Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Eviless can be a slave driver and a warden of a very unethical intergalactic prison who relieves the U.S of a rogue alien that Diana wanted to send to reformation island. So, Diana breaks into Eviless prison and retrieves the prisoner and ruins her operation.

We have two separate tribes of space Amazons, Astarte and the Citizenry and Fury's Amazons from Earth 2, they could easily be a factor in more of Wonder Woman's stories, even to the point of sharing their technology with the Themyscirans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    We have two separate tribes of space Amazons, Astarte and the Citizenry and Fury's Amazons from Earth 2, they could easily be a factor in more of Wonder Woman's stories, even to the point of sharing their technology with the Themyscirans.
    I like what Morrison seemed to be hinting at in Earth One Volume 2, that the Amazons have an open trade with Queen Desira and Venus, so maybe that's where they get some of their technology from?

In fact, I'd bring back all the alien races from the Solar System that were present in the Marston run. Yeah, not realistic for them to be living on them, but eh screw it, the DCU is under no obligation to be 100% like our reality at all times. Just say that their advanced technology or magic prevented us from detecting them despite how close they were. I want the butterfly women of Venus back, along with the giant women of Mercury, the devil people of Saturn and the weird ass tigapes of Neptune!

At least in Marston's run there is the fact Aphrodite and Ares both made their base on Venus and Mars. I wonder what kind of story you can tell with that. The only downside is martian the man hunter is one of many characters from Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    At least in Marston's run there is the fact Aphrodite and Ares both made their base on Venus and Mars. I wonder what kind of story you can tell with that. The only downside is martian the man hunter is one of many characters from Mars.
    Could depend on how long ago the white Martians exterminated the green and how long Martian Manhunter has been on earth. If you made all that predate ancient Greek civilization then Ares could have been on Mars after life there had already been stamped out. On the other hand, a fun story could be had if we find out Ares had a hand in the war on Mars, would make for a great WW/MM team up story.

Maybe it could start out that Aphrodite locked Ares on Mars but Life started on Mars. The Martians came to be and Ares became free. Maybe he could disguise himself as a martian

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's not just you, the Messner-Loebs' run was really good. There was a lot of variety and it proved Diana could work in any kind of story from mafioso machinations with Julianna Sazia, to Themysciran intrigue with Artemis and Hippolyta, to the amazing aforementioned space adventure. In hindsight I even liked Taco Wiz.
    Messner-Loebs (and John Byrne) were the last two major runs to have non-mythological components define their work. I'm not saying these didn't have mythological elements to them (for Messner-Loebs you got Circe, Ares returning and Wonder Woman losing her title), but the main bad guy was a magician who becomes a demon and there are tons of stories where WW fights an evil alien empire, Mayfly, the mafia, Joker, a cabal of assassins and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

The space pirate arc is legitimately good too, its in my Top 10 Greatest Modern Wonder Woman Stories.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I feel like we could have an awesome story about her facing the original version of Vartox. A story that explores the new age, astro spiritual elements that Marston used in the Golden Age.