Page 160 of 234 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Sadly, without proper news Rumours and Speculation is all we have :C
    Yeah I understand that. But some build up expectations based on that stuff, then get disappointed in the real thing.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I understand that. But some build up expectations based on that stuff, then get disappointed in the real thing.
    Personally, I take all rumours as just that rumours. I only get excited/annoyed when actual news is revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Again the numbers don't add up. Wanda is claimed to depower out all but approx 200 mutants, however it was confirmed she depowered 1 million and it is confirmed that half of mutant kind ndied on Genosha, so approx 15.5 mutants either just vanished or weren't depowered

Sorry, should have included the bottom of the page. Didn't realize this would be a hot topic of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Or maybe, they seemed to lose their powers, but it turned out in the end that they weren't. After all, people still manifested in puberty after Hope was born (like the teens Cyclops recruited in Bendis's UXM), so the X gene can't have been as dormant as they thought. Also, anyone who was repowered would be deducted from the depowered list.
    The implication from the end of AvX was that when Wanda and Hope dispersed the Phoenix all over the world, it gave people the X-gene.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-04-2019 at 10:41 AM.

There are days that I hope that Marvel completely reboots the universe. This day is one of them.

Eh, I get that, but I'm opposed to reboots on principle. Because once they reboot, they'll never stop rebooting. Just look at DC. They'll never feel that they got it right, nobody will, and so they'll keep trying, and it'll just become endlessly frustrating and alienating.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Eh, I get that, but I'm opposed to reboots on principle. Because once they reboot, they'll never stop rebooting. Just look at DC. They'll never feel that they got it right, nobody will, and so they'll keep trying, and it'll just become endlessly frustrating and alienating.
    Instead we have retcons after retcons that end up making no sense. So I'm not sure either way is great.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Instead we have retcons after retcons that end up making no sense. So I'm not sure either way is great.
    Reboots won't stop the retcons.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

From an Info page in HoX #4. I don't think you can call anything on this bit a spoiler, but I've linked instead of imbedded just in case. spoilers:
    Not sure if you here will be happy that Wanda is referenced as a "pretender" (ie, still not a mutant) or unhappy to see Decimation getting brought up again.
    end of spoilers
    Well, I am glad that they used the word “Depowered”, in distinction to, well, “Dead”, as this is the most common misunderstanding with the term “erased the mutants”.

I am absolutely baffled by the term “pretender”, had at first no idea what’s that supposed to mean. With regards to her not being a mutant it makes zero sense as one has to know not being someone/something in order to pretend.

Listing her as Avenger, while technically being correct, it fuels my suspect the X-Book writers use Wanda as their favorite punching-bag among the Avengers.

Also no mention of Hope and Wanda raising the mutant population again?

I have no real interest in this X-Men run, but from what I can piece together, in this timeline AvX was erased, but HoM was not??? If that’s so, then this timeline can go to hell, but I guess that’s were it’s headed anyway. Also – some of the characters there are almost unrecognizable to me – is that Cyclops saying something with “no more”? If so, I thought Marvel is done dumping garbage over him??

Thank you for sharing, as I go with the mantra “Don’t kill the messenger”.

Besides, I concur regarding reboots, especially with a look at DC and their soft ones, who created nothing but a convoluted mess. Specifically to Wanda, to me it’s one of the most fascinating aspect of her that she today is still the same character as 1964. I mean granted, her personality has changed a bit and her powers quite a lot, but it’s still the same *person*, and not a resurrected clone or something.

Reboots won't stop the retcons.
    That's why I said neither are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I am absolutely baffled by the term “pretender”, had at first no idea what’s that supposed to mean. With regards to her not being a mutant it makes zero sense as one has to know not being someone/something in order to pretend.
    It's written from an in-universe perspective, and it isn't clear who's exactly. So you can just account for degrees of ignorance.

Also no mention of Hope and Wanda raising the mutant population again?
    They do mention that there have been an increase in mutants following [the Lights], but don't provide any further population counting post-Decimation.

I have no real interest in this X-Men run, but from what I can piece together, in this timeline AvX was erased, but HoM was not??? If that’s so, then this timeline can go to hell, but I guess that’s were it’s headed anyway. Also – some of the characters there are almost unrecognizable to me – is that Cyclops saying something with “no more”? If so, I thought Marvel is done dumping garbage over him??
    There's no real indication so far that anything has been erased from the timeline at this point. What was shown was that in Moira's fourth life, many events played out similarly to 616, AvX included.

Rebooting an ongoing continuity is destructive. Retcons are additive and can fix problems, even if people don't think they work.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Rebooting an ongoing continuity is destructive. Retcons are additive and can fix problems, even if people don't think they work.

Again, both have been bad. So there is no real discussion going. I was just making an off comment that sometimes I just want certain ******* stories gone. :P

Extraordinary Member

"Pretender" is also usually used in the context of someone who pretends to be the next in line for a title or position, eg. "Pretender to the throne." So if Wanda and Pietro (still) aren't Magneto's children then whoever wrote these notes might consider them pretenders to Magneto's throne.

You don't have to wholesale reboot a continuity to reboot something. There are degrees .

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    "Pretender" is also usually used in the context of someone who pretends to be the next in line for a title or position, eg. "Pretender to the throne." So if Wanda and Pietro (still) aren't Magneto's children then whoever wrote these notes might consider them pretenders to Magneto's throne.
    Yea, While I have Great Loved reading both House of X and Powers of X and have started to collect them as well as Hickman being one of My Favorite Writers right now, this is honest one of the books 1st Hiccups that when thought threw even for a few seconds makes little sense in why using such a word "Pretenders".

Pretenders to being Mutants, really No cause the Twins along with everyone else Knew 100% they where mutants until the recon, so Pretenders means a statement of intent to pretend to be something, so how can you pretend when Everyone in Know canon existence include yourself where 100% you where who you where until something out of the blue said you where not, just silly.

That is why I take that wording as just Fancying Up Words to Sound Stylish or Cool for the moment but when thought on completely breaks down as a serious consideration of the right use of wording here, LOL.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!