Page 155 of 234 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Understand, like 1% of her entire history in Marvel publication and talking about the single most famous and yet toxic story.
    I understand a person for the most superficial things I know aobut him/her, is that it?
    And honestly you are on a thread where understanding is like the basic entrance, so nothing to make a fuzz about.
    You can have your opinion but don’t bully people pal. I have my opinion too. Yours is not mine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    You can have your opinion but don’t bully people pal. I have my opinion too. Yours is not mine.
    You can feel bullied for other people dislking a certain story but I will stay disliking that story and disagreeing with whoever thinking that is the right representation of that character.
    And really? First you claim to understand even though all you talked about is one small part of her history and then brush it off as "opinion"?
    Didn't you feel the arrogance in "Just someone who understands her" claim?
    Why don't you go into Carol's thread and claim you can understand the character from Marcus Immortus story and then call it "opinion" when people feel like disagreeing?
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-30-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Well, at least there was the Busiek run in that era.
    Though she just hit the ground pretty hard after that height.
    The Busiek run was a mixed blessing for Wanda, there were some awesome moments and probably the best explanation of her powers, but at the same time there was the whole forced relationship with Simon and the fact she wasn't allowed to get a word in half the time without being constantly interrupted

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Didn't Joss Whedon have to fight the Creative Committee to get Wanda in AoU?
    Well, looks like another thing I didn’t know, then. I wonder who in the Creative Committee would actively oppose Wanda being in the movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The Busiek run was a mixed blessing for Wanda, there were some awesome moments and probably the best explanation of her powers, but at the same time there was the whole forced relationship with Simon and the fact she wasn't allowed to get a word in half the time without being constantly interrupted
    Well, personally I think the Vision/Wanda/Simon love triangle is resolved in a rather thoughtful way.
    Nothing fundamentally detrimental to the character really.

Well, personally I think the Vision/Wanda/Simon love triangle is resolved in a rather thoughtful way.
    The whole love triangle was a bad idea, and Busiek even admitted he just did it for drama (which to be honest is what love triangles are used for). I would have preferred Wanda and Vision have gotten back together instead of the annoying teasing. Also I never liked Wanda and Simon dating, given the whole West Coast mess.

Extraordinary Member

The whole love triangle was a bad idea, and Busiek even admitted he just did it for drama (which to be honest is what love triangles are used for). I would have preferred Wanda and Vision have gotten back together instead of the annoying teasing. Also I never liked Wanda and Simon dating, given the whole West Coast mess.
    Well, Byrne started it off pretty bad but I don't find Busiek's take remotely as toxic.
    And I wouldn't really want Wanda to immediately get back with Vision, so some time and distraction are fine, also probably I am kinda just indifferent to shippy stuff when it comes to Wanda, I honestly don't mind the drama if the main narrative is good, I think writers are allowed to do this kind of guilty pleasure of their own provided they get their main work done well.
    It could leave a legacy that could be interpreted worse by later writers though, given the nature of Marvel comics that is.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 08-31-2019 at 04:50 AM.

Well, Byrne started it off pretty bad but I don't find Busiek's take remotely as toxic.
    And I wouldn't really want Wanda to immediately get back with Vision, so some time and distraction are fine, also probably I am kinda just indifferent to shippy stuff when it comes to Wanda, I honestly don't mind the drama if the main narrative is good, I think writers are allowed to do this kind of guilty pleasure provided they get their main work done well.
    It could leave a legacy that could be interpreted worse by later writers though, given the nature of Marvel comics that is.
    Personally I like the shipping aspect. Wanda and Simon is one ship I don't like

BANNED

No one cares about the Sinon stuff..they care about the family reunion that created that silly witch story in her series.

Didn't Joss Whedon have to fight the Creative Committee to get Wanda in AoU?
    Whedon wanted Wanda to be British.

I just want new stuff for Wanda in comics, so she moves forward and has a future.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

That was the one argument they had between Vision and Simon. It was brief. But that wasn't even the first time there was a love triangle. There was the Wanda, Vision and Mantis stuff before they got married.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    iirc that was just a fantheory based on the rumor that he wanted to cast Saoirse Ronan (which was probably true but may not have been).

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I just want new stuff for Wanda in comics, so she moves forward and has a future.
    Yeah, my standards are pretty low at this point. It's weird that MCU Wanda is blowing up while comics Wanda is pretty much MIA.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    That is like one info leaked in 2013, and they end up as Eastern European, that is the actual result.