they have actual gameplay at this point.... No reveals on future characters. They just say to stay tuned. They said they also can't talk about what the Sony Playstation cross-over is about.

What they seem to have meant was they were showing off gameplay to the press and people at E3. Because media got to see what was there. But there's not much. Seems like audiences didn't get to see because it's far from developed. Which is crazy with the release date. Here is a Game Informer article on it. Seems like it'll be a long time before we find out future characters.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 06-11-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Battle Royale and Avengers do not mix
    It was meant as a joke.

Extraordinary Member

This is why I hate her being associated with Mags. Over 50 years of Avengers actual membership gets erased for 9 issues of being on the Brotherhood and never on the X-Men. At least Magnus fans get what they want. Wanda as nothing more than an accessory. Congrats!

Attachment 83293
    Hopefully they will at least acknowledge she was an Avenger or something like that, just fucking please.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    So you really don’t think she’s going to have any affiliation with the Avengers in this game?
    I don't think so.
    But under any circumstance her Avengers identity should be the most important and that is what should be shown in bios than just tagged "X-Men".
    It's about what part of her is given the focus and priority, so far it doesn't look good.
    I know it's just a detail, but she finally made it to the first wave of characters in a game and she is not her accurate self.
    Imagine Marvel says Wanda is going to be in animation again and we get another X-Men Evolution Wanda, yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It was meant as a joke.
    Brought back bad memories of Avengers Arena

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I don't think so.
    But under any circumstance her Avengers identity should be the most important and that is what should be shown in bios than just tagged "X-Men".
    It's about what part of her is given the focus and priority, so far it doesn't look good.
    I know it's just a detail, but she finally made it to the first wave of characters in a game and she is not her accurate self.
    Imagine Marvel says Wanda is going to be in animation again and we get another X-Men Evolution Wanda, yikes.
    For all we know, she's a X-men in this reality.

Extraordinary Member

What is serial number of our reality again?
    I think Wanda's major history here matters.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-12-2019 at 02:14 AM.

I don't think it's that, since they don't have Crystal with any affiliation and other characters with weird primary team associations. I think the website is just incorrect.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

To reflect upon Wanda's status as Magneto's daughter.
    I do think Magnus family ties could work in her favor if her life as an Avenger is still the center of her narrative.
    They could have shown Wanda's allegiance to Avengers despite her knowing her blood ties, and make readers respect her own choice.
    Make readers sympathesize with Wanda like giving her some "I choose my heart over my blood" moments. Instead of making Magneto the heartbroken daddy whose daughter just cannot understand his "greater good"!

Again after House of M everything is bitter and sour.
    It has affected the new generation of X-fans and Wanda fans alike, X-fans consider Wanda as some kind of big bad and I have encountered new fans who shame Wanda and her fans for being that crazy evil bitch.(And I will just tell them they should be thankful that Wanda sacrifice her whole goddamn character just so X-office can pull off another extinction rehash, you are welcome!) For new Wanda fans, they end up hyping up HoM as some great feat and awesome moment.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think it's that, since they don't have Crystal with any affiliation and other characters with weird primary team associations. I think the website is just incorrect.
    Hopefully so, they just keep pushing me to the point of wanting Marvel to nuke Wanda's X-ties altogether.
    Like one of your arm got stuck and you abandon all hope just to severe your arm to free yourself.

Crystal probably doesn't have an affiliation listed cause there are no other Inhumans in the game anyway.

Extraordinary Member

All right, to break the trend of complaining about Wanda not appearing enough (which I do as much as anyone) I'll try a question:

What first made you a fan of the Scarlet Witch? It can be a comic run, a single comic, an appearance in other media, or even a single out of context panel.

For me it was the 1998 Busiek/Pérez relaunch and specifically the first story. I didn't know much about the Avengers at the time but I thought it was really interesting that the most panel time of a new launch went not to one of the stars but to the Scarlet Witch, and the villain was out to use her and her alone.* The fact that she appeared to have all these relationships with other Avengers - her brother, her sister-in-law, the Vision and whoever Wonder Man was - also made her seem like the Avenger, and I still feel that way.

Plus of course Pérez loves drawing her so much that he almost dares you not to fall in love with her.

(*Reassembling all the Avengers just so one group of them would bring Wanda to Cornwall doesn't seem like a very efficient plan, and even the story admits that they could have just kidnapped her... but, you know, comics.)

Extraordinary Member

I will admit I started with AD/House of M/Children's Crusade package.(Bells and shame.)
    Am I a fan at that moment? Maybe, I remember people bragging about her powers so she must be awesome and stuff.
    And then I just get some second hand info about her having Elderitch/Chaotic magic and stuff, then I search for those stuff and I get to know her Chthon lore with Nights of Wundagore.(Along with Thor issues, Doctor Strange issues, and Serpent Crown Saga, etc involving other Elder Gods and their lore.) I gradually shift to a fan of that part of her. Busiek's Avengers is great since it finally further develop Chthon lore and evolve that to Chaos Magic which is a well-established power system IMO.
    With more Avengers issues I shaped the belief that Avengers is her home and belonging, and most important part of her character.
    I still have preference for Elder Gods lore and hope Wanda got further development and closure on that part, so when Avengers is not available for her, a mystical team is always welcome.(I am still waiting, Cates. Damnation? Anyone?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Crystal probably doesn't have an affiliation listed cause there are no other Inhumans in the game anyway.
    Well, they probably just list everyone who is base human and not part of other organizations Avengers, I mean Elsa Bloodstone is an Avenger while Wanda is not, crazy.