Page 58 of 234 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, at least she appeared in No Road Home and Endgame and has a show in the works, which is more that a lot of other characters.
    This is true, I mean other characters don't get that even. But I want at least just one book. I want to be able to look at the solicits and not feel like well here we go, she's pulled out of books again for how long now.

But the conversation started over the claim that it's easy to forget how she was treated. When she's still kind of treated like that. And it's gonna take a long, long while to forget the last 15 years. Especially with how messed up everything was on the forums for years after M-day.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    This is true, I mean other characters don't get that even. But I want at least just one book. I want to be able to look at the solicits and not feel like well here we go, she's pulled out of books again for how long now.

But the conversation started over the claim that it's easy to forget how she was treated. When she's still kind of treated like that. And it's gonna take a long, long while to forget the last 15 years. Especially with how messed up everything was on the forums for years after M-day.
    It would be nice to see Wanda in the solicts, but comic and writer have to be right.

I'm not sure if it will ever be possible to forget the last 15 years.

I'm not sure if it will ever be possible to forget the last 15 years.
    Definitely not for a lot of us.

Extraordinary Member

Not exactly true, the editor of the UK collector editions revealed that a sales boost from any movie is roughly 3 months, no matter who the character is.
    I am saying about the editorial push actually, if you get the push before hand, you still get the push.
    For Wanda the push is short.

Extraordinary Member

Agreed and I love how Zub has written her. I just need more Wanda. I wish there were more that could write her that wanted to do that.
    It may sound unfair and mean of a fan.
    But Zub makes an okay "babysitter writer" who treat a character nice enough but unable to make major break-through. (In this case, giving Wanda another iconic and instant classic story that can be held as her new face.)
    I know, I know, those writers are hard to come by, and I don't think Marvel currently has one for Wanda.

Extraordinary Member

I think you either never know that in the first place (like most people who aren't familiar with Wanda's history and struggles over the past decade.) or know it and never forget.
    I think Relugus is more about claiming Wanda is better off these days which is not bad. Even there are people who didn't know her that well, but they hype her up anyway.
    More people paid attention to her. (Not always the way I want though, I see people's fan theory shoving all kinds of tropes on her, that's fine since that the way casual fans think for every character, tropes.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-29-2019 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think you either never know that in the first place (like most people who aren't familiar with Wanda's history and struggles over the past decade.) or know it and never forget.
    I think Relugus is more about claiming Wanda is better off these days which is not bad. Even there are people who didn't know her that well, but they hype her up anyway.
    More people paid attention to her. (Not always the way I want though, I see people's fan theory shoving all kinds of tropes on her, that's fine since that the way casual fans think for every character, tropes.)
    I just don't agree that she is. I mean general public knows of her. Because of changes will never really know her. But as far as being more successful as a character, it doesn't feel that way. Like I said before, nothing has really changed much. Outside of just more people talking about the movie version of her. The merchandise that I find is just a bit more than before. Games less than before. Comics, again, she's out of them for now. I'm glad more people know of her, but she's still in this odd popularity rut.

It may sound unfair and mean of a fan.
    But Zub makes an okay "babysitter writer" who treat a character nice enough but unable to make major break-through. (In this case, giving Wanda another iconic and instant classic story that can be held as her new face.)
    I know, I know, those writers are hard to come by, and I don't think Marvel currently has one for Wanda.
    He's also wrote her in a team setting in comics that are much less pages than they use to be. Wanda use to get chances to be fleshed out more in older comics. But now I feel like that sort of thing would only have the chance of happening if they gave her another solo.

Extraordinary Member

He's also wrote her in a team setting in comics that are much less pages than they use to be. Wanda use to get chances to be fleshed out more in older comics. But now I feel like that sort of thing would only have the chance of happening if they gave her another solo.
    Or leading an event that is actually good.(Let me have this day dream, guys. I know both her leading an event and an event being good is unlikely as hell.)

