Page 97 of 234 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 3507
    Extraordinary Member

Speaking of fanarts, I really got this conflicted feelings about people drawn into liking Wanda fandom by some cute Magnus family fanarts.
    I don't mind Scarlet Witch/Vision romance fanarts or Wanda with other Avengers etc. Drawing them as cute and lovely reflects more or less what their actual relationships are(or at least were).
    The same can't be said for Magneto, and those fanarts may lead to new fans picturing them as something they are not.
    And let's say I have seen too many "Magento is her dad, Magneto is famous, story potential ahead!" "No wonder she is powerful because she is Magneto's daughter", etc.
    Well, I wish other characters get to mentioned more.

If Marvel ever does a full reboot or some separated comic AU like Ultimate Universe. Just make Wanda an orphan from Wundagoer or something, and let her be defined by the heroes she worked with and the villains she fought against, not someone with dubious allegiance and overwhelming presence.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    If I remember correctly, he was hunting down those whose ancestors wronged his?
    Is that the same case for Wanda?
    No, Wanda ruined his plans and he declared himself her arch-enemy.

Speaking of fanarts, I really got this conflicted feelings about people drawn into liking Wanda fandom by some cute Magnus family fanarts.
    I don't mind Scarlet Witch/Vision romance fanarts or Wanda with other Avengers etc. Drawing them as cute and lovely reflects more or less what their actual relationships are(or at least were).
    The same can't be said for Magneto, and those fanarts may lead to new fans picturing them as something they are not.
    And let's say I have seen too many "Magento is her dad, Magneto is famous, story potential ahead!" "No wonder she is powerful because she is Magneto's daughter", etc.
    Well, I wish other characters get to mentioned more.

If Marvel ever does a full reboot or some separated comic AU like Ultimate Universe. Just make Wanda an orphan from Wundagoer or something, and let her be defined by the heroes she worked with and the villains she fought against, not someone with dubious allegiance and overwhelming presence.
    Maybe in some AU there is a version of the Magnus family where Magneto raised and loved his kids.

Fanart, like fanfiction, is often wish fullfillment. The "Magnus clan" isn't a happy family with lovely relationships, but people who like a bunch of the characters like to imagine scenarios in which they are. If people who don't know anything about the actual comics assume things based on it, that's their own fault.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Fanart, like fanfiction, is often wish fullfillment. The "Magnus clan" isn't a happy family with lovely relationships, but people who like a bunch of the characters like to imagine scenarios in which they are. If people who don't know anything about the actual comics assume things based on it, that's their own fault.
    There are people who get those as their first impressions and use that default perspective even if they actually start to read comics.
    And there are people who deliberately who pulls misleading panels to create that kind of confusion.(Though it happens with all kinds of characters.)
    I don't blame fanartists, but it's not a pleasant phenomenon to say the least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Maybe in some AU there is a version of the Magnus family where Magneto raised and loved his kids.
    I have thought of all the possibilities of Wanda's origin on Wundagore.
    1.Robert Frank didn't run away and took the twins to the US. And they end up being seconf generation superheroes.
    2.HE's base was raided by Chthon's servants right after he marked Wanda, and Wanda was raised by Modred or other Chthon cultists, separated from Pietro and knew her Elderitch nature from a young age.
    3.Magda took the twins with her and managed to survive and live a life hiding from Magento with HE's help.
    4.Magento isn't his 60s self and more of a tolerable and sympathetic villain/anti-hero. So Wanda and Pietro stayed with him.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-10-2019 at 01:34 AM.

I have thought of all the possibilities of Wanda's origin on Wundagore.
    1.Robert Frank didn't run away and took the twins to the US. And they end up being seconf generation superheroes.
    2.HE's base was raided by Chthon's servants right after he marked Wanda, and Wanda was raised by Modred or other Chthon cultists, separated from Pietro and knew her Elderitch nature from a young age.
    3.Magda took the twins with her and managed to survive and live a life hiding from Magento with HE's help.
    4.Magento isn't his 60s self and more of a tolerable and sympathetic villain/anti-hero. So Wanda and Pietro stayed with him.
    So no love for Natalya Maximoff

Extraordinary Member

So no love for Natalya Maximoff
    It's kinda messy how Natalya got her babies stolen to HE, then Chthon markd Wanda and Natalya go to battle HE and stuff. (I tend to believe HE is a nice guy for once when the twins were born.)
    But since you mentioned her, Natalya successfully kicked HE's asses, got her children back and raised them along with best pal Aggie?(Is there any version of Wanda who grew up with Agatha? I kinda forget. )
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-10-2019 at 10:03 AM.

The moms usually get no respect. And are just killed off fast and almost never come back. I hope they rewrite Natalya's power source. That she's not magically Romani, but that she got that also from Chthon. Maybe it could be written that is how Chthon blessed Wanda, because of Natalya. Would fix the terrible stereotype. I'm glad that Marya is alive now, at least.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The moms usually get no respect. And are just killed off fast and almost never come back. I hope they rewrite Natalya's power source. That she's not magically Romani, but that she got that also from Chthon. Maybe it could be written that is how Chthon blessed Wanda, because of Natalya. Would fix the terrible stereotype. I'm glad that Marya is alive now, at least.
    Yeah, but if they will pick up on that is another matter.
    Now Django and Marya are kinda like a Uncle Ben and Aunt May situation, I wouldn't mind there are stories following that.

The problem with Natalya and Chthon lore co-existing is that the original idea about Chthon is he fancied Wanda's scientific potential, and so he gave her mystical potential as well so she may be a child of both science and magic.
    The offspring of a witch would not be as tempting for OG Chthon. It's kinda awkward.
    Being Chthon's first attempt also kinda makes Wanda special. ( Though not necessarily, Victoria Montesi functions similarly.) Who knows, they can add that Chthon has been trying to create a human vessel for a long time, Natalya being one of the previous attempts.
    But Wanda can still be special in a way like she is the first one who got a shard of Chthon's soul/essence or something. (Like after bunch of failures, Chthon finally decided to invest a piece of himself, basically no pains no gains for him.)

It's kinda messy how Natalya got her babies stolen to HE, then Chthon markd Wanda and Natalya go to battle HE and stuff. (I tend to believe HE is a nice guy for once when the twins were born.)
    But since you mentioned her, Natalya successfully kicked HE's asses, got her children back and raise them along with best pal Aggie?(Is there any version of Wanda who grew up with Agatha? I kinda forget. )
    It's not messy at all, HE steal kids, during that time Chthon marks Wanda, Natalya battles HE, HE gives kids to their next of kin.

I can't think of any given Agatha turns but later in Wanda's life

tumblr_psjm7928uK1qc5asd_540.jpg
    Tumblr art by wandaisfierce

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I know it's a stereotype but I like the idea of a Scarlet Witch/Warlock lineage. Maybe they could get their powers from Chthon. That Chthon secretly imbued the Maxomoffs with his power, but they never had the desired result. When Wanda was born and had both science and magic characteristics, he tried harder.
    Last edited by leokearon; 06-10-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I know it's a stereotype but I like the idea of a Scarlet Witch/Warlock lineage. Maybe they could get their powers from Chthon. That Chthon secretly imbued the Maxomoffs with his power, but they never had the desired result. When Wanda was born and had both science and magic characteristics, he tried harder.
    But again Natalya and her ancestors didn't live around Wundagore right?
    Or they could make Wanda's ancestor part of Morgan Le Fay's circle, and being the first one in history who was marked by Chthon or something.

It should be avoided at all costs. It's like making someone Christian and also making them a devil worshipper. It's very offensive in that vein.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.