Page 157 of 234 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wanda's rights weren't even partially controlled though. Mags were. And she was retconned out of that almost immediately. Wanda's rights in movies were never negotiated for.
    Both Disney and Fox had the rights to use the twins if they wanted. That's how Fox wound up shoving their own Quicksilver into the X-Men movies. For whatever reason, they never introduced their own Scarlet Witch (maybe she's just too similar to existing characters like Jean Grey), but they always had that option and Disney couldn't have stopped them.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I liked what the Director, Matt Shakman said about Wanda and Vision. He views both characters sympathetically. It's such a contrast with the popular view among comics writers and YouTube that Wanda and Vision's relationship is "wrong" and "creepy" and "weird".

I do think the parallel world is what enables Vision to feel emotion. I think outside of it Vision is emotionless.

I think a big part of the narrative we are going to see is Chthon and Agatha both teaching Wanda how to use Chaos Magic. Chthon being the selfish, cruel father figure, manipulating for his own ends, Agatha being the honest, kind mother, seeking to empower Wanda to find her own destiny. Chthon's prophecy gives the title "WandaVision" one of its meanings. On one level its a battle of wits between Chthon and Agatha. Wanda learning about her magic and becoming a Witch is all about empowerment. In defying Chthon, and the destiny he wrote for her, Wanda truly becomes the Scarlet Witch. She wields dark magic for good. That makes her very like the Ancient One, who used dark magic to protect the world. I see Multiverse of Madness being about Stephen and Wanda becoming friends. I feel their relationship is going to get far more exploration than it has ever had in the comics. Strange being a man who shuts away his emotions ties into him not knowing what Chaos Magic is, and Wanda changing the way he views human emotions.

I can imagine Agatha saying "you'll fit in perfectly" and teleporting Darcy into Wandaworld lol.

I think WandaVision has a kind of Pan's Labyrinth aspect, where we see two parallel realities telling two connected stories. Chthon is operating within the Wanda-world, I think Eric Williams/Grim Reaper is one of the Darkholders (his jealousy and of his movie star brother Simon, perhaps Nathan Fillion in brief cameos throughout the series) whose mission is to seek ways to agitate and goad Wanda toward darker emotions, with Modred the Mystic or Morgan Le Fay being higher up in the scheme. I take the quote about Vision seeing the world as it is, as a hint that it is Vision who will have to persuade Wanda to "wake up" from her fantasy.

Chthon as a sort of evil Larry David makes me chuckle.
    I would like to believe we'll see all that in the show but we don't even know yet if Agatha Harkness is actually in it or if that was just a fake leak (remember, that 4Chan leak got some things right, like Sharon in the Falcon/Winter Soldier show, but it said nothing about the sitcom/'50s TV premise of WandaVision). It would make sense if the "nosy neighbor" turned out to be her but let's not get ahead of ourselves, remember when we had all these ideas about what would happen to her and Vision in Avengers 4 and then he wasn't even in it or directly mentioned?
    Last edited by gurkle; 09-01-2019 at 04:09 PM.

Fantastic Member

True. I'm just speculating. I think its hard to know what direction the show will take, which is both exciting and scary.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Both Disney and Fox had the rights to use the twins if they wanted. That's how Fox wound up shoving their own Quicksilver into the X-Men movies. For whatever reason, they never introduced their own Scarlet Witch (maybe she's just too similar to existing characters like Jean Grey), but they always had that option and Disney couldn't have stopped them.?
    Exactly, and the reason for that is no one put them on the negotiating table for either side.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Both Disney and Fox had the rights to use the twins if they wanted. That's how Fox wound up shoving their own Quicksilver into the X-Men movies. For whatever reason, they never introduced their own Scarlet Witch (maybe she's just too similar to existing characters like Jean Grey), but they always had that option and Disney couldn't have stopped them.

I would like to believe we'll see all that in the show but we don't even know yet if Agatha Harkness is actually in it or if that was just a fake leak (remember, that 4Chan leak got some things right, like Sharon in the Falcon/Winter Soldier show, but it said nothing about the sitcom/'50s TV premise of WandaVision). It would make sense if the "nosy neighbor" turned out to be her but let's not get ahead of ourselves, remember when we had all these ideas about what would happen to her and Vision in Avengers 4 and then he wasn't even in it or directly mentioned?
    Well, I think Fox only used QS in DOFP after AoU announced their use of the twins in 2013.
    They can only change the script so much to replace Juggernaut with Quicksilver, which is probably why he is from like a random American family and never plays an active part in later half of the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I liked what the Director, Matt Shakman said about Wanda and Vision. He views both characters sympathetically. It's such a contrast with the popular view among comics writers and YouTube that Wanda and Vision's relationship is "wrong" and "creepy" and "weird".

I do think the parallel world is what enables Vision to feel emotion. I think outside of it Vision is emotionless.

I think a big part of the narrative we are going to see is Chthon and Agatha both teaching Wanda how to use Chaos Magic. Chthon being the selfish, cruel father figure, manipulating for his own ends, Agatha being the honest, kind mother, seeking to empower Wanda to find her own destiny. Chthon's prophecy gives the title "WandaVision" one of its meanings. On one level its a battle of wits between Chthon and Agatha. Wanda learning about her magic and becoming a Witch is all about empowerment. In defying Chthon, and the destiny he wrote for her, Wanda truly becomes the Scarlet Witch. She wields dark magic for good. That makes her very like the Ancient One, who used dark magic to protect the world. I see Multiverse of Madness being about Stephen and Wanda becoming friends. I feel their relationship is going to get far more exploration than it has ever had in the comics. Strange being a man who shuts away his emotions ties into him not knowing what Chaos Magic is, and Wanda changing the way he views human emotions.

I can imagine Agatha saying "you'll fit in perfectly" and teleporting Darcy into Wandaworld lol.

I think WandaVision has a kind of Pan's Labyrinth aspect, where we see two parallel realities telling two connected stories. Chthon is operating within the Wanda-world, I think Eric Williams/Grim Reaper is one of the Darkholders (his jealousy and of his movie star brother Simon, perhaps Nathan Fillion in brief cameos throughout the series) whose mission is to seek ways to agitate and goad Wanda toward darker emotions, with Modred the Mystic or Morgan Le Fay being higher up in the scheme. I take the quote about Vision seeing the world as it is, as a hint that it is Vision who will have to persuade Wanda to "wake up" from her fantasy.

Chthon as a sort of evil Larry David makes me chuckle.
    I prefer Modred as the servant figure, he is far more of a sympathetic villain than Eric who is as an ******* as he can get.
    Morgan Le Fay is already being used by the TV side.
    And I don't think she should be a Darkholder since she is kinda the Alpha Bitch who wouldn't take **** from anyone, she pulled the switch when she found out Chthon couldn't be controlled.

I feel like Wanda missed what should have been her prime synergy period because of that stupid feud with Fox. She was simultaneously an MCU character and someone whose movie rights were partly controlled by Fox (even though Fox never used her). It led to her being left out of a lot of tie-in stuff and in general Vision was pushed harder in that period than she was, so he got to be part of the main Avengers lineup again and she didn't, I think, largely because he was a pure Disney-owned character and she wasn't.

Of course Wanda's luck as a character has not been all bad: she did get her own book in that period (but it was a low-budget book edited outside the Avengers office). She did figure prominently in the last Avengers weekly event although no one has seen or mentioned her since. Her luck is sort of middle-of-the-pack by current Marvel comics standards, where some characters often disappear for months while other characters get used in 300 different books. I wish they would take a hint from the MCU that people want to see her for more than a few seconds at a time.
    Wanda did get a small push around AoU, and no doubt we wouldn't have gotten that solo if she hadn't been in the movie. I just think it's strangely quiet on the comics side atm. I guess none of the current writers and editors know what to do with her. I'm sure we'll see her somewhere in the coming year as Disney+ and the new Strange movie gets more buzz, though hopefully it's not just cameos.

