• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I don't really want Gib to stick around to be honest, just because his debut arc was a little lackluster, and he doesn't bring anything new to the group dynamic as of yet. If the Runaways were to grow as a family I'd much rather they take in another Marvel youth character (Coat of Arms, Hazmat, Ricochet, Hollow etc.) or better yet, go and rescue Xavin.

spoilers:
    I'm also of the belief that Gert or Molly will be departing with Alex. Gert is probably the most disillusioned with the group, and wasn't present whilst they all grew up and evolved as characters. Molly tends to be a little naive, and I could see her being sympathetic towards Alex, even if his actions have been less than desirable.
    end of spoilers

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, I'm open to Gib sticking around but if they don't start proving their worth quickly they're going to feel like seat-stealers. With the current volume having removed almost all heroics from the series they're not likely going to be given the chance to do something awesome either. They're going to have to make for good moody conversations. I as well wish that Xavin was back, but I don't see that happening.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I don't really want Gib to stick around to be honest, just because his debut arc was a little lackluster, and he doesn't bring anything new to the group dynamic as of yet. If the Runaways were to grow as a family I'd much rather they take in another Marvel youth character (Coat of Arms, Hazmat, Ricochet, Hollow etc.) or better yet, go and rescue Xavin.

spoilers:
    I'm also of the belief that Gert or Molly will be departing with Alex. Gert is probably the most disillusioned with the group, and wasn't present whilst they all grew up and evolved as characters. Molly tends to be a little naive, and I could see her being sympathetic towards Alex, even if his actions have been less than desirable.
    end of spoilers
    Hazmat appears in Captain Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Let's have a shitty nerd discussion. In Avengers AI an alternate universe version of Victor Mancha was shown to wield Mjolnir (specifically a version of Ultimate Mjolnir). Would/Should Victor Mancha be able to wield Mjolnir in the main universe?

Probably not, but at least Sam Humphries thinks it worth pondering.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Victor should have become the War Thor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hazmat appears in Captain Marvel.
    That she does. I'm not sure she'll stick around past the first arc though. And I was simply throwing out names- I doubt Runaways will add anyone else, I'm just saying I'd take one of them over Gib.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yeah, I'm open to Gib sticking around but if they don't start proving their worth quickly they're going to feel like seat-stealers. With the current volume having removed almost all heroics from the series they're not likely going to be given the chance to do something awesome either. They're going to have to make for good moody conversations. I as well wish that Xavin was back, but I don't see that happening.
    Right now I can't see how Gib brings anything to the table, and I'm far more invested in every other Runaway, including Alex and Doombot. I do wish that Rainbow Rowell would do at least one story where they're forced into a combat/heroism situation, just because otherwise their powers are almost pointless? Don't get me wrong, I love the romance/drama stuff that's going on, but I think some power displays would be good.

There were teases of Xavin. I hope Rainbow gets to tell that story

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Victor should have become the War Thor
    That's what they call whoever wields Ultimate Thor's hammer now, right? It could make for a fun story. Clearly a similar thought has been entertained, and it could make for a neat Thor appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Right now I can't see how Gib brings anything to the table, and I'm far more invested in every other Runaway, including Alex and Doombot. I do wish that Rainbow Rowell would do at least one story where they're forced into a combat/heroism situation, just because otherwise their powers are almost pointless? Don't get me wrong, I love the romance/drama stuff that's going on, but I think some power displays would be good.

There were teases of Xavin. I hope Rainbow gets to tell that story
    Any competent display of powers would be excellent. Struggling against the Gibborim, alright that makes sense. But being unable to fend themselves against a Doombot, and an Immortal 13 year old is kind of sad considering what the kids have been through, and faced.

Xavin would be awesome to see again. Anka tweeted out a while back that he plans on showing his Xavin design some time in the future. Presumably when the new artist has a few issues under their belt.

Solicit for Issue #21:

RUNAWAYS #21
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W) • Andrés Genolet (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    • Chase is proud to be the Runaways’ handyman, co-breadwinner, steadfast supporter...well, their dad?
    • But Chase is headed for DISASTER. Hold on to your hearts, Stein-iacs!
    • Plus: Find out what threat has Karolina rainbow-ing out this issue!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I'm really hoping that that last line about Karolina means that Xavin is coming back

I'm really hoping that that last line about Karolina means that Xavin is coming back
    Maybe, there does appear to be a Skrull threat coming. More Skrulls, the more chances for one of them to be Xavin.

It's either that or the Majesdane threat from Doctor Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Maybe, there does appear to be a Skrull threat coming. More Skrulls, the more chances for one of them to be Xavin.

It's either that or the Majesdane threat from Doctor Strange.
    Or it could be a swerve and Gib is getting hungry

Hmmm, Molly's featured fairly prominently on that cover if she's the one leaving with Alex....

Or it could be a swerve and Gib is getting hungry
    Or Rowell ominously promoting her new novel.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 02-20-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Even if Molly leaves with Alex, she'll still want to go to school and stuff.

And Nico's spell made them into Molly's legal guardians. It's not like she can just cut them out of her life if she still wants to have one

Everyone's there except Alex, so I'm guessing Molly is only gone for an issue or two.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Is this the ladies' first kissy kissy on a cover?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate