Page 55 of 234 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

So there's a majority of you that feel there's cinematic precedent and potential for Wanda and Vision to have teenage sons? I'm sympathetic to those that want to re-establish her as having a family and bringing comic persons to the screen, but the comic-booky mental gymnastics that would allow for that to translate to the MCU doesn't seem possible or warranted --to me.

I'd much rather seethe MCU's Scarlet Witch be given an Agatha Harkness figure, or the opportunity to be more than a beta squad powerhouse.

Any thoughts on "Wandavision"'s storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So there's a majority of you that feel there's cinematic precedent and potential for Wanda and Vision to have teenage sons? I'm sympathetic to those that want to re-establish her as having a family and bringing comic persons to the screen, but the comic-booky mental gymnastics that would allow for that to translate to the MCU doesn't seem possible or warranted --to me.

I'd much rather seethe MCU's Scarlet Witch be given an Agatha Harkness figure, or the opportunity to be more than a beta squad powerhouse.

Going from the clues it seems WandaVision is going to be about the two trying to settle down. I wouldn't be surprised if wherever they try to live is full of strange happenings they will have to deal with.

Also I don't see them having teenage children. It makes no sense, besides creating the Young Avengers it currently impossible in the MCU, since Cassie is the only one that exists and most of the others can't.

Extraordinary Member

I consider Tommy/Billy, Agatha, Chthon/Modred all to be the good stuff I want to see. YA versions are tricky though.
    Does she have to have a family, nope. I secretly picture this grim story where Wanda fought Chthon and forever slumbers in Wundagore. (Actually just for an AU story.)

I want Wanda to be special or be part of something greater, so I think WandaVision should implement their lore here, and should focus on a main storyline.
    I was thinking Pleasant Hill but created by magic, a creepy Lovecratian town maybe? Where there are few actually sane people left. (Sane people could include Holly, Glamor and Illusion, Aggie, you know, the kind neighbors)
    And Modred being the totally cool and helpful dude who is actually evil, of course.

Extraordinary Member

I consider Tommy/Billy, Agatha, Chthon/Modred all to be the good stuff I want to see. YA versions are tricky though.
    Does she have to have a family, nope. I secretly picture this grim story where Wanda fought Chthon and forever slumbers in Wundagore. (Actually just for an AU story.)

I want Wanda to be special or be part of something greater, so I think WandaVision should implement their lore here, and should focus on a main storyline.
    I was thinking Pleasant Hill but created by magic, a creepy Lovecratian town maybe? Where there are few actually sane people left. (Sane people could include Holly, Glamor and Illusion, Aggie, you know, the kind neighbors)
    And Modred being the totally cool and helpful dude who is actually evil, of course.

Incredible Member

What if Wanda just encounters two teenagers and decides to mentor them because one them has the powers and hair as her brother and another has powers similar to her.

I'd be happy if they at least just tried to recreate something similar to this moment.
    Annotation 2019-04-27 115302.jpgAnnotation 2019-04-27 115309.jpg

"Wandavision" is SUCH A STUPID NAME though. I am compelled to think it's an intentionally designed joke, like "smell-o-vision" or some other form of entertainment.

What if Wanda is approached by an MCU documentarian to "tell her story", and that documentary is titled Wandavision? If that documentarian is an outgoing, gregarious film industry guy, she's only one superhuman transformation away from getting her other big romance.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post

Maybe the two try to settle in a town, which is full of Chthon followers and they have to stop it. Which could led to a sequel where they had back to Sokovia to confront Chthon

Grace Randolph gives recognition to Wanda:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC-6oGIT2kI
    Spoilers

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

spoilers:
    THAT Wanda moment on Endgame made me fanboy sooo hard. I actually had to literally contain myself a little because the movie theater I was in had a very quiet audience, but lord knows on the inside I was just screaming ''YAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSS QUEEN SLAY HIS PURPLE ASS''! It was SO good! Probably my favorite scene from the entire movie! And I loved just how legitimately SCARY she was, specially when her eyes turned red. You could really feel the ANGER coming from her. She's definitely on a more powerful position now and I'm curious to see where the MCU takes her with that.

