Page 134 of 234 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3507

Another Twitter pic
    EBPQOczUwAAlABZ.jpg

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Another “Masterpiece” from “Looper”, in written form:

https://www.looper.com/161226/bizarr...-relationship/

Find that one quite entertaining, actually.
    But if I had to take it seriously, to me it starts already with the claim that what Wanda loves is not real, since Vision's feelings are not real. I doubt that I have to tell anyone here that Vision had numerous emotional outburst upon which he acted irrationally – something you wouldn’t expect if there is nothing but a logical core behind that. And I could go on like that throughout the entire article, and I guess many here could as well. So in that sense the article bewilders me: If it is meant to be a parody, it should have been labeled as such.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Attachment 85604
    https://scarletwitching.tumblr.com/p...r-are-you-meme
    Credit to Tumblr user Scarlet Witching.

For similarities, I will try "dies in every AU" part...
    Some of these made me snortle laugh because wasn't expecting their reference. But having it all laid out there, poor Wanda. She's had such a rough existence.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post

But if I had to take it seriously, to me it starts already with the claim that what Wanda loves is not real, since Vision's feelings are not real. I doubt that I have to tell anyone here that Vision had numerous emotional outburst upon which he acted irrationally – something you wouldn’t expect if there is nothing but a logical core behind that. And I could go on like that throughout the entire article, and I guess many here could as well. So in that sense the article bewilders me: If it is meant to be a parody, it should have been labeled as such.
    The problem could be that the movies didn't spend a lot of time on Vision. I also hate that they powered him down.

Extraordinary Member

AI/Human and Human/None-human romance isn't really that uncommon in fiction yet idiots want to act like they know better than creators who already explore those so much to the point they became tropes.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

If that article got anything right, then at the very end, that Vision’s attempt to quite literally build a family was a complete disaster. That’s actually something that troubles me for a long time with regards to WandaVision:

The rumor that Tom King is involved. From, like, a neutral perspective, I like Tom King’s run a lot, its really dark and intense. But I think Vision’s character comes out looking worse at the end. Which is quite ridiculous considering a solo series is ones characters best opportunity to shine (of course that should never go to the extreme of a Mary Sue Character). Wanda herself was mostly treated alright in that series, but imagine it would be the other way around: Imagine Wanda, in her very own solo series, would get mind-controlled, one of her kids gets two neighbors killed – which proves people right who believe the one’s who are different are dangerous, great message there *lol*, does nothing heroic at all while bragging about how often she saved the world. Wouldn’t that be a complete nightmare?

So if the rumor is true of Tom King being involved, my best hope is Jac Schaeffer being the showrunner. That she watches out that it doesn’t get derailed character–wise. Putting aside how it was promoted, I did like the Captain Marvel movie itself. If anything, I think Schaeffer did play it too save with the character. But some really bad things were done to Carol’s character over the course of the decades, some maybe “better save than sorry” was the best way to go, at least for the beginning. So in that context I am of course especially excited about the Black Widow movie, were she has to deal with a more dark and complex charter. She also made a spin-off from “Frozen”, with that snowman-thingy, but I doubt that could serve as a solid test for her.

If that article got anything right, then at the very end, that Vision’s attempt to quite literally build a family was a complete disaster. That’s actually something that troubles me for a long time with regards to WandaVision:

The rumor that Tom King is involved. From, like, a neutral perspective, I like Tom King’s run a lot, its really dark and intense. But I think Vision’s character comes out looking worse at the end. Which is quite ridiculous considering a solo series is ones characters best opportunity to shine (of course that should never go to the extreme of a Mary Sue Character). Wanda herself was mostly treated alright in that series, but imagine it would be the other way around: Imagine Wanda, in her very own solo series, would get mind-controlled, one of her kids gets two neighbors killed – which proves people right who believe the one’s who are different are dangerous, great message there *lol*, does nothing heroic at all while bragging about how often she saved the world. Wouldn’t that be a complete nightmare?

So if the rumor is true of Tom King being involved, my best hope is Jac Schaeffer being the showrunner. That she watches out that it doesn’t get derailed character–wise. Putting aside how it was promoted, I did like the Captain Marvel movie itself. If anything, I think Schaeffer did play it too save with the character. But some really bad things were done to Carol’s character over the course of the decades, some maybe “better save than sorry” was the best way to go, at least for the beginning. So in that context I am of course especially excited about the Black Widow movie, were she has to deal with a more dark and complex charter. She also made a spin-off from “Frozen”, with that snowman-thingy, but I doubt that could serve as a solid test for her.
    I don't think they've said anywhere that he's involved. Just that some of the show might be pulled from that series. I'm gonna wait until any details are given about the show (possibly at D23) before getting concerned.

She also made a spin-off from “Frozen”, with that snowman-thingy, but I doubt that could serve as a solid test for her.
    That snowman is called Olaf.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think they've said anywhere that he's involved. Just that some of the show might be pulled from that series. I'm gonna wait until any details are given about the show (possibly at D23) before getting concerned.
    There was news that Tom King was working on a TV Project and a lot of people are assuming it's WandaVision

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    There was news that Tom King was working on a TV Project and a lot of people are assuming it's WandaVision
    Yeah but he said in June that one was unannounced. WandaVision was announced in April. So that's probably not him. Not that he couldn't consult or anything. But just that we have to wait and see more details on this yet.

Like I said people assuming and jumping to conclusions.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Nightmare is more of a sad jobber to highlight Nyx and her kids than the main villain.
    Nightmare's been the Underworld's punching bag lately. Hercules, Chaos King… he wailed about his plight to Mephisto during Fear Itself.

Have he and Wanda met before?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

At first I am glad some big Youtube Channel is aware of the Elder Gods lore(even if Rob rubbed it off as some thing ridiculous.), and considerate enough to bring up Chaos Magic, yet the later half is again about AD/HOM.
    The worst part is probably while the topic is about Chaos Magic, there is no mention of Kurt Busiek who actually introduced this concept.(Rob again rubbed it off as something confusing without a specific introduction.) And somehow tie this to AD/HOM while AD/HOM are the very thing that denied it from Wanda's lore at that time.
    Really it feels worse than videos that can't shut up about AD/HoM, it's giving the credit of a piece of well-built lore to someone who destroyed it.