Or being a major part of a story-focused video game.
    Video Games are a place where you don't get too many limitations to recreate character lore, also enough freedom to let go of past burdens(meaning Wanda could have her lore and Avengers career without the Byrne/Bendis load), but most Marvel games aren't that story-focused like DC/Rocksteady games. (Don't know about Ultimate Alliance 3 though.)

Or leading an event that is actually good.(Let me have this day dream, guys. I know both her leading an event and an event being good is unlikely as hell.)

Or being a major part of a story-focused video game.
    Video Games are a place where you don't get too many limitations to recreate character lore, also enough freedom to let go of past burdens(meaning Wanda could have her lore and Avengers career without the Byrne/Bendis load), but most Marvel games aren't that story-focused like DC/Rocksteady games. (Don't know about Ultimate Alliance 3 though.)
    For a start, I'd love for her to at least go back home and be on main Avengers. They had teased a magic team with Strange with Wanda on it. But that didn't ever pan out. Something featuring her would be nice.

MH was pretty story focused, but it wasn't focused on your character. It had a story that you played through. They just had plenty of lines that were comics related primarily. I pre-ordered MUA 3. I'm anxious to play it. Can't wait for July!

Extraordinary Member

For a start, I'd love for her to at least go back home and be on main Avengers. They had teased a magic team with Strange with Wanda on it. But that didn't ever pan out. Something featuring her would be nice.

MH was pretty story focused, but it wasn't focused on your character. It had a story that you played through. They just had plenty of lines that were comics related primarily. I pre-ordered MUA 3. I'm anxious to play it. Can't wait for July!
    Yeah, you remind me of Damnation. I was like hey Wanda was an illusion in the story but Stephen are putting together a team and home for those less fornunate magic fellows!
    Months later, I just kinda forget, Donny Cates are just doing his Venom stuff right? (Now that you mention it, I get the same feelling about it like Avengers Project, sorry to beat the dead horse for like the trillion times. )
    And has she really been part of main Avengers since she came back in TCC, it's always UA(instead of Hickman Avengers which would be considered "main"), and later Zub UA, NS and NRH.

Not a Switch owner but I can still wait and see others' reaction to it.

Yeah, you remind me of Damnation. I was like hey Wanda was an illusion in the story but Stephen are putting together a team and home for those less fornunate magic fellows!
    Months later, I just kinda forget, Donny Cates are just doing his Venom stuff right? (Now that you mention it, I get the same feelling about it like Avengers Project, sorry to beat the dead horse for like the trillion times. )
    And has she really been part of main Avengers since she came back in TCC, it's always UA(instead of Hickman Avengers which would be considered "main"), and later Zub UA, NS and NRH.

Not a Switch owner but I can still wait and see others' reaction to it.
    Yeah he's on Venom. It's too bad, because the team looked very interesting. Wanda hasn't been back on the main book unfortunately. I don't know what is up with that.

Not if Aaron writing the Avengers. I prefer Wanda to be on side team which she could lead like the Uncanny Avengers (but done right)

Not if Aaron writing the Avengers. I prefer Wanda to be on side team which she could lead like the Uncanny Avengers (but done right)
    Luckily for us, Marvel relaunches very frequently.
    So we likely won't have long for change in writers. She was in his Thor a couple times, but I think both were non-speaking appearances. I'm not enthused by what I read about his Jen though. I don't prefer her on side teams. It feels like she's never gotten her pre-Disassembled/HoM status restored. Like they have to keep her off to the side, like a pariah.

Luckily for us, Marvel relaunches very frequently.
    So we likely won't have long for change in writers. She was in his Thor a couple times, but I think both were non-speaking appearances. I'm not enthused by what I read about his Jen though. I don't prefer her on side teams. It feels like she's never gotten her pre-Disassembled/HoM status restored. Like they have to keep her off to the side, like a pariah.
    While it would be nice to see Wanda back on the main team, she would probably be overshadowed by the likes of Cap, Iron Man, Carol and others. At least leading a Side team she would be able to shine.