Page 182 of 234 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3507
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic art by Adam Hughes from Marvel Swimsuit Special #3 (January, 1994):

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I was only looking for if someone wrote an article about some things she talks there, and found another interview:

https://cheddar.com/media/elizabeth-...-scarlet-witch

It’s fun that she can promote two shows at once now

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

I love how whenever she's shown in a swimsuit it's basically just her classic look minus the leggings and gloves .

Finally a Pop for the comics version of Wanda will be released in December.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Short hair Wanda never feels like Wanda to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Same here...

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I can understand that, though that said, I think she still manages to look great with short hair:

Extraordinary Member

I can't find the quote but I recall John Byrne said that with the "Darker Than Scarlet" arc, Tom DeFalco was mad that he cut Wanda's hair without authorization. Sure enough, once Byrne quit the book the new creative team had Wanda's hair grow back to its old length almost instantly.

Writers can do anything they want to Wanda but there are just some things you can't mess around with.

The next version of Short Hair Wanda didn't last beyond her mini (Force Works used the same costume but grew her hair back) but at least it lives on in what remains the worst TV/film portrayal of Wanda to date, the Iron Man cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I can't find the quote but I recall John Byrne said that with the "Darker Than Scarlet" arc, Tom DeFalco was mad that he cut Wanda's hair without authorization. Sure enough, once Byrne quit the book the new creative team had Wanda's hair grow back to its old length almost instantly.

Writers can do anything they want to Wanda but there are just some things you can't mess around with.
    Who would've thought he'd need authorization for that kind of thing ?

Extraordinary Member

Anyway, to keep the conversation going in the absence of news (I would love to get some news out of NYCC but I realistically doubt we'll get anything before mid-2020), is it surprising that Wanda has never been killed off for any length of time? Sure, there was that thing in Uncanny Avengers, but that doesn't really count because it was reversed in the very next arc. I mean deaths that actually last for more than one storyline.

I guess it's because she's been in comics so inconsistently since the 2000s, when the Big Two really started the modern cycle of killing someone off and bringing someone else back in seemingly every event. Characters like Wanda, Clint, Jan, Natasha etc. aren't obscure enough to just be characters who are casually killed off to show what a badass the villain is (another modern comics cliché). So they have to get some panel time before they get killed off.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Anyway, to keep the conversation going in the absence of news (I would love to get some news out of NYCC but I realistically doubt we'll get anything before mid-2020), is it surprising that Wanda has never been killed off for any length of time? Sure, there was that thing in Uncanny Avengers, but that doesn't really count because it was reversed in the very next arc. I mean deaths that actually last for more than one storyline.

I guess it's because she's been in comics so inconsistently since the 2000s, when the Big Two really started the modern cycle of killing someone off and bringing someone else back in seemingly every event. Characters like Wanda, Clint, Jan, Natasha etc. aren't obscure enough to just be characters who are casually killed off to show what a badass the villain is (another modern comics cliché). So they have to get some panel time before they get killed off.
    What happened with her in Avengers Disassembled and House of M have the an effect where we would go years without her though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mago dos Gatos View Post
    What happened with her in Avengers Disassembled and House of M have the an effect where we would go years without her though.
    Be the very plot device to shake up the status quo of X/Avengers franchise, and got years of her stories ignored for that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I was only looking for if someone wrote an article about some things she talks there, and found another interview:

https://cheddar.com/media/elizabeth-...-scarlet-witch

It’s fun that she can promote two shows at once now
    That Kevin Feige came up with the concept and story of WandaVision is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    That Kevin Feige came up with the concept and story of WandaVision is amazing.
    I wish they'd clone Kevin Feige somehow so he could also run Marvel Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Be the very plot device to shake up the status quo of X/Avengers franchise, and got years of her stories ignored for that.
    Yeah, it's such a stretch to be like, hey be happy she got thrown away for 7 years and the whole precedent for the events ignored everything true about the character. She was at least involved, lol!