Page 152 of 234 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Who knows what Doom cloned into Wanda before Avengers Disassembled? But the powers she had after that affected Thor in Asgard, Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, the Kree and Skrull, SHIELD, and the House of M reality onto the whole world. This then goes way passed just altering outcomes. This predetermines outcomes into the future.
    It's the Life Force, plain and simple as written by Allan Heinberg. If you mean the power Doom directed into Wanda.
    The "Clone" is a doombot, plain and simple.
    Bendis igonred so much just for AD/HOM to happen, I simply don't take them seriously in terms of lore and Wanda's power set TBH.

Marvel Comics 1000 is out tomorrow. I imagine will appear in that in some capacity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The cloned Wanda thing was just to play a joke on Hawkeye. I don't think they meant that AD and HoM Wanda was the clone. It'd be nice though.
    I would personally thank Lore if she was there to take all the shit...

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I wish that Youtube theory would burn in hell, so we don't have to see it anymore.
    Agreed. Gave me uncomfortable flashbacks with that fake dinner at Agatha's mansion at the end of Disassembled.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Comics 1000 is out tomorrow. I imagine will appear in that in some capacity.
    Just a single cameo in her House of M outfit....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Sigh. Thanks for saving us a search.

This is very frustrating. As I said earlier, at least in the years after HoM we knew why no one was using her.

Extraordinary Member

Or as I want to call it, the Royal Cospaly Rug...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The context was also not nice. She was basically lumped together with a bunch of X-Men villains. Kinda sad that THAT was the best representation they could've come up with for Wanda in 80 years of Marvel.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post

[...]

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they did the 50s/60s sitcom vibe straight. But I like genre mashups. And Vision in sweaters.

I do hope this HoM nonsense is just conjecture. I mean, people have predicting Wanda will go HoM since the announcement of her appearance in the MCU. And you'd think Disney would be aware enough to steer away from that sort of story in 2019, especially given the massive backlash GOT got. This is one of the few times I've appreciated Disney's rigid insistence on being "safe" and non offensive.
    One of the things that makes me optimistic is that Lizzie says that she is not forced to do this series – around the middle of this video – it sounds like she and Paul got at least the basic idea pitched:

I have a little faith in the writers here. It usually takes conscious effort to write on such a garbage level as Bendis did in AD and HoM (which does not exclude that he did do conscious effort… ). Not even in what I consider the worst MCU Movies the writing appears to me to be on such a Dumpster Level (AD and HoM).

Extraordinary Member

I'm just glad they announced Wanda would be in Doctor Strange 2 because otherwise I would be worried that this would be her last MCU appearance.

I mean, I know people are speculating that maybe she'll be the villain in Strange's sequel, but even if that happened (and I find it very unlikely that they would have one of their few superpowered women go evil) at least she's guaranteed some screen time.

One thing being a fan of the Scarlet Witch has taught me is that anything is better for a superhero character than not being used. It wasn't HoM that ruined Wanda, it was the years and years of not being in comics after HoM (really, after Chuck Austen's Avengers, because she wasn't really "herself" in Avengers Disassembled). MCU Wanda at least is going to get more screen time in a year than she's had in the last 5 years of movies. Now if only comics Wanda could get even a couple of pages...

Did she break up with Doctor Voodoo or are they still together?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Did she break up with Doctor Voodoo or are they still together?
    They are still together. It's just they haven't been in a comic together since April. Because Doctor Voodoo is in Savage Avengers and Wanda has been mostly out of comics. Save for a few brief appearances in Doctor Strange.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I'm just glad they announced Wanda would be in Doctor Strange 2 because otherwise I would be worried that this would be her last MCU appearance.

I mean, I know people are speculating that maybe she'll be the villain in Strange's sequel, but even if that happened (and I find it very unlikely that they would have one of their few superpowered women go evil) at least she's guaranteed some screen time.

One thing being a fan of the Scarlet Witch has taught me is that anything is better for a superhero character than not being used. It wasn't HoM that ruined Wanda, it was the years and years of not being in comics after HoM (really, after Chuck Austen's Avengers, because she wasn't really "herself" in Avengers Disassembled). MCU Wanda at least is going to get more screen time in a year than she's had in the last 5 years of movies. Now if only comics Wanda could get even a couple of pages...
    I doubt it, because Doctor Strange has a lot of villains that haven't been touched on. Hell the universe hasn't even scraped the surface of villains that were in comics.

Both HoM and her being out of comics ruined her. Because the comic itself forgot everything that was true about the character before then. And then she was removed for a long time. Making the falsehoods sit in for a long time. No matter how much people point out that there are continuity inconsistencies, people still believe those things are true about Wanda. Because the one comic they know of has that in it.

Incredible Member

Can someone confirm that Wanda is still a mutant and a daughter of Magneto? I've been out of the loop for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by whiterabbit View Post
    Can someone confirm that Wanda is still a mutant and a daughter of Magneto? I've been out of the loop for a while.
    She hasn't been either for five years. They retconned it out in Axis. And then went into it further in Wanda's solo book.