Page 87 of 234 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I was wondering if Wanda fans would feel differently about HoM and Disassembled if Wanda had been given a proper chance for redemption in Young Avengers: The Children's Crusade? She gave Rictor his powers back and was planning to do the same for many more mutants until the X-Men and ultimately Doom inteferred.

Had she been allowed to go around and restore the powers and thusly the lives of more mutants and she been given the chance then and there to show more remorse, would the aforementioned events be seen differently? Because to me, it seems like the main problem with those stories is that fans feel like she was merely a pawn in an editorial mandate rather than having an arc. Giving her a chance at redemption would make this a full-fledged arc in my opinion.
    It wouldn't matter if she got the greatest redemption arc in literature, Disassembled/HOM were both terrible stories that shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Ultimate Member

Also continuity had to be ignored repeatedly just to try and make them work.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I was wondering if Wanda fans would feel differently about HoM and Disassembled if Wanda had been given a proper chance for redemption in Young Avengers: The Children's Crusade? She gave Rictor his powers back and was planning to do the same for many more mutants until the X-Men and ultimately Doom inteferred.

Had she been allowed to go around and restore the powers and thusly the lives of more mutants and she been given the chance then and there to show more remorse, would the aforementioned events be seen differently? Because to me, it seems like the main problem with those stories is that fans feel like she was merely a pawn in an editorial mandate rather than having an arc. Giving her a chance at redemption would make this a full-fledged arc in my opinion.
    She did get a redemption. I mean, if a character who has been a murderer does his best to become good, do we not consider them as redeemed because they didn't resurrect the people that they killed? It doesn't make sense to me. That said, yeah, I wish they would have let her completely undo No More Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also continuity had to be ignored repeatedly just to try and make them work.
    Even the marvel Handbook couldn't explain the mess Bendis made

I hope we get the full, real synopsis of the show soon. So the rumors can stop flying.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I hope we get the full, real synopsis of the show soon. So the rumors can stop flying.
    Same here. Though I won't be surprised if we don't get anything concrete until SDCC

I'm even expecting them to hold off until D-23, but we'll see what happens. Has Marvel Studios announced presence at SDCC yet? I know they skipped last year.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

I beg to differ.

I think this rumors keep more people talking than a synopsis would. That’s the definition of viral marketing, if I am not mistaking. Wouldn’t be surprised if MARVEL spread those rumors. And I think this talking is what can make people stay interested, who are just starting to recognize her. Especially considering that she has currently no presence in the comics and no upcoming movie so far gave even the slightest hint of including her.

Nevertheless, I am annoyed of all this talk of expecting her to bring the Mutants to the MCU. Its almost as if people are demanding from her to bring on the Mutants. I don’t think that is in her job-description as an Avenger.

tumblr_ps4xkiPYiX1u6ad1zo2_540.jpg
    Wanda as Han Solo and The Vision as Slave Leia.
    A picture by ScarletWxanda

Elizabeth was at a wedding over the weekend, and her hair is dark.
    D7nLnIaXYAIx_Aj.jpg

I hope her hair goes dark again for the streaming show.

Wanda with roses in her hair
    D7e0C8FX4AIvz6M.jpg
    yamisnuffles on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Elizabeth was at a wedding over the weekend, and her hair is dark.
    D7nLnIaXYAIx_Aj.jpg

I hope her hair goes dark again for the streaming show.
    It should since it seemed like she was wearing the orange hair to hide her identity early in IW.

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    I beg to differ.

I think this rumors keep more people talking than a synopsis would. That’s the definition of viral marketing, if I am not mistaking. Wouldn’t be surprised if MARVEL spread those rumors. And I think this talking is what can make people stay interested, who are just starting to recognize her. Especially considering that she has currently no presence in the comics and no upcoming movie so far gave even the slightest hint of including her.

Nevertheless, I am annoyed of all this talk of expecting her to bring the Mutants to the MCU. Its almost as if people are demanding from her to bring on the Mutants. I don’t think that is in her job-description as an Avenger.
    It keeps attention on it for sure. But I really want to know what's in the show. But I feel that won't happen until July or August.

Extraordinary Member

The production cycle of those Disney+ shows are more similar to movies than shows.
    So it would probably take much longer to get actual news.
    I am most excited for casting news though, Wanda and Vision's supporting cast do have clear features and thus easier to guess.

Extraordinary Member

It keeps attention on it for sure. But I really want to know what's in the show. But I feel that won't happen until July or August.
    Yup, hype is nice and all, but I hope it won't direct the expectation the wrong way.