Her little moment with Clint was really sweet and I cried a little when she mentioned Viz. Also, there was this moment during the funeral where we see her, Bucky and Sam together. I wonder if that was a hint at the Disney+ shows coming up...
    end of spoilers

I think they COULD do the teenage children story if time travel was involved. I mean, it was even hinted in the recent Scarlet With book that time travel was involved in the original story anyway, since Billy and Tommy are older than William and Thomas Maximoff. But I'm just not sure if they would wanna mess with that so soon after Endgame, so yeah, Wanda having teenage children may be out of the picture. I do think there are other ways to adapt Wiccan and Speed in the MCU, though, and I even pitched my own headcanon a while back in the Young Avengers thread, which also ties with what I want to see done with Wanda in her series:

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Billy and Tommy are the most problematic ones indeed, but yeah, I think we're just gonna have to accept the fact that they are going to be changed in some significant ways to work in the MCU. I'm ok with that as long as they can keep the core of what makes them who they are, and that includes some sort of connection to Wanda. My biggest suggestion right now is that they could be actual biological twins who were born into the Maximoff family in Sokovia (maybe distant cousins of Wanda), were separated at birth and then adopted by two completely different american families. Assuming they are really going to make Wanda a Scarlet WITCH in her series, we could find out there is more to her origin than just ''the Infinity Stone gave her powers''. Maybe the Maximoff family has some sort of mystical lineage (like it's been explained in recent comics) that also affected Billy and Tommy. I feel like this is probably the most realistic and grounded way they can adapt Wiccan and Speed with their powers while creating a family connection to Wanda.
    I get the feeling that she might end up having children in the WandaVision series anyway, but it's gonna turn out to be the synthezoids twins. Tom King's tweet right after the announcement of the show was very fishy and it really made it seem like he had some connection to that project. I won't be surprised if the show recreates his The Vision run, only using Wanda instead of Virginia. And maybe Wanda would be the one to create the perfect family instead of Vision.

I think it’s a definite possibility for Wanda Vision to feature teenage children. Wanda’s arc has really been about finding family and understanding herself, her power and pain. With Vision it’s been about finding humanity and love and I think moving forward it will really be about what it means to be human, to be alive, or to have a soul.

From what we know it seems the show may share a backdrop similar to Visions solo and be more suburban drama and less adventure faring epic. The show will likely explore the nature of Wanda’s powers, under the guidance of a wise “neighbor,” and highlight Visions journey into regaining or understanding his humanity. The two can take in wayward souls, in the form of two teenage sokovian refugees, to help them shape their family.

I agree that they will likely borrow a lot from King’s Vision and (I know people aren’t going to like this) Wanda’s trauma and mental health - which I think makes sense with her arc within the MCU and if (a big If) done respectfully and intelligently can be made into a compelling storyline. I think people are rightfully critical and skeptical of them going down this route especially with the track record in the comics, but I think putting it to screen can do justice to a story like this and Wanda as it will truly focus on her journey and struggle and plays into their greatest strengths in the performances of their actors. Additionally a tv series allows them to sidestep the pitfalls of comic arcs in needing to be sensationalistic at the cost of character and instead give a really emotional and nuanced look into Wanda’s loss, trauma, and power. I’m guessing WandaVision will challenge the current Marvel formula and be more dark comedy and drama and while I’m cautiously optimistic, I’ll probably withhold judgement until more details start coming out (likely before they start shooting this fall).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Maybe the two try to settle in a town, which is full of Chthon followers and they have to stop it. Which could led to a sequel where they had back to Sokovia to confront Chthon
    I think maybe the plot twist should be that people who are initially hostile against them in the community are just poor souls who got trapped here. (Bound by Darkhold magic, unable to leave and stuff.) The nice guys ended up being the ones running the town and actually Chthon worshippers. (Technically Modred is also one of the forced souls, but he is your classic nice bad guy, so...)
    Agatha could be the spy in hiding.

