4 6.56%
  • Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast

I want a spin-off that reunites Molly with that "jerk" Wolverine.
    Check out my new action comedy comic Supermom. Superhero Voltra is out to stop her archnemesis from taking over the world. There's just one problem: she's pregnant... and he's the father.

Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986r..._Pack.pdf/file

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gordonm View Post
    I want a spin-off that reunites Molly with that "jerk" Wolverine.
    "It's called a Fastball Special kid..."

"Whatever. I'm not touching your feet, creepy old dude."

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I wouldn't count on it. Rowell has pretty much said that she's deliberately muddying the waters as to if Molly is a mutant or not. Says she's just building off of the expressed doubt in the original series, but I can't say I'm a fan of that.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

New book in March, Strange Academy, and Nico's in it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...-marvel-march/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Nico in a teaching position is certainly... interesting. I've always figured if she ever made it to a magic school book, she would be one of the students. Let's see what she brings to the table.

---

Inside look at season 3 video: https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1202307609534984192

Yeah I don't know how much Nico can actually teach other people, she isn't a traditional magic user.

I suppose she could instruct them on spontaneity, thinking on your feet and improvising new spells. But I feel like that would be dangerous for Nico in particular since that would waste spells she could potentially use in the future in life-or-death scenarios.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Yeah I don't know how much Nico can actually teach other people, she isn't a traditional magic user.

I suppose she could instruct them on spontaneity, thinking on your feet and improvising new spells. But I feel like that would be dangerous for Nico in particular since that would waste spells she could potentially use in the future in life-or-death scenarios.
    Yeah, Nico as a teacher is an odd choice, but it does look like at least some of the students aren't necessarily going to be magic-users / spellcasters so much as magical creatures or descended from mythological figures, etc.

'Cause Nico knows bupkiss about magic, really... She leans on the Staff of One entirely, and doesn't know any invocations, or have any of the trained abilities, or even know how to tap into her personal power. Ideally, she'd be learning at least as much surrounded by actual spellcasters as she's teaching (and yeah, when it comes to improvisation and creativity and thinking on your feet, and particularly the intersection between information and power, given the requirements to never cast the same spell twice, and to research all sorts of different ways to phrase effects she wants to replicate, she's got a lot of experience, so that's a cool thing, having her be less of a 'spellcaster teacher' and more a teacher in how to think outside the box and come at problems with novel solutions).

I'd kind of love if she eventually learned about actual magic, and could work at least a few basic spells, if not turn into a generic magic zap & shield caster (which would be dull). Less dependence on the Staff of One, particularly after recent developments, could only be a good thing...

Interesting, I really didn't pay much attention to the announcement. Didn't realize Nico would be in it. Yes, it's odd that she's there as a teacher but I respect that it at least admits she has some practical experience. Alex is the better actual wizard.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post

She could teach some practical things and at the same time learn something of traditional spellcasting. Wanda and Magik have innate powers too and none of them would know more about the traditional spells than Strange, but all of them could have issues where they share their experiences with magic.

Nico might teach something like "magical artifacts" or "the cost of magic".

Her class doesn't have to be practical.

Realistically I doubt it'll be that big of a deal, but I think we can all agree that it's not too much of a stretch to massage her into a mentor position. It might end up being a Julie Power in Avengers Academy situation, a student-teacher type deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Maybe I'm forgetting something, but I feel like Nico had some hand-to-hand training at some point. Although I guess no one ever taught her to use the staff as a bo staff.

On the plus side...Nico in yoga pants .

She definitely seemed to know a thing or two about using it as a weapon sometimes. Usually within the book itself mostly just crude hits or on a few occasions vaulting with it though. In her various Avengers appearances I imagine shes's gone full Donatello at least once or twice.

Show Nico can kick ass, may as well let comic Nico do so as well.

So Nico's codename is Gloom... thoughts?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman