• Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Why would she want to do that? Newsflash, Molly, your parents are EVIL!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Plenty of evil people manage to retain being loved by their children. Familial bonds can be complicated. As far as we know her cloned mom is still kicking around somewhere, presumably in jail. That might be what she wants for the others, it certainly appears to be possible.

Of course, knowing that Alex is the only other team member to still respect their parents Molly might just be lying to him about bringing them back. She might have her own agenda for wanting to travel with Alex, and just used bringing their parents back as an excuse to have him let her tag along.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Not necessarily asking for spoilers for Captain Marvel (I'm seeing it tomorrow afternoon), but to those who have seen it what did you think of the Skrulls? Going by the trailers they would have been difficult to pull of consistently well on a television budget, but how much of a missed opportunity is it that TV Xavin is a Xartan?

EDIT: Rowell tweeted some additional info about Nineteen while praising Genolet's art. She describes the structure as being one elongated scene between two characters. So we're not likely to see any of the others.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 03-08-2019 at 06:18 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

All-New Member

Don’t know much about the whole wanting their parents back but I do know the relationship between Molly and Alex somewhat ok. Not the brother and sister relationship that her and chase has but as trusting as she is Molly still consider Alex as “family”. All of them practically grew up together. I like the idea that Alex protected her for that creep on the bus.
    Last edited by DBlue223; 03-08-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Has there been any more info regarding a cross-over between The Runaways/Cloak & Dagger TV shows?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Has there been any more info regarding a cross-over between The Runaways/Cloak & Dagger TV shows?
    No, I imagine if it happens it will be announced alongside the renewal of Runaways for a third season. That photo shoot a while back featuring the actors for Chase, and Cloak turned out to just be for an article in an upcoming issue of Men's Health.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    No, I imagine if it happens it will be announced alongside the renewal of Runaways for a third season. That photo shoot a while back featuring the actors for Chase, and Cloak turned out to just be for an article in an upcoming issue of Men's Health.
    Thanks for the info! I was really hoping the photo shoot was going to lead into something about a cross-over. I feel like the Runaways would vibe well with Cloak and Dagger, just like they did in the comics.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I was really hoping the photo shoot was going to lead into something about a cross-over. I feel like the Runaways would vibe well with Cloak and Dagger, just like they did in the comics.
    I did recently hear a rumour from a friend, and from what I can tell it's only that... Neither show is getting a Third season right away, and that a they might just have a season of a crossover instead. I have found nothing online to suggest that it's true, and having not watched C&D yet I'm not even sure how much narrative sense it would make. But it is an interesting idea, even if it's just a theory.

Issue Nineteen came out today, Woot!

Before I get into any spoilers I just want to say that Andres Genolet is a serious upgrade in the art department. I grew to very much enjoy Anka's art over time, especially on a book like this but his shortcomings as an illustrator are as numerous as what he excels at. Genolet can do everything Anka did well, but better and one issue in has demonstrated he's willing to go the extra mile that Anka couldn't or wouldn't reach. Genolet has the facial expressions, body language, and fashion down without sacrificing background detail or clarity of action. As a former storyboard artist Anka has picked up bad habits he's never been able to break. Genolet doesn't appear to have an issue with them.

It's like having played a PC game for months on low settings before you realize your set up can handle so much more. God, I hope he sticks around.

SPOILERS:

spoilers:
    - This issue largely consists only of Alex, and Molly bonding.
    - After the preview we go into a bit more detail about Alex's current state of undeath. He's essentially a walking corpse that doesn't deteriorate. He's never hungry, physically can't eat, and he describes that when people touch him they feel as though they're touching a corpse. Hence why bus douche freaked out, Molly thought it was cool.
    - They make it to the Wilder's former residence. Catherine is stated to have insured it wouldn't be taken by the authorities, which I guess implies she's a lawyer in the comics as well. I seriously can't remember if her occupation was ever stated in the first series. In any case she booby trapped the home with mines.
    - Pineapple Chili sounds alrightish.
    - Molly's plan to bring back her parents is to just use her Grandma's cloning. Alex convinces her that it's a terrible idea, and leads her to a room filled with some of the Hayes' things. Alex says it's hers now. Molly isn't that interested.
    - The other Runaways storm into the Wilder residence, and Molly runs back to them. Alex seems content.
    end of spoilers

Solid issue, as previously stated the art is dope. Kind of wish they'd have acknowledged spoilers:
    a certain series of events from the end of volume two, but I reckon that will never happen now.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Personamanx; 03-13-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Your praise of Genolet has me absolutely BEAMING. I was, naturally, eager to read the latest ish but am now significantly hyped for this and subsequent issues with Genolet on board.
    Thanks for the adrenaline boost, Personamanx

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Your praise of Genolet has me absolutely BEAMING. I was, naturally, eager to read the latest ish but am now significantly hyped for this and subsequent issues with Genolet on board.
    Thanks for the adrenaline boost, Personamanx
    Honestly, Genolet has apparently been working on a Sweet Valley High comics adaptation for a while and I'm probably going to buy it when it's released. Didn't think I'd like his art that much myself.

I have to say that after reading this week's issue, I liked Alex for some seconds.

Another great issue, and the art was in the style of Anka, I really liked the expressions.

I especially enjoyed Alex, and Molly's expressions on the last panel of Page 16. Very simple, but it sold a lot.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It was a good issue with excellent character work, as usual. Genolet's art was much better than I thought it would be, it feels like he's maybe aping Anka's style, but the results are great so I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    spoilers:
    - This issue largely consists only of Alex, and Molly bonding.
    - After the preview we go into a bit more detail about Alex's current state of undeath. He's essentially a walking corpse that doesn't deteriorate. He's never hungry, physically can't eat, and he describes that when people touch him they feel as though they're touching a corpse. Hence why bus douche freaked out, Molly thought it was cool.
    end of spoilers
    Somebody is a Torchwood fan apparently! Alex's situation is identical to that of Dr Owen Harper.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I have to say that after reading this week's issue, I liked Alex for some seconds.
    Yeah, me too. I never liked Alex but in this issue he was pretty cool.