The ending could use the Thanks Giving dinner scene from Vision and Scarlet Witch, but guests mainly consist of her kinder neighbors. (Would be nice if they get some cameos though, Clint, Sam, Bukcy would do.)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    I think it’s a definite possibility for Wanda Vision to feature teenage children. Wanda’s arc has really been about finding family and understanding herself, her power and pain. With Vision it’s been about finding humanity and love and I think moving forward it will really be about what it means to be human, to be alive, or to have a soul.

From what we know it seems the show may share a backdrop similar to Visions solo and be more suburban drama and less adventure faring epic. The show will likely explore the nature of Wanda’s powers, under the guidance of a wise “neighbor,” and highlight Visions journey into regaining or understanding his humanity. The two can take in wayward souls, in the form of two teenage sokovian refugees, to help them shape their family.

I agree that they will likely borrow a lot from King’s Vision and (I know people aren’t going to like this) Wanda’s trauma and mental health - which I think makes sense with her arc within the MCU and if (a big If) done respectfully and intelligently can be made into a compelling storyline. I think people are rightfully critical and skeptical of them going down this route especially with the track record in the comics, but I think putting it to screen can do justice to a story like this and Wanda as it will truly focus on her journey and struggle and plays into their greatest strengths in the performances of their actors. Additionally a tv series allows them to sidestep the pitfalls of comic arcs in needing to be sensationalistic at the cost of character and instead give a really emotional and nuanced look into Wanda’s loss, trauma, and power. I’m guessing WandaVision will challenge the current Marvel formula and be more dark comedy and drama and while I’m cautiously optimistic, I’ll probably withhold judgement until more details start coming out (likely before they start shooting this fall).
    If they are going to pull the mental trauma angle, make sure it's original.
    Because I will be so mad if I see Byrne or Bendis's names when they credit comic writers. Tom King is fine for me though, I just hope they don't shove too much Virginia on Wanda.
    Show her desire and yearning in a sympathetic and realistic way and let her make the right choice, instead of you know, "crazy bitch did it again" or over-the-top daddy's girl speech. I don't want to see people who like this show ends up looking for everyone-knows-what.
    Just don't lead them to the worst stuff possible to know her character.

Because I will be so mad if I see Byrne or Bendis's names when they credit comic writers. Tom King is fine for me though, I just hope they don't shove too much Virginia on Wanda.
    Show her desire and yearning in a sympathetic and realistic way and let her make the right choice, instead of you know, "crazy bitch did it again" or over-the-top daddy's girl speech. I don't want to see people who like this show ends up looking for everyone-knows-what.
    I completely agree. The key here is for Wanda to have agency - you can put her through the emotional gamut but she needs to come out the other end through her own strength and choices. Definitely take zero inspiration from Bendis. None. In a strange way it’s a blessing that Wanda isn’t mired down by her comics history - no daddy issues but with just enough history to make an emotional victory feel impactful and earned.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    I completely agree. The key here is for Wanda to have agency - you can put her through the emotional gamut but she needs to come out the other end through her own strength and choices. Definitely take zero inspiration from Bendis. None. In a strange way it’s a blessing that Wanda isn’t mired down by her comics history - no daddy issues but with just enough history to make an emotional victory feel impactful and earned.
    Yeah, kinda the reason I always prefer the cruel creator you can beat up and fight against with no remorse(Chthon) than the dad in grey-area who is sometimes sympathetic and sometimes suddenly manipulative(Magneto).
    Having a dedicated villain who serves your narrative is always a blessing. (But the sad part being Chthon is 50/50, sometimes offering a deeper lore, the other times as a cheap plot device to take Wanda out of the picture. But at the end of the day he is the heartless bastard no one rooted for.)

If i see or hear that any of Byrne's or Bendis work is an inspiration, I will not be watching.

Again people shouldn't be looking for inspiration/wanting to adapt a character's worst storylines.