• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Going back to something Snoop Dog* said on the other page, the latest revealed cover for the series features a kiss on the cheek between Nico and Karolina. How many other Marvel covers have featured a same sex kiss in the past? I'm fairly certain there have been a few of them, but I cannot recall any between women before this upcoming issue.

*The User, not the former moniker of Snoop Lion.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

WE'RE STILL NOT CANCELLED!

RUNAWAYS #22
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    ANDRES GENOLET (A)
    COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    • Things are going SO WELL for Gert and Victor. That can’t possibly bode well, can it?
    • It already hasn’t boded well for Chase, who has unresolved feelings on the matter…
    • Karolina is keeping a secret from the rest of the Runaways and Nico in particular. The fallout could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for your favorite teens.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    WE'RE STILL NOT CANCELLED!

RUNAWAYS #22
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    ANDRES GENOLET (A)
    COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    • Things are going SO WELL for Gert and Victor. That can’t possibly bode well, can it?
    • It already hasn’t boded well for Chase, who has unresolved feelings on the matter…
    • Karolina is keeping a secret from the rest of the Runaways and Nico in particular. The fallout could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back for your favorite teens.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Well, after it went past #18, it was almost a given that it would go to #24 for another trade at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, after it went past #18, it was almost a given that it would go to #24 for another trade at least.
    That certainly makes sense, it's something to consider for the book's future anyway. Unless it stealth cancels on us, reaching issue Thirty might not be a pipe dream.

Vote for Deanoru y'all! Even if you don't like it ok. I hate Shadowhunters so this one is really personal lol.
    https://twitter.com/hulu/status/1108521227637800960

Hehe, it just popped up on my feed. Voted for Nico/Karolina, and Jake/Amy a bit below.

EDIT: I now realize that if the girls win they'll be against the only good police officers.... I would have to give it to Jake, and Amy.

Also while the thread has been bumped the first two volumes of Rowell's run are on sale on Comixology for $3.99. That's a solid deal for anyone who lacks the digital editions. Rowell has also been encouraging her followers on twitter to review the book on Amazon, and other outlets as it helps to expose the series to other people.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 03-21-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Karolina/Nico won that round, but as expected they're facing against Jake/Amy from Brooklyn 99. Earlier it was a lot more one sided in Nico/Karolina's favor, but now they only have a two point lead. The electoral college should be abolished.

According to James Marsters the show will be having a third season. He mentioned it during a Lex Con panel.

Official Announcement:

Last edited by Personamanx; 03-24-2019 at 05:05 PM.

K-Pop twitter is apparently paying a lot of attention to Runaways after having discovered several cameos from popular musicians on the cover to last year's issue 11. A weird place to get some publicity, and a little late but I'll take it.

Also, Pia Guerra tweeted out an inked piece of Nico back when she was still illustrating Y: The Last Man. It's pretty nice.

Yeah I was pretty surprised by people talking about Runaways on K-Pop forums, especially considering it's a pretty old cover lol. I wish I had noticed it myself back when it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I was pretty surprised by people talking about Runaways on K-Pop forums, especially considering it's a pretty old cover lol. I wish I had noticed it myself back when it was released.
    I don't really know enough about K-Pop to have known any better. I recognized more than a few illustrators, and comics artists but judging by the comments in regards to the K-Pop cameos Red Velvet is a pretty big deal.

I don't really know enough about K-Pop to have known any better. I recognized more than a few illustrators, and comics artists but judging by the comments in regards to the K-Pop cameos Red Velvet is a pretty big deal.
    Yeah, Red Velvet is one of the top groups and BTS, which is the other one with a member cameo, even more so. I think Irene from RV is getting more buzz because it was one of her fans that first noticed it and started talking about it, and because Kris Anka is a big fan of them himself(his twitter header is a screenshot from one of their MVs lol).

I might check them out on spotify some time then. It's gotten the comic more media attention than the renewal of the show has.

Here's a question, I asked around at a local comics shop a few days ago about how Runaways was doing. They didn't give me any numbers, but while typically the series would sell out the issues ordered within a day or so. With the latest issue the book was sitting on the shelves, and he noted that several people stopped pulling the title after Anka left. Has anyone else noticed anyone just dropping the book because of the artist change? Or even some folk who thought the series ended when he left?
    Last edited by Personamanx; 04-05-2019 at 06:37 AM.

Not to be the guy who keeps bumping a thread, but in case anyone hasn't read Anka's final arc on the series the collected edition comes out in comic shops tomorrow. Rowell has been very vocal lately in regards to supporting the book in any way possible, trades are the most affordable way to actually purchase the book.

Not to be the guy who keeps bumping a thread, but in case anyone hasn't read Anka's final arc on the series the collected edition comes out in comic shops tomorrow. Rowell has been very vocal lately in regards to supporting the book in any way possible, trades are the most affordable way to actually purchase the book.
    Word.
    I pre-order each trade as it becomes available.
    Viva Runaways!