Page 85 of 234 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I just want the nightmare and reading minds thing to stay gone. That was never her's, and she deserves to be herself. Not whatever characters Whedon was associating with her.
    I don't think Whedon was trying to associate her with anyone, he was trying to make her powers easier for the public to understand, since magic hadn't been introduced properly yet

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Given the amount of mystic threats heroes face, I'm surprised there is/wasn't a magic teacher at AA or the X-Mansion.
    Magic is always kinda just an unknown territory to civillians and hero community.
    I mean, people in MU hate mutants so much that religious fanatics call them demons when there are actual demonic spawns running around on Earth.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the general public still getting more pissed at Wanda for being a mutant(Pre-Retcon) than being a real-deal dark Elder God spawn if she ever feels like to address that to public.

I don't think Whedon was trying to associate her with anyone, he was trying to make her powers easier for the public to understand, since magic hadn't been introduced properly yet
    But that'd be a weak excuse because both require a level of imagination on some sort. Reading minds and giving people day dreams or nightmares, isn't exactly a realistic ability. I think he wanted to use Jean or his association was more with the X-Men, and he wasn't able to do that. Because his Wanda was not her. And there were better ways of doing it. Even just having it be energy projections would be no more complicated than what he did.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

No she wasn't, she has always needed an outside power source such as the Twilight Sword/Norn Stone or the Life Force to change reality. Think of Wanda as an engine, you give her the natural mystical energies around her and she can do her regular powers/abilities, the same if you put standard petrol in a car. You give her an outside power source, like the Twlight Sword or the Life Force and all of a sudden you are throwing Nitromethane into the engine.
    I brought up the engine first, also the point is that Wanda can do that with enough power, it's always a potential option for her.
    The point is that she as an engine can put those large amount of energy to RW use when others can't.
    It's the super tough kind of engine that can endure irregular fuels and overperform.
    For others, they don't even have an engine to use the fuel or their engine will kinda melt down.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Magic is always kinda just an unknown territory to civillians and hero community.
    I mean, people in MU hate mutants so much that religious fanatics call them demons when there are actual demonic spawns running around on Earth.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the general public still getting more pissed at Wanda for being a mutant(Pre-Retcon) than being a real-deal dark Elder God spawn if she ever feels like to address that to public.
    Unknown to the public yes, to the hero community no.
    Given the amount of mystical heroes around, it is surpising there isn't anyone teaching the next-gen about magic

Extraordinary Member

If she goes all Disassembled/HOM she won't be fondly remembered
    Yeah, I think we all know that.

I brought up the engine first, also the point is that Wanda can do that with enough power, it's always a potential option for her.
    The point is that she as an engine can put those large amount of energy to RW use when others can't.
    It's the super tough kind of engine that can endure irregular fuels and overperform.
    For others, they don't even have an engine to use the fuel or their engine will kinda melt down.
    That's what I said, you give Wanda her regular fuel and she will do her regular powers, you give her a super fuel and she can do a lot more. It's not the engine it's the fuel.

Extraordinary Member

Unknown to the public yes, to the hero community no.
    Given the amount of mystical heroes around, it is surpising there isn't anyone teaching the next-gen about magic
    Unknown as in they don't treat it like regular knowledge that is freely spread, which is kinda the point of magic and mystical narrative.

Extraordinary Member

That's what I said, you give Wanda her regular fuel and she will do her regular powers, you give her a super fuel and she can do a lot more. It's not the engine it's the fuel.
    The engine kinda still matter, others may not be able to pull the same stuff given the Twilight Sword.
    I mean, "the engine" is the core of her power and what should make her unique.
    Also I don't see it as "regular fuel" and "super fuel", more like small amount and huge amount, it's not the type, just the sheer amount.
    Twilight Sword, Life Force, Simon's ionic energy are nothing alike, but they are all sufficient in quantity.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-26-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Unknown as in they don't treat it like regular knowledge that is freely spread, which is kinda the point of magic and mystical narrative.
    Still they know about it enough to get someone who knows.
    Even classes on the various mystical entities would be a big help (So you don't start making deals with Mephisto)

Even classes on the various mystical entities would be a big help (So you don't start making deals with Mephisto)
    Spidey should obviously learn magic then.

spider_man_sorcerer_supreme_by_strangeironheart_dcwqdgv-pre.jpg
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-26-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Now I want a class from Wanda/Thor/Stephen/Namor about "A brief history of Earth Gods/Demons".
    Every class features a guest Thor grabs from some pantheon, and continue to explain how they are related through Gaea.
    And Wanda takes people on a class trip to Wundagore, also warn them about why they should not have babies on those weird locations.
    Also Stephen lowkey tells the students what gods are bunch of assholes but harmless.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 05-26-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Now I want a class from Wanda/Thor/Stephen/Namor about "A brief history of Earth Gods".
    Every class features a guest Thor grabs from some pantheon.
    And Wanda takes people on a class trip to Wundagore.
    Also Stephen lowkey tells the students what gods are bunch of assholes but harmless.
    I often forget that Chthon is technically Thor's uncle. Since he is the brother of Gaea. Thor's real mother. I wonder what his perspective is on that. I'm sure he's not fond of the fact that his uncle is a world destroying demon that had to be put away to keep the world safe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I often forget that Chthon is technically Thor's uncle. Since he is the brother of Gaea. Thor's real mother. I wonder what his perspective is on that. I'm sure he's not fond of the fact that his uncle is a world destroying demon that had to be put away to keep the world safe.
    Yeah, there is also the fact his uncle Set is yet another giant snake monster, just like his uncle from father's side and nephew. I think he would find it pretty normal or even refreshing that he doesn't have another serpentine dude for family. Chthon is your classy Lovecraftian cloaked dude.

Extraordinary Member

I’m 90% sure Whedon gave her the mind control power because the plot needed the Avengers to have bad visions. That’s how powers work when they’re as poorly defined in the comics as Wanda’s. Writers start with a goal and define her abilities backwards from that.

Her abilities under the Russos were just very strong TK and I was fine with that. It’s close enough to most of what probability manipulation does.