Page 214 of 234 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I think there are two theories about Nightmare from what I saw on forums / Twitter, etc.

There are people who think that Nightmare will f**k Wanda's mind and her false reality, and that will make her break all of realities

and then there are some of you who believe that Wanda will be using Nightmare's powers all this time

and the twinks being there makes all this more strange
    i personally believe Marvel will go with first theory
    Aside from the people who actually get some inside info, 99% of the Internet only ever based their so-called theories about Wanda on HoM and some cliche crazy apocalypse maiden trope.
    Which doesn't really hold much value for reference.
    Well, I don't remember any of us suggest that, if anything, we only ever talked about Chthon being the power source like in the comics.
    I personally hope they don't use Nightmare in WV at all, this cast is already as random as it can get. I'd like the villain to be more relevant to her own story.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Aside from the people who actually get some inside info, 99% of the Internet only ever based their so-called theories about Wanda on HoM and some cliche crazy apocalypse maiden trope.
    Which doesn't really hold much value for reference.
    Well, I don't remember any of us suggest that, if anything, we only ever talked about Chthon being the power source like in the comics.
    I personally hope they don't use Nightmare in WV at all, this cast is already as random as it can get. I'd like the villain to be more relevant to her own story.
    I want Chthon to be there too because of what it mean for her Lore but knowing Marvel... They love to change things they can easily make Nightmare the new Chthon just like they did with Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
    Or just make everything about the reality warp thing just being Wanda going crazy (they having a lot of HoM and Disassembled comics for reference ins't a good presage )
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 12-01-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I will actually be cool with the Mar-Vell treatment.
    It's just genderbender plus reduced importance.
    But she is still a Kree and play a part in Carol getting her power.
    And I will be thankful if Chthon get to do that.
    An Elder God's gender doesn't matter much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I think there are two theories about Nightmare from what I saw on forums / Twitter, etc.

There are people who think that Nightmare will f**k Wanda's mind and her false reality, and that will make her break all of realities

and then there are some of you who believe that Wanda will be using Nightmare's powers all this time

and the twinks being there makes all this more strange
    i personally believe Marvel will go with first theory
    No, I have doubts we'll even see Wanda use chaos abilities. Because they haven't even given those to her in this universe.

Other people want a sudden jump to HoM but what you might get is Nightmare messing with her and her and Dr. Strange teaming up.

People on the net have been assuming she'll use reality warping because they don't really understand her powers. They just think the idea of HoM is cool because she does something really powerful and they want mutants. Some of them have never even read HoM at all.

So that's not an "us" theory. We were talking about how none of her support (Agatha, Holly LaDonna, etc.) and her enemies (Chthon, Lore) haven't been cast or hinted at. So she might not have anything of her own at all.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    So that's not an "us" theory. We were talking about how none of her support (Agatha, Holly LaDonna, etc.) and her enemies (Chthon, Lore) haven't been cast or hinted at. So she might not have anything of her own at all.
    If Charles Murphy is right that Wanda's mysterious neighbor is named "Agnes" then that's probably short for Agatha Harkness or is a new character based on her (like MJ in the MCU Spider-Man movies).

Ultimate Member

Now that Deadpool 2 (with Domino) has shown us that 'luck powers' can indeed be cinematic as hell, it would be neat to see a Wanda Maximoff with actual probability manipulating 'bad luck bolts' and not some Jean Grey knock-off powers (particularly relevant in the light of Disney buying back the rights to actually use Jean Grey in the movies, and not needing two of their leading MCU ladies with telekinetic/telepathic type powers...).

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    It's kinda like Robinson's run where more pressing story parts of Wanda got left off and what the run brings onto the table remains somewhat irrelevant.
    And this time the show kinda gives off the same vibe with the random cast. Except this is a much rarer opportunity and I want it to make the biggest impact it can.
    Robinson's run remains irrelvant because Wanda (sadly) is beoming irrelevant in Marvel's eyes since she isn't Carol Danvers, Black Widow or Spider Woman.
    The problem is how much impact will this or any Disney+ series really have? After all none everyone will be able to afford Disney+ and they will still want the movies to be as accessible as possible. So it could be possible that anything that doies happen here will be a glorified footnote in the greater MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Now that Deadpool 2 (with Domino) has shown us that 'luck powers' can indeed be cinematic as hell, it would be neat to see a Wanda Maximoff with actual probability manipulating 'bad luck bolts' and not some Jean Grey knock-off powers (particularly relevant in the light of Disney buying back the rights to actually use Jean Grey in the movies, and not needing two of their leading MCU ladies with telekinetic/telepathic type powers...).
    If she twindles her fingers and a meteor lands on someone's head, I'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    If Charles Murphy is right that Wanda's mysterious neighbor is named "Agnes" then that's probably short for Agatha Harkness or is a new character based on her (like MJ in the MCU Spider-Man movies).
    I mean that's an assumption to have, but it's fan theory for now. Disney themselves haven't said anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    They dropped probability altering powers for Wanda years ago. I don't think we'll see it referenced in movies. You'll get the occasional reference to it in comics, from a writer that doesn't know it's been dropped. Mostly they stick with points at things, stuff happens telekinesis type of stuff. Telekinesis is a part of the chaos abilities. You could rope probability altering into that if you wanted to, but most of that has been forgotten in favor of her more powerful abilities.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-01-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Every time Al Ewing writes Wanda he tries to work the probability powers in there.

