• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

I meant Marvel Avengers Alliance. Never played AvAc

Nico being in Avengers Alliance, Avengers Academy and Future Fight way before the others says a lot about her easily being the most recognizable Runaway and the one that got caught on the most

So Anka is leaving for good? When did they announce it?
    I know he's drawing 5 pages of YJ, but I didn't think he was really leaving Runaways.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Nico being in Avengers Alliance, Avengers Academy and Future Fight way before the others says a lot about her easily being the most recognizable Runaway and the one that got caught on the most
    Yeah, she's definitely been the one to get the most exposure in other media. I think Jo Chen's cover art might have had something to do with her prominence, while most of Chen's covers were lovely the Nico ones always had a habit of sticking out. Being the only character on the first issue's cover might also have helped.

Comics, Video games, Live-Action, Tabletop war games, the only medium she hasn't shown up in yet has been animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    So Anka is leaving for good? When did they announce it?
    I know he's drawing 5 pages of YJ, but I didn't think he was really leaving Runaways.
    I wanna say it was announced back in November, but it might have been earlier. He's stilling doing covers for a while, but yeah he's leaving the interiors for the foreseeable future. The new artist Andres Genolet has nice pages, but we don't know how long they'll be on the book for.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I don't think it's surprising she hasn't been in cartoons yet, considering summoning the Staff Of One required her to bleed until recently. They aren't about to discuss self-harming on one of the Disney XD cartoons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Assuming she'd show up without delving too deep into the actual plot of Runaways on a cartoon, I'd assume they'd roll with what they did for the second season of Runaways. Just not acknowledge the blood.

Also, I know the Staff's connection with self-harm has been there from day one but diabetics bleed more for less. I don't see why it can't be treated more like medical blood work. Nico's too goth for that I guess.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Next week is Kris Anka's last issue on interiors for the series, we know that Andres Genolet is going to be illustrating the book for at least three issues but there has been no confirmation of a regular artist beyond that. Assuming the book continues who would everyone like to see hop on the book for an extended run?

Some people online have been suggesting Gabriel Piccolo after they posted a drawing of Nico, and Karolina to his twitter feed. I think he's a solid illustrator, but I've never really seen his sequential art. Going by the response to the drawing he introduced a lot of his followers to the characters with that tweet, which is always a good thing.

I personally wouldn't mind Faith Erin Hicks doing some work on the series. An extended monthly run would be unlikely, but I've been a fan of her work for years even if it would be a significant stylistic departure for the book. She's presently illustrating Rainbow Rowell's OGN, and Runaways is one of the few superhero titles she's stated to have enjoyed so I think it's feasible.

If Rainbow is already working with her, then Hicks would make sense. Squirrel Girl and Champions got their artists for similar reasons, those artists being people the writers had worked with before.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

We'll have to wait, and see I suppose. I'm allowing myself to be optimistic about the book's future, but knowing whose going to be drawing the book is helpful. Genolet may very well already be in for the long haul, but if he is nobody has been promoting it.

Jen Bartel might be neat to see on the book. Don't know if she can or would be interested in a WFH monthly title, but her art wouldn't feel out of place for the most part.

Unrelated, I recently re-read the "All-New Doop" miniseries from a few years back that takes place during Battle of The Atom. Still disappointed that it didn't take the opportunity to acknowledge that Molly is one of Doop's few in universe fans. Nice that they appeared in the book together at least.

Rainbow just tweeted out the first look at Andrés Genolet art on the title. It's super spoilery. #SoupForAlex

No preview for issue Eighteen yet, but I'm sure it'll be up somewhere by tomorrow.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 02-07-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Rainbow just tweeted out the first look at Andrés Genolet art on the title. It's super spoilery. #SoupForAlex

No preview for issue Eighteen yet, but I'm sure it'll be up somewhere by tomorrow.
    I wouldn't say super spoilery, it seemed pretty obvious they would be sticking around after the events of this arc, now what exactly they'll be up to is up in the air.

spoilers:
    I'm thinking we might end up seeing him as their next big antagonist for the series.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Sure enough: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-runaways-18/

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I wouldn't say super spoilery, it seemed pretty obvious they would be sticking around after the events of this arc, now what exactly they'll be up to is up in the air.
    It certainly spoiled spoilers:
    dinner.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nice. I'm not too much of a stickler for continuity, and it may just be the way the captioning is worded but if I'm not mistaken the Pride was to have at least a few more sacrifices under their belt before the Gibborim were at full power.

I haven't been worrying tbh cause I don't see the show getting cancelled at all. It's probably gonna go for as long as the writers want. Hulu doesn't have many original shows or at least not many succesful ones, cause the only other I know it's The Handmaid's Tale.