Page 29 of 234 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It’s super tight. Vote Wanda- they are tied!!!!!

. https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nament-Round-5
    Last edited by BeWitchery; 03-11-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wanda is going to get Monica to trace the Sigils for her. Which probably means that either the spell breaks Wanda's connection to Nyx but she is still blind or something goes wrong and this is how Wanda meets Conan
    I thought that way since Wanda asked if Monica wants to be a witch. It makes sense for Monica to trace the sigils given her power set, but does that make her a caster, thus kinda a witch in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I thought that way since Wanda asked if Monica wants to be a witch. It makes sense for Monica to trace the sigils given her power set, but does that make her a caster, thus kinda a witch in the process?
    Didn't Wanda do something similar in Red Zone where she got Carol to draw the big symbol

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

I guess Wanda will try to teach Monica how to use that specific spell, and Monica somehow fills Wanda's sight with light as some unexpected effects?
    Her eyes are still dark in those Conan covers, I guess Monica is not successful at first.
    Good point, I didn’t thought much about the black eye’s back when the regular Conan Cover was released, as such are usually linked to intense use of magic. Covers are often not very accurate with regards to the content, though. Also I do assume that someone will accomplish something, otherwise Wanda couldn’t go to or be send to the Hyborian Age. I assume Voyager will send her there, to retrieve one of the soul shards, but she is neutralized right now.

Can we now again talk about Wanda's ever-changing eye color? No?
    Related to the above, I don’t think red glowing, white glowing or completely black eyes should count for that as they are a temporary side effect of intense use of magic. According to issue 1 of “no road Home” Wanda’s eyes are currently green

As I guess everyone here knows, Wanda once taught a completely ordinary Woman the use of magic. Did took some time though ... .

Extraordinary Member

I am just making fun of the fact that Wanda got bunch of different eye color even if it's the glowing type.
    I don't remember Holly perform actual witchcraft afterwards though.

Interesting that it's Marvel.com and they put Mags still as her dad. This seems to be something they are doing everywhere but officially in comics yet. Also, mutant abilities. Just tell us what is true now, Marvel!
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-11-2019 at 07:54 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

A lot of people are interpreting this as showing that the retcon is going to be undone, but honestly I think most people just don't know about the retcon and nobody bothers to tell them because it's not important any more. I'm still very skeptical that Brevoort would allow them to be re-retconned into Magneto's children or that his bosses would care enough to order it.

It's sort of like a lot of people still think Wanda has the power to change all reality with a word because a lot more people read House of M than ever read the retcon of those powers in Children's Crusade.

I don't remember Holly perform actual witchcraft afterwards though.
    There was a scene where Wanda's teaching allowed Holly to move some snow slightly, almost invisibly, or that's what Wanda said anyway. Holly never appeared again after this series so it's hard to tell if she was actually going to be able to perform witchcraft, but Englehart's idea was that Wanda was a non-magical being who was taught witchcraft by Agatha Harkness, and he ignored the retcon that Chthon had given her some kind of innate magical ability.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think Englehart necessarily ignored that, the originial Chhton/Wundagore origin put it in a way that sounds like "Wanda has the potential to learn magic well"(with flashbacks of Wanda learning magic with Chthon narrating.) than "she has innate magical power that she can pull out without learning". Meaning even without that influence, Wanda can learn magic, just not as well as she did. Again, I think the original Chthon story is more one-sided with Chthon being able to possess Wanda, and Wanda getting this vague gift/talent in return.
    I think it was until Busiek's Chaos Magic that Chthon's influence is no longer seen as "talent/gift for magic learning" but instead "natural power to channel magic energy". This time it plays an essential part since her supposed probability manipulation/reality warping won't come to fruitation without Chhton's influence.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Interesting that it's Marvel.com and they put Mags still as her dad. This seems to be something they are doing everywhere but officially in comics yet. Also, mutant abilities. Just tell us what is true now, Marvel!
    Yeah, I prefer this subtle change than wasting comic issues to explain stuff.

Despite being on the official site, it isn't written by a Marvel Writer, so it can't exactly be called canon or even official.

Yeah, I prefer this subtle change than wasting comic issues to explain stuff.
    The problem being that it wouldn't be considered canon unless in any issue. They could give her a book again to iron it out. Or just mention that the spell in AXIS was inaccurate. Or just do something like the Vision concept art did. It can be passive and still in an issue.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 03-12-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Despite being on the official site, it isn't written by a Marvel Writer, so it can't exactly be called canon or even official.
    Do they not pre-approve things on their website? They are very strict with what game companies put in games. Would their own website be more lax?

Do they not pre-approve things on their website? They are very strict with what game companies put in games. Would their own website be more lax?
    Clearly not, after all they don't correct the errors made in the comics half the time. Also the website editors probably don't know/care about the retcon anyways