Page 225 of 234 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You're welcome. Here's another panel if y'all don't mind. In an older post I mentioned how Harkness said she was superior to Strange over certain kinds of magic. Here she is saying it as it is.
    I have said that before regarding Agatha.

I like and always thought that some are outside of his scope as SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    You all know that HoM Wanda was reconnected once again to be just planetary even when she affected others timelimes stated on panel by Dr Strange himself and After the birth of Hope Summers, two future timelines with mutants suddenly became active again: Earth-1191 (which was earlier "shut down") meaning that Wanda spell was multiversal

We know that it wasn't her own power (life force) but now she's useless in battle threads...
    I don't really care if she wins battle threads. I care more that she's treated as a character. Wanda with the life force was nothing more than a plot device.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't really care if she wins battle threads. I care more that she's treated as a character. Wanda with the life force was nothing more than a plot device.
    Who cares about Battle threads anyways

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Exactly. I'd rather she be in more books. Battle threads win you nothing.

Extraordinary Member

Brings back the memories when I only knew Wanda as "that lady everyone is bragging about".
    I actually think she is pretty cool, now when I think of it, it's during her hardest time.

TAROT #4 (OF 4)
    ALAN DAVIS (W) • PAUL RENAUD (A/C)
    Variant Cover by ALAN DAVIS
    VARIANT COVER BY STEPHEN MOONEY
    Merged into a single amalgamated band, the combined heroes of the amalgamated Avengers and Defenders race against the clock to put everything right – as the final card begins to turn.
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    ROAD TO EMPYRE: THE KREE/SKRULL WAR #1
    ROBBIE THOMPSON (W) • MATTIA DE IULIS & JAVIER RODRIGUEZ (A)
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    EMPYRE IS COMING!
    The build-up to Marvel’s massive event series of the spring begins here—but in actuality, it began a millennia ago, with a challenge on the moon! In the wake of INCOMING, everything has changed for the Kree and the Skrulls. And out in the cold on Earth, the Warner family (MEET THE SKRULLS) need to work out what has happened and what it means for the future of their family and their race! And that means educating their kids on just how the Kree and the Skrulls first went to war!
    40 PGS./ONE SHOT/Rated T …$4.99

STRANGE ACADEMY #1
    SKOTTIE YOUNG (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
    CHARACTER SPOTLIGHT VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
    VARIANT COVER BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
    VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
    VARIANT COVER BY JEROME OPEÑA
    A SORCERER SCHOOL FOR THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!
    The Marvel Universe has mysteriously changed in such an alarming way that Doctor Strange has done what he’s avoided for decades; he’s opened a school for young sorcerers. Young people from around the world with aptitude in magic have been brought together in New Orleans to study the Mystic Arts under Strange, Brother Voodoo, the Ancient One, the Scarlet Witch, Magik, Hellstrom and ALL your favorite Marvel magicians. But with all the new magical threats, is it too late?!
    40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

TRUE BELIEVERS: EMPYRE – MAR-VELL #1
    Reprinting Avengers (1963) #89
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: EMPYRE – QUOI #1
    Reprinting Avengers Celestial Quest (2001) #3
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: EMPYRE – SWORDSMAN #1
    Reprinting Avengers (1963) #19
    32 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

TRUE BELIEVERS: EMPYRE – VISION #1
    Reprinting Giant-Size Avengers (1974) #4
    40 PGS./Rated T …$1.00

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I agree, but if Marvel is going to use her as a plot device, at least they should do it well, now it's worse than before because they only used it as a planetary plot device.

which means that her character was sacrificed and almost destroyed just for being a earth threat lol

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

It might not, SWORD is probably just the replacement for SHIELD.
    The first two letters of S.W.O.R.D. stand for “Sentient World” which of course means something like “worlds with sentient live on them”. They most definitely deal with aliens, unless MARVEL goes through the trouble of changing the meaning of that acronym. Also MARVEL only *just* got the rights to SWORD back due to the Disney Fox merger. I bet they have waited a long time to use SWORD and will use it for what it is meant to be.

However, I am aware that this doesn’t necessarily mean that Wanda has a “Space Adventure”. The connection could just be that they classify the mind stone (that gave or activated her powers) as an “alien artifact” and therefore assume it to be their responsibility to survey Wanda and determine whether she is a threat. I could see a conflict with Doctor Strange – if he is in that series – were he is towards SWORD like “She is a Mage, that’s my area of responsibility”.

Extraordinary Member

I agree, but if Marvel is going to use her as a plot device, at least they should do it well, now it's worse than before because they only used it as a planetary plot device.
    I can't agree, I think it's probably too late to convince most people (including most writers) that Wanda is not omnipotent or potentially omnipotent, but at least they should know that HoM Wanda was not the most powerful person in the history of the multiverse. Any limitation on that story helps.

which means that her character was sacrificed and almost destroyed just for being a earth threat lol
    There is a middle ground here, and that is the one that I assumed anyway, which is that Wanda *only* affected the 616 Universe. It’s just that most Mutants live on Earth anyway. Consequently, restoring the mutant population by Wanda and Hope mainly affected just Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

TAROT #4 (OF 4)
    Merged into a single amalgamated band, the combined heroes of the amalgamated Avengers and Defenders race against the clock to put everything right – as the final card begins to turn.
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    EMPYRE IS COMING!
    The build-up to Marvel’s massive event series of the spring begins here—but in actuality, it began a millennia ago, with a challenge on the moon! In the wake of INCOMING, everything has changed for the Kree and the Skrulls. And out in the cold on Earth, the Warner family (MEET THE SKRULLS) need to work out what has happened and what it means for the future of their family and their race! And that means educating their kids on just how the Kree and the Skrulls first went to war!
    The TAROT #4, is there an Amalgam of Scarlet Witch and Black Widow??? I once said I want more stories with both of them, but that’s not how I meant it . Sounds like a fun Idea, I only thought we already have an Amalgam-Universe with Marvel Characters.
    Or is this Scarlet Witch / Doctor Strange ????

“EMPYRE IS COMING!”
    As a whole is rather confusing to me.
    At first, I thought this is just a reprint (there are many this time, like the Giant Sized Avengers where Wanda and Vision marry).
    But this is… a recap?
    A re-visit, that adds more details??

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I can't agree, I think it's probably too late to convince most people (including most writers) that Wanda is not omnipotent or potentially omnipotent, but at least they should know that HoM Wanda was not the most powerful person in the history of the multiverse. Any limitation on that story helps.
    I think characters in general need power limits, or they become too difficult for writers to tackle. They are just the answer to everything. Which is what a plot device is, and why it can't ever be done in a good way. Objects should be plot devices, not characters.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

TAROT #4 (OF 4)
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
    Cover by PHIL NOTO
    VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
    EMPYRE IS COMING!
    Lol, of course Hellstrom the shirtless dude on fire got meshed with Namor the speedo boy under water.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    The TAROT #4, is there an Amalgam of Scarlet Witch and Black Widow??? I once said I want more stories with both of them, but that’s not how I meant it . Sounds like a fun Idea, I only thought we already have an Amalgam-Universe with Marvel Characters.
    Or is this Scarlet Witch / Doctor Strange ????

“EMPYRE IS COMING!”
    As a whole is rather confusing to me.
    At first, I thought this is just a reprint (there are many this time, like the Giant Sized Avengers where Wanda and Vision marry).
    But this is… a recap?
    A re-visit, that adds more details??
    Well, the cloak definitely looks like Stephen's, but I am not so sure the other part is Wanda since "Thor" has this belt with M on it.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-19-2019 at 11:29 PM.