4 6.56%
  • Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Yeah, the previous arcs were all six issues. This one is seven, so presumably the next one will be five. There must be a reason for that arc having an extra issue, and avoiding spoiling another series (Champions) would be a good reason.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I doubt the book will tie into Outlawed at all. The event might give them a token mention, and visual appearance but I doubt anything more than that. Canon Fodder being Seven issues is interesting. First time an arc has gone beyond Six as far as I can recall.
    It could because I think that variant is the first time in awhile the gang is mentioned outside their book (Jessica Jones being the other). Plus it could finally setup the fated Vic v. Viv.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

They showed up last month in Waid's History of the Marvel Universe. It wasn't a big deal, and neither is Molly showing up on a variant cover. I don't know why Canon Fodder was extended, but I highly doubt the two have anything to do with one another. Runaways has always been a book that took little impact from other series, and likewise rarely impacted another. Every outside appearance they've ever had while their series was being regularly published has been minor, and there's no reason to expect that to change. If 30 was to be the final issue I might expect the Runaways to be dragged into the event as they were passed around during the hiatus, but if anything I expect that it's continuation insures it won't have a lot to do with the mini-event.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I think it depends on whether Rowell wants to tie-in or not.

Obviously she hasn't done much tie-in's or heavy influence from the greater Marvel U, but if Outlawed is supposed to effect all the teen/young adult hero books, then it doesn't make sense for it to not impact The Runaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it depends on whether Rowell wants to tie-in or not.

Obviously she hasn't done much tie-in's or heavy influence from the greater Marvel U, but if Outlawed is supposed to effect all the teen/young adult hero books, then it doesn't make sense for it to not impact The Runaways.
    True enough, but I don't see why she would at this point. Maybe as a sales booster. But I don't think tying into Outlawed under the pretense of Runaways suddenly mattering will make the poor sales any less awful.

There would be sense in including them if the right people wanted them to be, but at this point Outlawed still appears to just set the stage for the future of the Champions who are still appearing with regularity. I'm not putting a lot of weight into a variant is all, the artist was probably told to have fun with it. I don't expect Speed or Katie Power to play meaningful roles either.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

With the New Year arriving shortly, what do we all want to subtitle the 2020 thread (if anything at all)?

Whoever launches it should include a link to the 2019 thread, and create a similar poll including Gib/Rufus.