Page 95 of 234 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I honestly hope it just gets narrowed down to chaos magic + witchcraft eventually. But it seems like most of the time they don't bother to define it anymore. I'd like it kept as simple as possible though. Not go too crazy. Whatever they do, I hope they just stick with something. It changing so much has got to be confusing to new readers or new fans in general.
    This is mostly for history explanation purpose for someone who is curious about the transition of her powers.
    There are some misconcepts about her power and it's more accurate to discuss it within a specific time context.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    This is mostly for history explanation purpose for someone who is curious about the transition of her powers.
    There are some misconcepts about her power and it's more accurate to discuss it within a specific time context.
    For history, the time table definitely works. Since most of the misconceptions come from people not being able to read everything she's been in. And everything changing over the years.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

tumblr_lvlwu05OSK1qipjxio1_1280.jpg
    Some hauntingly beautiful Art from Tumblr

For history, the time table definitely works. Since most of the misconceptions come from people not being able to read everything she's been in. And everything changing over the years.
    That's true.

I honestly hope it just gets narrowed down to chaos magic + witchcraft eventually. But it seems like most of the time they don't bother to define it anymore. I'd like it kept as simple as possible though. Not go too crazy. Whatever they do, I hope they just stick with something. It changing so much has got to be confusing to new readers or new fans in general.
    It's confusing for fans of Wanda let alone newcomers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It's confusing for fans of Wanda let alone newcomers
    I usually just use the Busiek version whenever new fans feel interested.
    I did stress a lot that she is an actual magic user ever since 1974 instead of a mutant/mutate whose power is magic-like some people on Twitter/Reddit may believe.(Which is seen a lot when people started to compare Wanda with Stephen Strange, many just claim that she didn't practice actual magic in comics as well.)
    I feel strongly about people acknowledging her important historical impact as an Avenger and the unique traits as a magic user.
    So Busiek era is usually my default recommendation and source of explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I usually just use the Busiek version whenever new fans feel interested.
    I did stress a lot that she is an actual magic user ever since 1974 instead of a mutant/mutate whose power is magic-like some people on Twitter/Reddit may believe.(Which is seen a lot when people started to compare Wanda with Stephen Strange, many just claim that she didn't practice actual magic in comics as well.)
    I feel strongly about people acknowledging her important historical impact as an Avenger and the unique traits as a magic user.
    So Busiek era is usually my default recommendation and source of explanation.
    I just go with mystically enhanced mutant

I just go with mystically enhanced mutant
    That becomes confusing though when people find out that's been retconned. New Wanda fans need armed with cliff notes from the start.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

That becomes confusing though when people find out that's been retconned. New Wanda fans need armed with cliff notes from the start.
    That sounds awfully tiring for new comers. But if it helps.
    Anyway I don't really have that much expectation, more people liking her is already a good sign and enough, though I would prefer people who like her diving deeper into the character, and also, maybe less "HoM Hype" would be nice.
    And hopefully some of her growing popularity can transform into actual resources she receive in medias.

That's my head canon. Though it is probably just easier to say she has magical powers

Game of Thrones + MCU Avengers Scarlet Witch = House of M Scarlet Witch
    D8T7Dc5UYAE0Hrc.jpg
    D8T7E6-V4AAN6NF.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Game of Thrones + MCU Avengers Scarlet Witch = House of M Scarlet Witch
    D8T7Dc5UYAE0Hrc.jpg
    D8T7E6-V4AAN6NF.jpg
    GoT Season 8 Daenarys is handled basically like HoM Wanda.
    Also gonna give credit to the costume department of GoT, this is an actual royal outfit, more royal than whatever rug Wanda was wearing in HoM comics.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

That's my head canon. Though it is probably just easier to say she has magical powers
    Yeah, I still think of Wanda as a magical mutant, too. No amount of retconning is going to change that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Yeah, I still think of Wanda as a magical mutant, too. No amount of retconning is going to change that.
    Yeah, but it's important to note that the magic and mutant part came from different sources.
    Some people interpret that as "mutant power that is like magic" and thinks she cannot do actual magic.

Extraordinary Member

Do you guys think Wanda will show up in “No Compromise, No Mercy”? Sounds awfully like some kind of follow up to No Surrender and No Road Home.
    So glad Wiccan gets to show up, would be cool if Wanda gets to continue her journey as well and also has her rare interaction with Billy.