0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I loved everyone's reactions to Nico's first costume
    Who wouldn't want bulletproof nipples?
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

spoilers:
    Looks like my excitement over Gib finally eating was premature. Another page that I would rather have featured just about anything else. Gert summoning the power of Grayskull was fun at least.

One of the many odd things about Doc Justice seems to be emphasis on identity as a means to privacy when by all appearances he has none of it.
    end of spoilers

Not peeved that Anka filled in for this issue or anything, but I sure am glad that it isn't permanent. While they're certainly stylistically compatible, Genolet always make for a richer comic.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 11-13-2019 at 04:07 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member

So considering Jocasta, Vision and Viv would be... unhappy to see Vic up and about again, what are the chances the AI revolution thing might eventually drag the runaways in?

What are the chances that while Doc is technically sort of on the level, he spent long enough fighting the Pride, effectively on his own for at least a decade by the sounds of it, that he’s kind of out of it and refuses to acknowledge that the Pride is really gone (superheroing involving a fair bit of ego) and thinks any crook he comes across is part of some scheme of theirs?

It's interesting to me that the first season of Runaways is on Disney+. It's honestly easier to find on it than it is on Hulu. Wonder if it'll catch some extra viewers searching through the general Marvel category.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So considering Jocasta, Vision and Viv would be... unhappy to see Vic up and about again, what are the chances the AI revolution thing might eventually drag the runaways in?
    Would Jocasta really be that invested?

Jocasta has never even acknowledged Viv or Vin

I really don't need another subscription service, but it's nice to know that at least the first season is available on some streaming platform in Canada. Looks like we're a month out from season 3. May its continued success be an incentive for the comic's continuation.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post

What are the chances that while Doc is technically sort of on the level, he spent long enough fighting the Pride, effectively on his own for at least a decade by the sounds of it, that he’s kind of out of it and refuses to acknowledge that the Pride is really gone (superheroing involving a fair bit of ego) and thinks any crook he comes across is part of some scheme of theirs?
    I would highly doubt it. While it would very likely make sense, as others have said Jocasta hasn't done as much as acknowledge Vin or Viv as far as I know. I don't think bringing Victor in would amount to much drama in this specific storyline.

That could track. I don't know what I exactly think of Doc, everything about him feels weird even if we assume he's genuine. Recruiting the kids as some kind of continuation of his old feud could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Jocasta has never even acknowledged Viv or Vin
    Yes she has. Unstoppable Wasp #7.

Of course, the subject of Victor Mancha never came up. They probably still think he's non-functional.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That's acknowledging Nadia more than Viv

Point is, they've met. Viv also knew enough about Jo to introduce her with the Pym surname - she couldn't have got that from Avengers files, as Jocasta wasn't using the Pym name until the current Iron Man series (in fact, she had a different surname in Avengers AI).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Runaways has been going out of it's way to be more self-contained than it ever was during BKV's runs or even those of other writers. To have Victor or any of the others show up in another series with a role of any substance would be highly unlikely all things considered. It would be incredibly odd to have a reunion between any of the Visions, and Victor without it being the core of the story. He killed his brother's kid, as meaningless as death is in cape comics that's a big deal.

So... The show is ending... Season 3 is the last...

https://twitter.com/marvelsrunaways/...88922311712768

Looks like anything not on Disney+ is doomed. This looked inevitable when Cloak and Dagger was cancelled, unfortunately.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So... The show is ending... Season 3 is the last...

https://twitter.com/marvelsrunaways/...88922311712768
    Such a casual way to announce your show has been cancelled. And yeah, I 100% believe it was cancelled. The show was allegedly a hit for Hulu standards and there's no way they thought the story had reached its natural conclusion when they didn't even get to the Victor Mancha storyline. Although they may pull the ''it was planned like that all along'' excuse to soften the blow. We all know what's really happening, though, even if they won't admit it.

Now let's hope Kevin Feige has enough love for these characters to include them in future MCU plans.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-18-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Such a casual way to announce your show has been cancelled. And yeah, I 100% believe it was cancelled. The show was allegedly a hit for Hulu standards and there's no way they thought the story had reached its natural conclusion when they didn't even get to the Victor Mancha storyline. Although they may pull the ''it was planned like that all along'' excuse to soften the blow. We all know what's really happening, though, even if they won't admit it.

Now let's hope Kevin Feige has enough love for these characters to include them in future MCU plans.
    Didn't the cast pop up at Marvel Studios? Or some of them? I may just be thinking of Cloak and Dagger, but otherwise there could be potential for them to appear in something more "official" MCU-wise.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't the cast pop up at Marvel Studios? Or some of them? I may just be thinking of Cloak and Dagger, but otherwise there could be potential for them to appear in something more "official" MCU-wise.
    Yeah, I was the one who posted about that here. I think it was Allegra or Ariela who posted a video on social media showing the two of them at the Marvel Studios office, and they even ask a woman there if it was ok for them to reveal where they were. Not sure what that was about, but let's hope for the best.