Page 60 of 234 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it could be solved by not having her so exclusive. Other characters get to be everywhere. Wanda only one book. Since there are limited pages these days, they have to do more with less. But there are solutions to that. Her development has been very limited to stagnant since she came back.
    Yeah, there is kinda this awkward thing going on with Wanda since the parts that makes her characters end up being rather "exclusive".
    Avengers became this "exclusive to A-Listers" place, at least the main team.
    Mystical side is like "Dr.Strange is already enough", so no magic team book or anything.
    And there are also X-books, did anyone want that? I don't know much about the current status of X-franchise but even actual X-characters kinda struggle.
    And another solo book is like a day dream.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I sometimes wonder if that's one reason she doesn't get used a lot for teams. I don't know exactly why, but Wanda is one of those characters who makes stories all about her, whether they're supposed to be or not. Look at how Uncanny Avengers revolved around her until she was "killed off," or how she dominated the first two years of the Busiek/Pérez Avengers. There's something about her that makes writers have to work to keep her from taking over (like in the Kang Dynasty story she spent most of it in a Kang POW camp and in "Celestial Madonna" she was absent for a lot of it because she was in her room studying witchcraft with Agatha Harkness).

Yes, this is my biggest issue with the way she's been treated since she came back. Bendis let her have a nice moment with Carol at the beginning of Avengers vs. X-Men, but they have not met or talked since then, and there's been no attempt to show where her relationships stand with any character who isn't totally linked to her the way Vision and Pietro are. What does Tony feel about her? She-Hulk? Wanda's barely even gotten to talk to Jan and they were on the same Uncanny Avengers team for years.
    Either the writer just like her or see her as the perfect character to stir up drama.
    There are also counter example when she is just background furniture, as seen in the last decade more often than not.

And I think Kang Dynasty was meant to focus on Carol anyway? And putting Wanda on a camp didn't really have to do with her focus-inviting nature I think.

About her relationships, probably because her relationships/friendships aren't really spicy for writers/readers' taste.
    I have mentioned some new fans may indulge in sweet Magneto/Wanda daddy/daughter family love that doesn't really exist. But they make up with their imagination.

Wanda's relationships with her fellow Avengers are mostly just plain good old friendships. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing juicy in someone's eyes.
    Also part of the reason may also have to do with those characters in question. When they redefine Carol's characrter and place in MU, I think they kinda want to draw a line in who qualify as her friends, the Jessicas of course, and a few others.

Edit:I mean MU, typed MCU for some reason.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 04-30-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I think part of the problem is that a lot of writers seem to treat Wanda for as a source of drama and conflict than an actual character. She either can't get a word in (Busiek's run) or someone has a grudge against her (Uncanny).

She does need better interaction,her stuff with Jan in UA was great and the scenes with Hawkeye in No Road Home were good. But what about her best friend Carol or ones like Steve and Tony. Is part of the reason she isn't on the main team because they don't trust her...
    Which is why I really want her to communicate with people she was friends with and did have meaningful connections with. We don't know how Steve, Carol or Tony feels about her. Tony didn't seem to have a problem with her in AvX. Cap in UA. I don't think they feel that way about her at all. They have known Wanda for a long time. I think it is like we said that most writers don't want to write her. And that's what I hope changes.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

I think part of the problem is that a lot of writers seem to treat Wanda for as a source of drama and conflict than an actual character. She either can't get a word in (Busiek's run) or someone has a grudge against her (Uncanny).

She does need better interaction,her stuff with Jan in UA was great and the scenes with Hawkeye in No Road Home were good. But what about her best friend Carol or ones like Steve and Tony. Is part of the reason she isn't on the main team because they don't trust her...
    Steve clearly said he trust her back in Remender's UA.
    (They don't even let them interact after SE right? Cap went to Rogue at the end of NS.)
    I kinda like how Jurgens just let Thor flatter Wanda in his run, what Thor said wasn't entirely accurate (like no one knows about magic better than the Scarlet Witch or something), but I like how Thor just knew he can depend on her.
    Kinda miss the ways Avengers greet he. Clint just called her witchie, Herc/Thor used "Lady Wanda", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Which is why I really want her to communicate with people she was friends with and did have meaningful connections with. We don't know how Steve, Carol or Tony feels about her. Tony didn't seem to have a problem with her in AvX. Cap in UA. I don't think they feel that way about her at all. They have known Wanda for a long time. I think it is like we said that most writers don't want to write her. And that's what I hope changes.
    Wanda needs to have another Thanksgiving dinner and invite everyone over.

Extraordinary Member

Wanda needs to have another Thanksgiving dinner and invite everyone over.
    Well, at least that could show us where she lives now (since she mentioned moving together with Jericho and something) and maybe some actual development with Jericho as well. (I want to like Wanda's "new ship", and there is nothing wrong with Jericho/Wanda, but they barely share comic pages at all, Monica gets to interact with Blue Marvel after NRH for example.)

A Force Team Selfie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    A Force Team Selfie
    It's from IW set right? Judging from Lizzie Olsen's scar.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Well, at least that could show us where she lives now (since she mentioned moving together with Jericho and something) and maybe some actual development with Jericho as well. (I want to like Wanda's "new ship", and there is nothing wrong with Jericho/Wanda, but they barely share comic pages at all, Monica gets to interact with Blue Marvel after NRH for example.)
    Yeah, a housewarming party, though I wonder what was wrong with her Penthouse?

i wonder if movie-Janet Van Dyne has powers like movie-Wanda. or, at the very least, if their powers are related. Wanda seems to harness the energies that come from within that realm (as opposed to magic).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Those misty eyes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i wonder if movie-Janet Van Dyne has powers like movie-Wanda. or, at the very least, if their powers are related. Wanda seems to harness the energies that come from within that realm (as opposed to magic).
    I don't really see much of the similarity between them to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Nope, Wanda's power come from the Mind Stone, Janet's come from the Quantum Realm, so technically Janet's powers would be closer to The Eye of Agamotto

According to THR, Elizabeth Olsen negotiated a separate TV contract for her streaming solo, and she still has space on her movie contract for more movies.