Page 213 of 234 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3507
  1. #3181
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It might be a thing where they figure out who created the dream world, but the show ends with the team up with her and Strange. Nightmare not being defeated until the movie then. I'd just like best for Wanda to have some of her own stuff in her own show (Chthon, Agatha). But I probably have to prepare myself for that not being a thing.
    Yeah, I can se Nightmare being revealed to be the villain at the end of the show but Wanda and Strange won't actually encounter him properly until DS2.
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  2. #3182
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,787

    Default

    My major gripe at this point is mainly the random cast, which I can tolerate as long as they get some central figures in place.
    And I would rather not have her over-due show wasted for a one-off villain material like Nightmare.(I kinda like him for the flashback potential, you know, some memories about Donna Strange, etc. But let's say his deal is a trope done to death in fiction, and on the level of personal involvement, menace and being famous, he is no match for Dorm, Shuma and dear overused Mephisto.) I can't believe I have to shit on a villain like that, but come on, he is not really worth long-term investment.

  3. #3183
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, I can se Nightmare being revealed to be the villain at the end of the show but Wanda and Strange won't actually encounter him properly until DS2.
    Then again who Wanda is gonna fight in her own show?
    I mean "breaking the illusion of the bad guy and that's it" is kinda lame.
    Did she get something to defeat on her own?(Along with Vision at least.)

  4. #3184
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't want it to be her powers, because Wanda was never able to warp reality like that on her own. And most of the motivation of Wanda doing that is because for some reason people want her to be the antagonist. When there are plenty of antagonists and villains to use, and she even had some of her own. What I want for Wanda is for her actual story to be developed and not any of the baby madness crap from the 2000s. Or even Byrne's stuff. Because his was written in disgust of Wanda's relationship to Vision or her kids. It's to spite the character, not in favor of her.
    So you don't want Wanda's powers to develop, I mean at least give her her real powers and not generic telekinesis and weak telepathy that she never used again
    i know that the HoM wasn't merely because of her, but it's not like Wanda can't use magic or reality warp in a low scale (or big scale if she's tapping into a power source)

  5. #3185
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Why i feel like Wanda will defeat Agatha (Nightmare's minion) like this 💀



    I know that isn't confirmed that Agatha will be her villain in the serie but that's the conclusion that i made

  6. #3186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    So you don't want Wanda's powers to develop, I mean at least give her her real powers and not generic telekinesis and weak telepathy that she never used again
    i know that the HoM wasn't merely because of her, but it's not like Wanda can't use magic or reality warp in a low scale (or big scale if she's tapping into a power source)
    Her powers can't develop without the presence of Chthon. Otherwise you are just giving her abilities out of nowhere. I want her actual story and support cast, not just feats. You might not be aware of this, but Wanda is more than just her powers.

    She has used telekinesis, too. Just not telepathy, nor abilities to give nightmares. But those things haven't been present since Whedon stopped writing her.
    Was Curlytop

  7. #3187
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Her powers can't develop without the presence of Chthon. Otherwise you are just giving her abilities out of nowhere. I want her actual story and support cast, not just feats. You might not be aware of this, but Wanda is more than just her powers.

    She has used telekinesis, too. Just not telepathy, nor abilities to give nightmares. But those things haven't been present since Whedon stopped writing her.
    I'm 100% sure they won't do anything with the Chthon stuff
    So if she isn't the person who is reality warping and it's all because of Nightmare
    We can say that Wanda will be just a telekinetic in the whole Dr Strange movie?

    We know that she will have magic (yes, even without Chthon) because Feige confirmed long time ago that her powers are magical but without training

  8. #3188
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Why i feel like Wanda will defeat Agatha (Nightmare's minion) like this ��



    I know that isn't confirmed that Agatha will be her villain in the serie but that's the conclusion that i made
    It would give me a really negative impression if they make Agatha the villain.
    She is one of the major positive figures in Wanda's life. I don't want Wanda to go full cringey on her.

  9. #3189
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I'm 100% sure they won't do anything with the Chthon stuff
    So if she isn't the person who is reality warping and it's all because of Nightmare
    We can say that Wanda will be just a telekinetic in the whole Dr Strange movie?

    We know that she will have magic (yes, even without Chthon) because Feige confirmed long time ago that her powers are magical but without training
    Chthon is really what makes her magic special, it's like throwing a Dark Force user into crowds of Jedi, which will make the character stand out.
    Magic is magical because the deep lore behind it, and without the Elder Gods and other deities magic in Marvel is just another fancy set of "powers".
    Which is why I really don't want Nightmare to be involved, he reduces the chance of Chthon showing up.

  10. #3190
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    So you don't want Wanda's powers to develop, I mean at least give her her real powers and not generic telekinesis and weak telepathy that she never used again
    i know that the HoM wasn't merely because of her, but it's not like Wanda can't use magic or reality warp in a low scale (or big scale if she's tapping into a power source)
    I want her power to have more lore and weight behind it.
    Not simply being more powerful.
    Which cannot happen if Agatha ends up being a villain and Nightmare steals Chthon's place.

  11. #3191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I'm 100% sure they won't do anything with the Chthon stuff
    So if she isn't the person who is reality warping and it's all because of Nightmare
    We can say that Wanda will be just a telekinetic in the whole Dr Strange movie?

    We know that she will have magic (yes, even without Chthon) because Feige confirmed long time ago that her powers are magical but without training
    Yeah but just saying a character has magic doesn't really do much in any sort of way of developing them. They have more time to develop her than movies do. Hopefully they use it well. Rumors don't seem to be pointing in that direction so far. We'll see what actually happens.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 11-30-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    Was Curlytop

  12. #3192
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,362

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Then again who Wanda is gonna fight in her own show?
    I mean "breaking the illusion of the bad guy and that's it" is kinda lame.
    Did she get something to defeat on her own?(Along with Vision at least.)
    Does there need to be a villain? Given it is Nightmare he could easily just warp Wanda's dream into a nightmare and force her to fight evil version of the "cast". The way I see it, this will probably be more of a character piece (which Wanda needs) to try and cope with the Vision's death
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  13. #3193
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Does there need to be a villain? Given it is Nightmare he could easily just warp Wanda's dream into a nightmare and force her to fight evil version of the "cast". The way I see it, this will probably be more of a character piece (which Wanda needs) to try and cope with the Vision's death
    But it won't be as efficient lore building if there is no direct conflict with a Villain that belongs in her own lore.
    I want Wanda to have something to offer to the Mystical side of Marvel than being another regular plain magic user who is magical in name only.

  14. #3194
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Does there need to be a villain? Given it is Nightmare he could easily just warp Wanda's dream into a nightmare and force her to fight evil version of the "cast". The way I see it, this will probably be more of a character piece (which Wanda needs) to try and cope with the Vision's death
    It's kinda like Robinson's run where more pressing story parts of Wanda got left off and what the run brings onto the table remains somewhat irrelevant.
    And this time the show kinda gives off the same vibe with the random cast. Except this is a much rarer opportunity and I want it to make the biggest impact it can.

  15. #3195
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I think there are two theories about Nightmare from what I saw on forums / Twitter, etc.

    There are people who think that Nightmare will f**k Wanda's mind and her false reality, and that will make her break all of realities

    and then there are some of you who believe that Wanda will be using Nightmare's powers all this time

    and the twinks being there makes all this more strange
    i personally believe Marvel will go with first theory

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •