Page 163 of 234 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    Sorry, no, that’s not how it works. To be a *pretender*, you need to *pretend* something.
    Its meant to be derogatory by the in-universe person who documented the stats sheet. The assigned title, for lack of a better word, is a jab intended to further slander and isolate her from the mutant community. Its also clearly being posed from a very specific vantage point.

I enjoy Wanda and I enjoy the X-Men, so I'm not arguing that its insulting and therefore bad/wrong. Its meant to be insulting. So to me, it makes sense. Narratively.
    Last edited by Fokken; 09-05-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah I don't want Wanda out of comics again for years. That's insane.
    Indeed, I bought the Mile Allred #1000 cover, just so Wanda could join in the celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its meant to be derogatory by the in-universe person who documented the stats sheet. The assigned title, for lack of a better word, is a jab intended to further slander and isolate her from the mutant community. Its also clearly being posed from a very specific vantage point.
    I keep thinking it's Magneto getting back at her for "Pretending" to be a mutant and his daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

I enjoy Wanda and I enjoy the X-Men, so I'm not arguing that its insulting and therefore bad/wrong. Its meant to be insulting. So to me, it makes sense. Narratively.
    House of X #1 the narrator is Xavier of similar text throughout the issue and I doubt it changed in subsequent issues. For Powers of X though it’s Apocalypse.

Extraordinary Member

This is why I'm inclined to believe Rich Johnston's gossip that Wanda and Pietro were supposed to be turned back into Magneto's kids but the story is on hold ("I understand that current management are planning to emphasise Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto’s family ties in 2020 – but plans may be on hold as a result of the WandaVision TV show on Disney+ so as not to confuse people further"). I feel like when characters disappear for months without explanation it's sometimes because they were being held back for a story that didn't happen.

Rich said "2020" so it may still happen, but who knows, maybe there's another X-office vs. Avengers-office turf war going on. But I think there are writers/editors who would use Wanda if they could.

BANNED

I just want Wanda and the X-men to make some sort of amends and try to put the past behind themselves for once.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    This is why I'm inclined to believe Rich Johnston's gossip that Wanda and Pietro were supposed to be turned back into Magneto's kids but the story is on hold ("I understand that current management are planning to emphasise Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Magneto’s family ties in 2020 – but plans may be on hold as a result of the WandaVision TV show on Disney+ so as not to confuse people further"). I feel like when characters disappear for months without explanation it's sometimes because they were being held back for a story that didn't happen.

Rich said "2020" so it may still happen, but who knows, maybe there's another X-office vs. Avengers-office turf war going on. But I think there are writers/editors who would use Wanda if they could.
    They want to emphasize the ties that don't exist.

Just because the Marvel legends 3 pack is selling well doesn't mean it has to dictate the comics

Again, I wouldn't see the need in retconning the retcon. Much of Wanda's established relationships are on the opposite side of comics. In order to make the retcon of the retcon mean anything, they'd have to have some stories with mutants and the Magnus family. Actually do something with it. Which likely wouldn't happen. Because with Wanda being teamed up with Doctor Strange in the movies, and having been in his books. It seems they are going the opposite direction. So all you'd have is decades more of not doing anything with any family dynamics. They should only retcon stuff if they have lots of stories established for it. It makes no difference if they don't.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Again, I wouldn't see the need in retconning the retcon. Much of Wanda's established relationships are on the opposite side of comics. In order to make the retcon of the retcon mean anything, they'd have to have some stories with mutants and the Magnus family. Actually do something with it. Which likely wouldn't happen. Because with Wanda being teamed up with Doctor Strange in the movies, and having been in his books. It seems they are going the opposite direction. So all you'd have is decades more of not doing anything with any family dynamics. They should only retcon stuff if they have lots of stories established for it. It makes no difference if they don't.
    Same here, what's the point of re-retconing it, when the original never benefited her to start with. What are we going to have;
    Magneto: I'm your father again
    Wanda and Pietro: That's great, we still hate you.

Extraordinary Member

I agree personally, but we can see that under Cebulski, Marvel is very much making the X-Men line the center of their universe again, like it was in the '90s. Combine that with the fact that Wanda and Pietro were primarily pushed as "Magneto's children" in the '00s and it would make sense if they had a plan to give the fans back their Magnus Family, because they obviously care much more about those fans than classic Avengers fans (who, let's face it, are not as numerous as people who are primarily X-Men fans).

That doesn't mean they will go through with it, especially after the (somewhat surprising) announcement that Wanda would be in another MCU movie, but I can definitely believe they had the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Same here, what's the point of re-retconing it, when the original never benefited her to start with. What are we going to have;
    Magneto: I'm your father again
    Wanda and Pietro: That's great, we still hate you.
    That's about it, lol. It's a superficial link. Also, you are mutants now, but then nothing really changes because they didn't lose their powers. And most of Wanda's powers were Cthonic and magic based. I think they just knew it was dead weight.

I think the "WandaVision" team could focus on the couple and Vision's family for a season or two while Marvel figures out what to do with the Maximoff Family Tree. I think both origins have their pros and cons. Wanda does not need to be connected to Magneto to be a successful property for Marvel, but it is a connection recognized by comic fans and viewers of various cartoons throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I agree personally, but we can see that under Cebulski, Marvel is very much making the X-Men line the center of their universe again, like it was in the '90s. Combine that with the fact that Wanda and Pietro were primarily pushed as "Magneto's children" in the '00s and it would make sense if they had a plan to give the fans back their Magnus Family, because they obviously care much more about those fans than classic Avengers fans (who, let's face it, are not as numerous as people who are primarily X-Men fans).

That doesn't mean they will go through with it, especially after the (somewhat surprising) announcement that Wanda would be in another MCU movie, but I can definitely believe they had the plan.
    They weren't really primarily pushed all that much in the 00s. They just are having more mutant focused stories because a.) the movie rights have been gotten back. and b.) they have a character focused, good storyline going on by a good writer. It's a great time fro them. But you have to stretch very far to think that Wanda is in any of that.

That's about it, lol. It's a superficial link. Also, you are mutants now, but then nothing really changes because they didn't lose their powers. And most of Wanda's powers were Cthonic and magic based. I think they just knew it was dead weight.
    Also if they keep Natalya Maximoff as their mum, they will have another reason to hate Magento, since he would have killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Infectious Lass View Post
    I think the "WandaVision" team could focus on the couple and Vision's family for a season or two while Marvel figures out what to do with the Maximoff Family Tree. I think both origins have their pros and cons. Wanda does not need to be connected to Magneto to be a successful property for Marvel, but it is a connection recognized by comic fans and viewers of various cartoons throughout the years.
    That's because cartoons had them barely ever be out of their Brotherhood phase. The 90s X-Men cartoon was one that didn't do that. Because they had them as Avengers and the part where they find out Whizzer wasn't their real dad.