As for Fox, I don't think her comics appearances (or relative lack thereof) had anything to do with them. I doubt Permutter's beef with Fox would have extended to the comics, since new changes in the comics don't affect existing licensing agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I prefer Modred as the servant figure, he is far more of a sympathetic villain than Eric who is as an ******* as he can get.
    Morgan Le Fay is already being used by the TV side.
    And I don't think she should be a Darkholder since she is kinda the Alpha Bitch who wouldn't take **** from anyone, she pulled the switch when she found out Chthon couldn't be controlled.
    Also there is no connection between Vision and Simon so Ther Grim Reaper doesn't make much sense as a villain (not that he really did to be honest)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Also there is no connection between Vision and Simon so Ther Grim Reaper doesn't make much sense as a villain (not that he really did to be honest)
    Yeah, but then again there are other seemingly irrelevant characters in her show for some reason. Simon and Eric would be less random additions even if they are not connected to Vision.
    In GoTG2, those Simon Williams movie posters had one Tony Stark biography film along with that Arkon one.
    The film industry in MCU will probably try to milk superhero brand as well.
    Heck, what if the equivilent of Marvel Studios inside MCU is trying to buy the movie adaption rights to Wanda and Vision's life story and they cast Simon to play Vision.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Huh? What’s that? My first guess was its from the MCU prequel comics, as this looks rather like MCU outfits to me. Wanda’s outfit is a bit off though, most notably with the red trousers. Not sure about Ant-Man and the Wasp, either. On second thought, looking at Spiderman’s “additional disguise”, is this maybe an individual sketch, that’s not part of a comic?

BTW, those MCU prequel comics could have been a little “expanded universe”, instead they are nothing but a money-grab. They are essentially a trap, for people who get it to late that at least the first half is nothing but recap. And then what’s left is to short to tell a meaningful story. It’s always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Huh? What’s that? My first guess was its from the MCU prequel comics, as this looks rather like MCU outfits to me. Wanda’s outfit is a bit off though, most notably with the red trousers. Not sure about Ant-Man and the Wasp, either. On second thought, looking at Spiderman’s “additional disguise”, is this maybe an individual sketch, that’s not part of a comic?

BTW, those MCU prequel comics could have been a little “expanded universe”, instead they are nothing but a money-grab. They are essentially a trap, for people who get it to late that at least the first half is nothing but recap. And then what’s left is to short to tell a meaningful story. It’s always the same.
    It's from this weeks Line It is Drawn by Caanan Grall - https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-new-f...erse-post-mcu/

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah, but then again there are other seemingly irrelevant characters in her show for some reason. Simon and Eric would be less random additions even if they are not connected to Vision.
    In GoTG2, those Simon Williams movie posters had one Tony Stark biography film along with that Arkon one.
    The film industry in MCU will probably try to milk superhero brand as well.
    Heck, what if the equivilent of Marvel Studios inside MCU is trying to buy the movie adaption rights to Wanda and Vision's life story and they cast Simon to play Vision.
    At least Darcy and Jimmy are established MCU characters, throwing in the Grim Reaper without his link to the Vision would make no sense apart from Fanservice. Also without Simon or Vision, Eric isn't even much of a villain, (and to be honest, he is already a pretty lame one)

Yeah it's unfortunate that Wanda and Vision couldn't have gotten more backstory before their show. I know there's very restricted time and that's why, but they have a lot of characters involved in their story. It'd have been nice to see them established.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah it's unfortunate that Wanda and Vision couldn't have gotten more backstory before their show. I know there's very restricted time and that's why, but they have a lot of characters involved in their story. It'd have been nice to see them established.
    That's sadly what happens when you only turn up in ensemble movies. Of course even if they had their own movie it wouldn't be enough

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    At least Darcy and Jimmy are established MCU characters, throwing in the Grim Reaper without his link to the Vision would make no sense apart from Fanservice. Also without Simon or Vision, Eric isn't even much of a villain, (and to be honest, he is already a pretty lame one)
    It's just a random idea about how to connect Vision to Simon.