Page 230 of 234 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234 LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Supposedly because of the whitewashing. But I feel like that's mostly an excuse. But either way now there's basically this... Should I say culture(?) of hating on her, calling her Wendy, Hot Topic Jean, calling Vision toaster and vibrator, etc........ And with the WandaVision poster and concept(of them being a traditional '50s couple) now they "joke" even more about them looking like racist conservatives or whatever.
    I'm shocked, I thought she was an iconic twitter goddess and the vibrator jokes were pretty inevitable. Though I admit I was annoyed she sort of had Jean's powers, but Jean's psionics can be pink and sparkly to set them apart

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I'm shocked, I thought she was an iconic twitter goddess and the vibrator jokes were pretty inevitable. Though I admit I was annoyed she sort of had Jean's powers, but Jean's psionics can be pink and sparkly to set them apart
    I was annoyed by that too at first, but I think they are trying to push her in the right direction that is more like her character in comics. And can make her distinct.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I was annoyed by that too at first, but I think they are trying to push her in the right direction that is more like her character in comics. And can make her distinct.
    Oh yeah and even then her powers always had a sort of mystical feel and lately they seem like full blown magic. Though I hope they stay at just magic and not straight up reality warping. Some people say magic = reality warping, but I don't think so, they seem similar but they're still different you know what I mean.

Oh yeah and even then her powers always had a sort of mystical feel and lately they seem like full blown magic. Though I hope they stay at just magic and not straight up reality warping. Some people say magic = reality warping, but I don't think so, they seem similar but they're still different you know what I mean.
    They are different in a way. The reality warping that was introduced by Busiek was tied to Chthon and was because he has that as his power set. But in the way that Busiek wrote it gave her limits. And kept her as a character. Bendis just used it in such an awful way that forgot about her as a character and just turned her into the cosmic cube. If the MCU can keep the limits (she can only reality warp when tapping into a power strong enough), then I'm fine with it. I'm hoping she gets a better deal in the movies, so that maybe that pushes more writers to want to handle her.

Extraordinary Member

Supposedly because of the whitewashing. But I feel like that's mostly an excuse. But either way now there's basically this... Should I say culture(?) of hating on her, calling her Wendy, Hot Topic Jean, calling Vision toaster and vibrator, etc........ And with the WandaVision poster and concept(of them being a traditional '50s couple) now they "joke" even more about them looking like racist conservatives or whatever.

Edit: I forgot, they also call her a Nazi because she volunteered for Hydra...
    I feel sorry when I had to drag Jessica Drew sometimes to make a point.
    I miss some Tumblr haters who are far more straightforward who just go with "she hurt my baby boy Tony...", sometimes it's mixed with MCU Wanda's questionable behavior, but they are not afraid to simply express "I hate this character for punching my sweet dear."
    Seriously I used to fucking hate them and consider them the most inmature and toxic fans, but now to think about it, they have the greatest virtue of honesty. At least they don't pretend to care about her by simply posting some comic pages whose source title cannot even be named.

It honestly gives off this vibe to me "why your favorite character cannot just die off in silence and make more room."

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Well, MCU twitter pretty much hates Wanda. I wouldn't be surprised if someone there did it to troll her fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why do they hate Wanda ?
    Really?! Cause that is the 1st time I have ever heard of that and honestly that area of twitter seems to be the odd ones out in those opinions. This is mainly cause ever since her major moment in Avengers: Endgame I have heard especially around YouTube and with other fans I talk to outside of the net world have been saying nothing less then unending praise and love for just how cool Wanda is and how many have her as their favorite now but most of all these fans have major hype for both WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2!

Honestly Twitter has been a very toxic place so I would not put much worry with it.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Only to some, and only when you block so many peope like I did.
    I honestly don't take the vibrator joke that well especially when it's used to dehumanize both Wanda and Vision.

As a Chinese reader there is this popular "ComicsExplained" like channel(though arguably the guy running the channel is not as knowledgeable as Rob), who did a video on Tom King's Vision and somehow he interpreted the term "Toaster" as some kind of romantic nickname. And suddenly bunch of people used the term "Toaster" in Marvel fan community across multiple media when there are WandaVision news or stuff about them.
    It's kinda the opposite since most of them don't mean disrespect and even think it's cute or something, but it's still super annoying. Now I wish more people have watched Battlestar Galactica and have "frakking Toasters" branded in their brain.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-29-2019 at 11:23 PM.

I'm surprised Wanda's hated tbh. I always see people praising her but maybe I'm not too deep in MCU twitter.

They are different in a way. The reality warping that was introduced by Busiek was tied to Chthon and was because he has that as his power set. But in the way that Busiek wrote it gave her limits. And kept her as a character. Bendis just used it in such an awful way that forgot about her as a character and just turned her into the cosmic cube. If the MCU can keep the limits (she can only reality warp when tapping into a power strong enough), then I'm fine with it. I'm hoping she gets a better deal in the movies, so that maybe that pushes more writers to want to handle her.
    I hope so too. Also Bendis total destruction of her was weirdly impressive, he barely wrote her and still left her unusable for years. But that's the past and I feel like Wanda is mostly fine now

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I miss some Tumblr haters who are far more straightforward who just go with "she hurt my baby boy Tony...", sometimes it's mixed with MCU Wanda's questionable behavior, but they are not afraid to simply express "I hate this character for punching my sweet dear."
    Seriously I used to fucking hate them and consider them the most inmature and toxic fans, but now to think about it, they have the greatest virtue of honesty. At least they don't pretend to care about her by simply posting some comic pages whose source title cannot even be named.

It honestly gives off this vibe to me "why your favorite character cannot just die off in silence and make more room."
    Tumblr has it's own brand of toxicity. People have been driven from there for contesting others on things by simply stating facts. All social media seems to be this way now. Full of mob behavior.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I'm surprised Wanda's hated tbh. I always see people praising her but maybe I'm not too deep in MCU twitter.

I hope so too. Also Bendis total destruction of her was weirdly impressive, he barely wrote her and still left her unusable for years. But that's the past and I feel like Wanda is mostly fine now
    Indeed that is my experience as well this MCU Twitter thing feels like an outlier cause around other parts of the net like I said in my other post Wanda has gained constant love and praise especially after Endgame.

Honestly I have never seen Wanda more popular then she is now, so I would not put much worry into Twitter, just go to any Wanda Endgame video on YouTube and you will see the praise I am seeing!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Yeah, Tony stans have a lot to do with that too. I think it mostly started with people like that, who then used the whitewashing/Hydra thing to justify their hate, and then it sort of became a bit of an echo chamber where people see it and agree/do the same just to fit in with the community.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Really?! Cause that is the 1st time I have ever heard of that and honestly that area of twitter seems to be the odd ones out in those opinions. This is mainly cause ever since her major moment in Avengers: Endgame I have heard especially around YouTube and with other fans I talk to outside of the net world have been saying nothing less then unending praise and love for just how cool Wanda is and how many have her as their favorite now but most of all these fans have major hype for both WandaVision and Doctor Strange 2!

Honestly Twitter has been a very toxic place so I would not put much worry with it.
    Yeah, it's not really a majority. It's like the ~woke~ version of dudebros(pls Wolverine mod don't kill me for using that term, I'm not directing it anyone in here) hating on Captain Marvel and Brie Larson. But even smaller. It's still really annoying though, especially cause you'd expect places/people like that to be on board with stanning female heroes.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

My particular impression, based on the stuff I've read online, is that most of MCU Wanda haters tend to come more from the comics stan part of the Marvel fandom than the MCU stan part. The MCU-oriented fans tend to care about comics accuracy less, and are less likely to be bothered by some of the changes made to Wanda. Although at one point it really just became nitpicking, 'cause some of those same stans who hate Wanda for not being ''like the comics'' also stan characters and movies that are very different from the source material, like the Ant-Man franchise or the Captain Marvel franchise. It makes no sense for someone who hates MCU Wanda for being different from the comics to love MCU Wasp (who literally was a forgotten villain from an AU that was turned into the titular character while the original one was sidelined) or to think Captain Marvel was flawless (despite the massive changes that were done to so many supporting characters like the Rambeaus, Mar-Vell, Talos and even Nick Fury's backstory), and yet, some of them do.

And when people try to argue that Wanda's situation is ''worse'' because of the whitewashing, I'm just reminded that not even half of this outrage is directed at live action adaptions of Dick Grayson, who was also established to be romani in the comics, but it's something that it's pretty much ignored in every other media. It's hard to take some people's ''wokeness'' seriously when it's so obviously biased and selective like that.

Only to some, and only when you block so many peope like I did.
    I honestly don't take the vibrator joke that well especially when it's used to dehumanize both Wanda and Vision.

As a Chinese reader there is this popular "ComicsExplained" like channel(though arguably the guy running the channel is not as knowledgeable as Rob), who did a video on Tom King's Vision and somehow he interpreted the term "Toaster" as some kind of romantic nickname. And suddenly bunch of people used the term "Toaster" in Marvel fan community across multiple media when there are WandaVision news or stuff about them.
    It's kinda the opposite since most of them don't mean disrespect and even think it's cute or something, but it's still super annoying. Now I wish more people have watched Battlestar Galactica and have "frakking Toasters" branded in their brain.
    I see I thought it was just an affecrionate thing like how I like to call the phoenix force a cosmic chicken, big bird, space kfc, etc. And most of my MCU twitter experience was with Chrises thirst posts and people loving Wanda for slaying Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Indeed that is my experience as well this MCU Twitter thing feels like an outlier cause around other parts of the net like I said in my other post Wanda has gained constant love and praise especially after Endgame.

Honestly I have never seen Wanda more popular then she is now, so I would not put much worry into Twitter, just go to any Wanda Endgame video on YouTube and you will see the praise I am seeing!
    As she should. She deserves all the love

Extraordinary Member

Probably some bad humor, but if one day Wanda actually gets to fight Chthon himself, he should probably ask Wanda how does it feel compared to her dancing in a skimpy outfit in front of an audience since her monologue back then was that she'd rahter fight Chthon than doing that.
    While I don't take Chthon as the jokish type of demon, I think it can give off the message that as her creator he pretty much knows everything about her.(With Darkhold functioning as some kind of recorder.)
    I am still interested in how Wanda feels about Chthon, like she expressed genuine fear for Magneto, but Chthon is sorta treated like just another villain in her hero's career. She is certainly not afraid of thinking about a potential conflict though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    My particular impression, based on the stuff I've read online, is that most of MCU Wanda haters tend to come more from the comics stan part of the Marvel fandom than the MCU stan part. The MCU-oriented fans tend to care about comics accuracy less, and are less likely to be bothered by some of the changes made to Wanda. Although at one point it really just became nitpicking, 'cause some of those same stans who hate Wanda for not being ''like the comics'' also stan characters and movies that are very different from the source material, like the Ant-Man franchise or the Captain Marvel franchise. It makes no sense for someone who hates MCU Wanda for being different from the comics to love MCU Wasp (who literally was a forgotten villain from an AU that was turned into the titular character while the original one was sidelined) or to think Captain Marvel was flawless (despite the massive changes that were done to so many supporting characters like the Rambeaus, Mar-Vell, Talos and even Nick Fury's backstory), and yet, some of them do.

And when people try to argue that Wanda's situation is ''worse'' because of the whitewashing, I'm just reminded that not even half of this outrage is directed at live action adaptions of Dick Grayson, who was also established to be romani in the comics, but it's something that it's pretty much ignored in every other media. It's hard to take some people's ''wokeness'' seriously when it's so obviously biased and selective like that.
    Or when they try to play some minor details as super important.(Though it comes more often from MCU fans who only wiki-ed characters.)
    I would just call myself the shameless type of fan who only ever care about her getting any form of benefit out of this cinematic adaption ride.(And probably do my favorite storylines over others' in the process. )