4 6.56%
  • Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Yeah, I don't expect the page in #1000 to be consequential for the Runaways. I was under the impression that all the pages will be working towards the larger story set out by Al Ewing.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Happy Pride Month.

My controversial Pride opinion is that Hunter/Stretch/Lotus are significantly more developed as characters than the original Pride.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 06-01-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

So it's come to my attention that some people who watch Cloak, and Dagger feel that the finale might set up a potential crossover with Runaways. Does anyone who watch the show have any takes on it? That is if it isn't too soon for spoilers, I don't mind as someone who hasn't watched it but others might.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    So it's come to my attention that some people who watch Cloak, and Dagger feel that the finale might set up a potential crossover with Runaways. Does anyone who watch the show have any takes on it? That is if it isn't too soon for spoilers, I don't mind as someone who hasn't watched it but others might.
    Dagger talks about dead teenagers washing up on a beach (not naming where) and we know in Runaways murdered teenager Destiny Gonzales washed up on a beach.

Loeb, the C&D cast and showrunners have all voiced excitement about Runaways and Cloak & Dagger crossing over at some point.

Thanks. Sounds non-committal, but it could point them in the right direction if C&D leave New Orleans. I would welcome it personally.

I don't know that I'm very interested in a Cloak and Dagger crossover... I haven't watched their show, but, the original point of the C&D appearances in Runaways was that it provided contrast between the duo and the Runaways, as they themselves had been runaways that had eventually grown up and become establishment heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Happy Pride Month.

My controversial Pride opinion is that Hunter/Stretch/Lotus are significantly more developed as characters than the original Pride.
    Is that very controversial? I think even BKV himself has said that he skipped over doing much development of the kids parents, since they were constantly on the edge of cancellation and it was a lower priority than other things.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't know that I'm very interested in a Cloak and Dagger crossover... I haven't watched their show, but, the original point of the C&D appearances in Runaways was that it provided contrast between the duo and the Runaways, as they themselves had been runaways that had eventually grown up and become establishment heroes.

Is that very controversial? I think even BKV himself has said that he skipped over doing much development of the kids parents, since they were constantly on the edge of cancellation and it was a lower priority than other things.
    Well from what I understand at this point in the Cloak And Dagger series, they've resolved most of their personal conflicts and are branching out elsewhere to actively solve the problems of others. That still does contrast with the Runaways at this point who for the most part are still dealing with their families. Not as significantly I suppose as they'd be within the same age group now, but I think there's still a bit of it in there.

I suppose controversial isn't the right word, but the second Pride aren't usually given much thought due to being fairly disconnected from most of the Runaways. Very few of the initial dozen members of the Pride had much development beyond basic archetypes. That largely had to do with how many of them there were, and limited storytelling space in a book that never sold very well. But I feel that the second Pride deserves a bit more recognition, they weren't the most sophisticated characters, but they were certainly the most well rounded antagonists that were created for the book.

The second Pride definitely gets overshadowed by Young Geoffrey Wilder. I think the fact that they became villains more by accident than by specific intent makes them seem more like supporting cast than the main villains there.

That being said, I did like them. I wouldn't mind some follow up on them.

Yeah, they were just gullible Twenty-Somethings being manipulated by Wilder. Lotus got a little bit of play after Gert died, but Stretch/Hunter were written off fairly quickly. I think she could easily have a role in future stories, I would welcome it if for no reason than I can appreciate it when existing characters are used to fill places in stories.

waaaaat?

That's a bit out of left field for these kids.

It's a little random. I imagine they're using her in lieu of Marie Laveau for something similar to Nico's Mystic Arcana story.

Honestly I'd prefer Marie Laveau. All of the Vodoun influences and respect over in Cloak and Dagger has been pretty cool, and something I think separates it from other superhero shows.

That's interesting. Perhaps we could entertain the thought of them saving Laveau for a potential crossover. I wouldn't know what they're doing with le Fay in that case, but I'm not against the series tripling down on the importance of magic.

Outside of tabletop role-playing games this comic/show is the only thing I indulge myself with nerdy speculation for. I love it.

Out of left field for sure, but I'm not bothered by it. I imagine they'll be connecting her to the Staff of One. I really did like how Season 2 backtracked on the explanation of the Staff as technology – I don't know if that was their plan all along or not, but I'm definitely glad to see it go back to being magic.