Page 159 of 234 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Troye Sivan, an actor and singer, is rumored to be up for the role of Wiccan on the WandaVision show.
    Seems a bit soon to be introducing kids.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    From an Info page in HoX #4. I don't think you can call anything on this bit a spoiler, but I've linked instead of imbedded just in case. spoilers:
    Not sure if you here will be happy that Wanda is referenced as a "pretender" (ie, still not a mutant) or unhappy to see Decimation getting brought up again.
    end of spoilers
    I doubt anyone here is happy about Wanda characterised as a mutant Rachel Dolezol.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I doubt anyone here is happy about Wanda characterised as a mutant Rachel Dolezol.
    The thing is that Wanda didn't know she wasn't a mutant. Apparently whoever wrote this has a grudge against her.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The thing is that Wanda didn't know she wasn't a mutant. Apparently whoever wrote this has a grudge against her.
    Sometimes it feels like the whole X-office has a grudge against her. I wish the Avengers editors would put a stop to it. Don't they realise this sort of thing affects the future usability of the character?

I've no issue with how Wanda is identified in that House of X entry. Its a matter of perspective. I don't really see any difference in how some view Namor as a hero. Some see him as a terrorist. Some see the X-Men as vigilantes. Some as freedom fighters. Captain America is a beacon of hope for some and a fascist to others. Different FICTIONAL individuals and even communities are going to inevitably have unique perspectives and in some cases BIASES and that's true to real life. If anything, it feels believable.
    The notion that the creative staff directing these narratives have agendas or their own personal angst involved is silly. Having a character deliver a speech about identity doesn't necessarily reflect the beliefs of the writer. Its supposed to reflect the character. Writing an error in judgement for a character, or making a bad call that results in harm doesn't mean the writer hates the character or wishes them ill. Etc etc

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I've no issue with how Wanda is identified in that House of X entry. Its a matter of perspective. I don't really see any difference in how some view Namor as a hero. Some see him as a terrorist. Some see the X-Men as vigilantes. Some as freedom fighters. Captain America is a beacon of hope for some and a fascist to others. Different FICTIONAL individuals and even communities are going to inevitably have unique perspectives and in some cases BIASES and that's true to real life. If anything, it feels believable.
    The notion that the creative staff directing these narratives have agendas or their own personal angst involved is silly. Having a character deliver a speech about identity doesn't necessarily reflect the beliefs of the writer. Its supposed to reflect the character. Writing an error in judgement for a character, or making a bad call that results in harm doesn't mean the writer hates the character or wishes them ill. Etc etc
    This is Amazingly well said and you broke down your points very well, Thanks Fokken!

I have been greatly enjoying this X-Men run, really in the end I don’t believe that styling of Describing of Wanda was anything more the spice or styling ones words, to make it sound cooler or more fancy. That is what I really think it comes down to more the anything else and I would not get worrying that it’s some bias if dislike.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Also the next CBR Top 100 marvel and DC characters poll has started: https://www.cbr.com/vote-top-100-dc-marvel-characters/

Let's hope Wanda does well in this poll
    Did my part for Wanda and Janet as my top 2. Hope they rank better than they did 4 years ago.

Sometimes it feels like the whole X-office has a grudge against her. I wish the Avengers editors would put a stop to it. Don't they realise this sort of thing affects the future usability of the character?
    I wasn't talking about Hickman, usually these bits of info seem to come from someone in-universe's files, so someone in-universe has a grude against Wanda not being a mutant

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Did my part for Wanda and Janet as my top 2. Hope they rank better than they did 4 years ago.
    Wanda was second on my list.

I don't think I want this whole conversation for the millionth time about how many may have died, been depowered etc. It's been nearly 15 years. And because they are fictional, Marvel can come up with any number. It's best to keep that stuff in the X-Men section. Wanda has much better things going on than tired rehash.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

[Deleted after second thought]

Probably only if the x-office planned to use her. But since they seem to be pushing her toward the supernatural part of comics, that might not matter.

I think pretender is from character perspective too.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't think I want this whole conversation for the millionth time about how many may have died, been depowered etc. It's been nearly 15 years. And because they are fictional, Marvel can come up with any number. It's best to keep that stuff in the X-Men section. Wanda has much better things going on than tired rehash.
    That's true.

Seems a bit soon to be introducing kids.
    Especially as adults. Tread carefully. There are a lot of different weird rumors out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Especially as adults. Tread carefully. There are a lot of different weird rumors out there.
    Sadly, without proper news Rumours and Speculation is all we have :C