Personally "probability manipulation" is my favorite definition of Wanda's powers, though I always wanted to see writers make more creative uses of it than just "make things fall down." Instead of insisting she can't fly or teleport, which writers/editors did for decades, why not just accept that she can do those things but find a way to explain them as a part of probability manipulation?

What makes powers interesting is how writers explain the things the character does with them. Wanda has rarely gone much beyond "shoots red stuff that makes stuff happen" unfortunately. This was a weakness of the Robinson series, where she would just pull out a magic spell she had memorized for the occasion.

Every time Al Ewing writes Wanda he tries to work the probability powers in there.

Personally "probability manipulation" is my favorite definition of Wanda's powers, though I always wanted to see writers make more creative uses of it than just "make things fall down." Instead of insisting she can't fly or teleport, which writers/editors did for decades, why not just accept that she can do those things but find a way to explain them as a part of probability manipulation?

What makes powers interesting is how writers explain the things the character does with them. Wanda has rarely gone much beyond "shoots red stuff that makes stuff happen" unfortunately. This was a weakness of the Robinson series, where she would just pull out a magic spell she had memorized for the occasion.
    Before her probability was luck based. It wasn't just make things fall down. It was that it had a chance of working or backfiring. Teleportation came with the Nexus being stuff in the 80s. I think just everything got explained away as now being Chaos Magic. So it's all under that umbrella. But I agree, they don't go beyond the basic point and shoot stuff a lot of the time. I do like the magic stuff, and I'd like for them to dig in further on what she's learned over the years. She had about 11 years (real life time) of learning magic from Agatha. She should be pretty adept. I'd like at some point for her to take on another apprentice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No, I have doubts we'll even see Wanda use chaos abilities. Because they haven't even given those to her in this universe.

Other people want a sudden jump to HoM but what you might get is Nightmare messing with her and her and Dr. Strange teaming up.

People on the net have been assuming she'll use reality warping because they don't really understand her powers. They just think the idea of HoM is cool because she does something really powerful and they want mutants. Some of them have never even read HoM at all.

Lore, despite her limited appearance and circumstance of creation(freaking 90s!), is an interesting concept.
    I am not sure about her being an evil version of Wanda though.(Since other Nexus Beings aren't necessarily other versions of Wanda, why is Lore suggested to be one?)
    Having a mortal with some god complex after fighting an actual god would be interesting.(I mean if she get to have more shows/movies and fight her villain in a sequence like Modred/Chthon/Lore).
    I can do with Holly and other neighbors replaced, there should be a civilian friend character who looked up to Wanda though, I like Holly for that.(I kinda sympathezise with that part, Holly is like that one person who is interested in your boring hobby.)

Extraordinary Member

I don't mind a name change or some character traits change.(I would still prefer an old lady, but middle-aged looking Agatha would be okay.)
    A funny Agatha with more dry humor? By all means. As long as they make her Wanda's friend and likable in the end.(I mean, if they meant for her to appear hostile at first and stuff.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Robinson's run remains irrelvant because Wanda (sadly) is beoming irrelevant in Marvel's eyes since she isn't Carol Danvers, Black Widow or Spider Woman.
    The problem is how much impact will this or any Disney+ series really have? After all none everyone will be able to afford Disney+ and they will still want the movies to be as accessible as possible. So it could be possible that anything that doies happen here will be a glorified footnote in the greater MCU.
    Also because there seems to be some limitation on supporting characters in Wanda's own book, the only old faces are like Pietro and Agatha. Some more Avengers would be nice, like show us she hang out with Janet or something. Don't pretend she cut all connection with Avengers.

Which is why I hope the show will hold more personal meaning to Wanda than making that much of an impact on another movie, for example, you will understand Wanda's motives and character better in DS2 if you watched WV, but you can still enjoy the movie's story on its own.(Meaning the narrative within the movie is complete and not missing any piece.) Basically WV could enhance the experience of watching DS2, but not viewing it should not compromise the basic cinematic experience of DS2.