Page 52 of 234 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    You can talk about it now if you use spoiler tags.

What country are you from? What do they call the Avengers in your language?
    I will use spoiler tag anyway, but no one will answer, might as well start it when everyone is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    China.(IW got delayed for 2 weeks here and Endgame is two days ealier. That is fair I guess.)
    It's "复仇者联盟" in Chinese, translated back in English, it's "Avengers League". Usually we just call it "复仇者"(so just " Avengers". )
    Do you get the British Avengers in China? Steed and Peel, secret agents? Because that franchise (probably specifically, a 1998 movie) caused the first Marvel Avengers movie to be called Avengers Assemble in the UK. I wonder if that's also why the Chinese title is Avengers League?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Do you get the British Avengers in China? Steed and Peel, secret agents? Because that franchise (probably specifically, a 1998 movie) caused the first Marvel Avengers movie to be called Avengers Assemble in the UK. I wonder if that's also why the Chinese title is Avengers League?
    Not really. But it's translated as "复仇者" in most movie sites.
    "复仇者" is not plural in Chinese, Avengers in direct translation would be "复仇者们", but that sounds weird for a movie title. (Also that would just mean multiple Avengers rather than the name of the superhero organization.)
    So "联盟" (League) is probably for the sake of sounding like a superhero team.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-25-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    I think Wanda and the Vision will take elements from the following stories:

The Vision and the Scarlet Witch, Vol. 1 and 2
    The 2016 Vision series
    The 2016 Scarlet Witch Series
    Disassembled
    House of M
    The Yesterday Quest
    Celestial Madonna
    I don't see why anyone would want anything from Disassembled or HOM adapted.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Same and I don't think they could go into it anyway right now. It still has a lot of characters that while they own now, aren't introduced just yet, and likely won't be introduced on a streaming show.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 04-25-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm pretty sure it'll just be based on The Vision and the Scarlet Witch and Tom King's The Vision.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I just realized that the story of Vision's comic is similar to "Avengers Disassembled" in many ways. In "Disassembled" Wanda created her own family and will do anything to protect the life she has built with them, even fight all the Avengers and kill if necessary. In Vision, created his own family and will do anything to protect the life he has built with them, even fight all the Avengers and kill if necessary.

Vision is a much better version of that story because it's actually about Vision and because he wasn't allowed to go so bad that he could never be used again. But the similarities are real enough that I wonder if that was conscious on King's part... maybe paralleling "Darker Than Scarlet" more than "Disassembled."

So we might get a story like that - not "Vision creates a robot family" or "Wanda creates children from the devil's soul" but something about what people are willing to do to get a family and protect it. I don't really mind a story like that as long as it doesn't trash the character and is actually about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm pretty sure it'll just be based on The Vision and the Scarlet Witch and Tom King's The Vision.
    That's what I read in articles. Seems much more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I just realized that the story of Vision's comic is similar to "Avengers Disassembled" in many ways. In "Disassembled" Wanda created her own family and will do anything to protect the life she has built with them, even fight all the Avengers and kill if necessary. In Vision, created his own family and will do anything to protect the life he has built with them, even fight all the Avengers and kill if necessary.

Vision is a much better version of that story because it's actually about Vision and because he wasn't allowed to go so bad that he could never be used again. But the similarities are real enough that I wonder if that was conscious on King's part... maybe paralleling "Darker Than Scarlet" more than "Disassembled."

So we might get a story like that - not "Vision creates a robot family" or "Wanda creates children from the devil's soul" but something about what people are willing to do to get a family and protect it. I don't really mind a story like that as long as it doesn't trash the character and is actually about them.
    Honestly Disassembled would have made much more sense for Vision. When they were still talking about having kids, it was Vision that wanted them the most. Wanda was still on the fence. After they had lost the kids, Wanda had time to deal with the loss, but Vizh had spent so much of that time without his memories and emotions. He really had no time to deal with it properly.

But Wanda is the woman, so of course she's the one who's gonna freak out over the children!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The lego effect of the artist is probably the only thing worth adapting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Honestly Disassembled would have made much more sense for Vision. When they were still talking about having kids, it was Vision that wanted them the most. Wanda was still on the fence. After they had lost the kids, Wanda had time to deal with the loss, but Vizh had spent so much of that time without his memories and emotions. He really had no time to deal with it properly.
    Well, female human would be considered "illogical" compared to male android by default.
    That being said, I don't want that crap happening to Vision either.
    Avengers Dissembled basically give everyone some degree of amnesia to make the story work, Wanda forgot the demise of her kids, Stephen forgot his goddman diagnosis and promises, also Avengers just never knew Wanda's experience.(I mean, after Roy Thomas gave her memory back and make peace, I would assume Avengers close to her would know, even if she never talked about that on page with others around.) Cap forgot why Wanda became an Avenger and what it meant to her. (Hey, here is Wanda, I got her secured, now I am handing her over to the man she was running from in the first place when she joined our cause because daddy knows best. Honestly it feels like pandering to some people's delusion about Magneto/Wanda being some kind of touchy and happy family. The family take just sells, so no one really cared if it makes sense for Wanda, as long as she played the part of the sad cute daughter who needs daddy's protection, hey would be satisfied in this grand family illusion.)

So personally I would like to see Agatha playing not only the mentor role but also matriach/mother figure (which is not traditionally her role) in the show if she shows up, just so people would remember there are other important people in Wanda's life, and some of then probably make better parent figures.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-25-2019 at 04:34 PM.

BANNED

Endgame spoilers:

spoilers:
    For the short amount of time she appears, Wanda kicks some serious Thanos-ass.
    end of spoilers

MCU-Wanda is still a bit of a...WINO for me (Wanda In Name Only), as the two characters are so vastly different I find it hard to reconcile them being the same character, but I still like MCU-Wanda as a separate character.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Poor Wanda, the MCU's apparent "anyone who wasn't disintegrated by the gauntlet is dead for real" rule* really hits her hard. Everybody gets their loved ones back and she's short one brother and one robot boyfriend.

But yeah, this movie is almost entirely about the original 6 Avengers and almost everyone else is basically a guest star. We'll have to wait until the Disney+ series to really find out what's up with Wanda and the other characters. But it seems like the Russo/Markus/McFeely team likes her (and doesn't care about Vision very much).

*Coulson doesn't count because Feige refuses to recognize anything that happened in the TV shows.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    spoilers:
    Poor Wanda, the MCU's apparent "anyone who wasn't disintegrated by the gauntlet is dead for real" rule* really hits her hard. Everybody gets their loved ones back and she's short one brother and one robot boyfriend.

But yeah, this movie is almost entirely about the original 6 Avengers and almost everyone else is basically a guest star. We'll have to wait until the Disney+ series to really find out what's up with Wanda and the other characters. But it seems like the Russo/Markus/McFeely team likes her (and doesn't care about Vision very much).

*Coulson doesn't count because Feige refuses to recognize anything that happened in the TV shows.
    end of spoilers
    When you realize Endgame is like a video game.
    spoilers:
    And Vision is basically a DLC character.
    end of spoilers