Page 83 of 234 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Would it be considered too optimistic to just assume the Reality Warping stuff would be more like harmless and well-defined Busiek ones?
    I wouldn't mind they show her tap into Mystical links and sources, plug and unplug them.
    I think the Dodo coming back has a better chance, than Wanda getting RW powers and it not being HOM.

I would want something like taking down Morgan Le Fay/Challenger, though it looks more like an charged energy attack than Reality Warping.
    That wasn't reality warping that was more like Energy Manipulation, channelling her friends energy into a super attack

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    That wasn't reality warping that was more like Energy Manipulation, channelling her friends energy into a super attack
    She was making Simon stronger, a form of RW in that case. Also she was also buffing up her teammates when she was doing the spell.
    It's not obvious RW, but it follows the same pattern of Chaos Magic in general. Deploying energy to achieve a certain goal, even when the goal is kinda just another gigantic energy blast.

It was confirmed that was using the twilight sword and not her powers. But, it excels over the other examples by giving her actual story and narrative. So she was a little more than a powerful lamp.

I don't mind the power ups, as long as they keep it limited. Her limitation is she has to be tapping into something else. And that they give her story. We need more Wanda story. Probably about 15 more years of it before she's there just for her powers. Because a detox is in order.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, when she should have been a classic member, sadly other media just use MCU OG6 as the face of Avengers nowadays.(I am rather pissed at the rumor of Avengers Project pulling another "OG6" and Infinity Stones on us, a franchise so narrowly defined.)
    I actually wouldn't mind they explore Stephen/Wanda relationship from a sibling angle since MCU Wanda lost Pietro and there was a cut scene about Donna Strange.(Stephen's dead sister).

But since WandaVision is in work, I would prefer Agatha to be the one telling Wanda about her potential and her origin and stuff, I mean, that's basically her job in comics.
    Doctor Strange 2 is likely to be released earlier than WandaVision though, even earlier than Falcon and Winter Soldier, her appearing in DS2 or not would affect the script I think.
    If we are talking about WandaVision show, Stephen won't serve too much of a purpose since his role can be filled by others.
    I would like a Wanda well aware of her own nature interact with Stephen, would be more interesting that way, like when Wanda casually tells him she was marked by Chthon or something.
    I'd prefer Agatha too. Strange was an option before they got back F4 rights, but Wanda should have her own support characters now.

She doesn't have to stay with her psychic powers but they should be her base set and any powers should evolve naturally from that.
    No they shouldn't. I think the only reason they were before, is because Whedon didn't know much about her. Leave that up to Jean. Keep Wanda unique.

1.To be specific, the whole idea of Wanda being able to warp reality randomly and without any pre-conditions was by Bendis. I don't mind Wanda with Reality Warping power, I am just sad that House of M has to be the prime example of that instead of better works with much more thought put into it.
    2. I think the idea of Chaos Magic is her always having the potential to do that given enough energy. It's like an incredibly powerful engine, but you still need to fuel it.
    3.Wanda's the only probability manipulator that do it in a very active way right? Domino, for example is rather passive.

4.There is a cut scene with Vision saying her power being able to affect reality, also her MCU powers aren't really classic TK and TP.
    It's more like energy manipulation, and also very similar to how Ancient One grabbed Hulk's body and Stephen controlled the flood(there is faint orange energy on Hulk/Flood.) She she can do direct energy blasts.
    It's a form of indirect "TK" through visible energy trace unlike classic TK Jean Grey or MCU Ebony Maw did.

The problem is never really about reality warping, it's the lack of thought for the power system/structure(the rules and limitatons) and her own character.
    I see Chaos Magic as a prime example of making her character and power-set more unified and interesting
    Fueling is a good way to put it. Because I think tapping into those other sources to do stuff was basically that.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-26-2019 at 09:42 AM.

I think the Dodo coming back has a better chance, than Wanda getting RW powers and it not being HOM.
    I agree with this, because people are obsessed with feats, and her bringing in the mutants and all that. And while it is flashy, we know what it did for her as a character. 7 years of removal from comics, followed up by unsatisfactory events and treatment. Before years later, finally getting a book of her own. I don't want the character being defined by that in the movies too. It'd kill any use of her even further.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It was confirmed that was using the twilight sword and not her powers. But, it excels over the other examples by giving her actual story and narrative. So she was a little more than a powerful lamp.

I don't mind the power ups, as long as they keep it limited. Her limitation is she has to be tapping into something else. And that they give her story. We need more Wanda story. Probably about 15 more years of it before she's there just for her powers. Because a detox is in order.
    Yeah, she is like this incredbly powerful magic engine given that you feed her with enough fuel.
    Small scale reality warping and probability manipulation aren't that different really. Even MCU Stephen can do that.(Making the black hole a bunch of butterflies.)
    Also Wanda's knowledge was always kinda told to her by Agatha. So I think she should be a mystical explorer and scholar herself, like venturing into Chthon's realm.(Give her some stealth mode), discover secrets buried deep and stuff. Kinda like what Ian McNee did in Mystic Arcana.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-26-2019 at 09:48 AM.

She was making Simon stronger, a form of RW in that case. Also she was also buffing up her teammates when she was doing the spell.
    It's not obvious RW, but it follows the same pattern of Chaos Magic in general. Deploying energy to achieve a certain goal, even when the goal is kinda just another gigantic energy blast.
    That's energy manipulation, not reality warping. Reality warping would have required reality to be changed which is wasn't. Simon was a being of ionic energy, she manipulated her teammates energy to power Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    D7bzUmsWkAIYvTU.jpg
    A closeup

No they shouldn't. I think the only reason they were before, is because Whedon didn't know much about her. Leave that up to Jean. Keep Wanda unique.
    Changing her powers instantly to a more familiar powerset would be awful storytelling. Her familiar powerset has to evolve from what she has.

Changing her powers instantly to a more familiar powerset would be awful storytelling. Her familiar powerset has to evolve from what she has.
    They already did that though. They stopped using her powers from AoU. Because the Russos did know a bit about her. They just did like comics use to do and did many times. Change things without saying anything. It just disappeared. Along with the nightmare type powers. Those just felt like Jean mixed with Dani Moonstar anyway.

I agree with this, because people are obsessed with feats, and her bringing in the mutants and all that. And while it is flashy, we know what it did for her as a character. 7 years of removal from comics, followed up by unsatisfactory events and treatment. Before years later, finally getting a book of her own. I don't want the character being defined by that in the movies too. It'd kill any use of her even further.
    Yeah, last thing we need is all the good work done by the MCU to Wanda to be wrecked. If she goes Dissasembled/HOM in the movies, no-one will ever want to touch her again