Page 65 of 234 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I see, still kinda flattered that Wanda got the first page, haha.
    Yes! It's still something very good for her. And the roster looks good so far, with more said to come.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I hope Wanda has a more classic alternate costume too. I love the aesthetics of this game and would love to run around with Wanda in her red bodice and pink body stocking.

BANNED

I dont get why she has to be so damn covered up...she's not some 50 yr old bore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    I dont get why she has to be so damn covered up...she's not some 50 yr old bore.
    She is basically wearing her Wada costume if you are asking about the game.
    Also she is also not doing pin-up, so that's fine by me.

I think they are talking about the movie costumes? In that case that discussion is about what works in real life. Which isn't what has been in comics. Because a butt-load of those costumes are unrealistic and uncomfortable in real life. Plus, a lot of them looking pretty dated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think they are talking about the movie costumes? In that case that discussion is about what works in real life. Which isn't what has been in comics. Because a butt-load of those costumes are unrealistic and uncomfortable in real life. Plus, a lot of them looking pretty dated.
    I think the live-action costumes are lacking in color scheme in general, which makes them bland with most lighting.
    Yeah, even for comics, I don't necessarily care for certain costumes, they are fine "Pin-up" costumes that still work wonderfully in covers or fanarts, but in the context of the story it feels kinda dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Exactly movie costumes have to factor in how they will look and move on the Big Screen and the wearer's comfort

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Exactly movie costumes have to factor in how they will look and move on the Big Screen and the wearer's comfort
    I was thinking about this a lot since yesterday and I also think it simply has to do with the popularity of the character and how iconic that costume is. I don't think comfort is necessarily taken into account with costumes like Batman for example. Of course the actor shouldn't be absolutely miserable, but there is only so much freedom that can be given to the Batsuit.

You have to strike the golden middle between comfort and incorporating enough of the iconic elements to make the character recognizable.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 05-08-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I was thinking about this a lot since yesterday and I also think it simply has to do with the popularity of the character and how iconic that costume is. I don't think comfort is necessarily taken into account with costumes like Batman for example. Of course the actor shouldn't be absolutely miserable, but there is only so much freedom that can be given to the Batsuit.

You have to strike the golden middle between comfort and incorporating enough of the iconic elements to make the character recognizable.
    Well the Batsuits from the Dark Knight onwards were designed with the actors comfort in mind. Also the actors do have to be comfortable with actually wearing it, hence the lack of ladies wanting to run around in Star Spangled Panties.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well the Batsuits from the Dark Knight onwards were designed with the actors comfort in mind. Also the actors do have to be comfortable with actually wearing it, hence the lack of ladies wanting to run around in Star Spangled Panties.
    Ben Affleck couldn't even turn his head properly in the cowl and Paul Bettany has gone on record to say that his sweat puddles in his suit and feels extremely claustrophobic. And there are plenty of other actors that have gone on record to say that their superhero costumes were uncomfortable: Chris Evans, Jessica Alba, Kate Mara and the list goes on.

Of course comfort is taken into consideration but until new materials or new costuming methods are created, actors know what they are getting themselves into. Actors should be treated fairly and not subjected to any and all conditions as they are still people and should be treated as such, but if you get hired as Batman you know you will most likely have to wear the costume.

Gal and Wonder Woman are a good example because they intentionally made her costume look more armoured and replaced the panties with a greek/roman skirt reminiscent of gladiators and ancient warriors. It was a stylistic choice that represents the character and her heritige while staying true to her comic book counterpart. The costume was adjusted but the iconography is undeniably recognizable as Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 05-08-2019 at 01:37 AM.

BANNED

When she was going HOT, she showed more. You know exactly what I'm talking about...Force Works and her main Avengers run..you could see stomach, legs...she had a great pretty girl look.

I think the live-action costumes are lacking in color scheme in general, which makes them bland with most lighting.
    Yeah, even for comics, I don't necessarily care for certain costumes, they are fine "Pin-up" costumes that still work wonderfully in covers or fanarts, but in the context of the story it feels kinda dumb.
    The colors are one thing. But what they have to consider in live action, that they don't in comics, is movement. People are moving in these. Not just the actress but the stunt doubles. They have to work with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    When she was going HOT, she showed more. You know exactly what I'm talking about...Force Works and her main Avengers run..you could see stomach, legs...she had a great pretty girl look.
    You are on the net. You can search for hot women if you really need that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Ben Affleck couldn't even turn his head properly in the cowl and Paul Bettany has gone on record to say that his sweat puddles in his suit and feels extremely claustrophobic. And there are plenty of other actors that have gone on record to say that their superhero costumes were uncomfortable: Chris Evans, Jessica Alba, Kate Mara and the list goes on.

Of course comfort is taken into consideration but until new materials or new costuming methods are created, actors know what they are getting themselves into. Actors should be treated fairly and not subjected to any and all conditions as they are still people and should be treated as such, but if you get hired as Batman you know you will most likely have to wear the costume.

Gal and Wonder Woman are a good example because they intentionally made her costume look more armoured and replaced the panties with a greek/roman skirt reminiscent of gladiators and ancient warriors. It was a stylistic choice that represents the character and her heritige while staying true to her comic book counterpart. The costume was adjusted but the iconography is undeniably recognizable as Wonder Woman.
    I think they know what they are in for for that time, but they make different forms of costumes for different scenes. But still studios should aim for something that isn't gonna give someone a stiff neck. Hopefully they develop something that doesn't make playing Batman so terrible.

Extraordinary Member

Again, I think there are plenty of comic costumes that can be modified into stlylish and comfortable outfits for the actress.
    CW/IW/EG costume gives me more of a lazy design vibe to be honest.