• Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Word.
    I pre-order each trade as it becomes available.
    Viva Runaways!
    Nice, I was buying two copies of each issue for a while. The digital version on Comixology so I could read it as soon as possible, and a physical copy at the shop later in the day. Couldn't really keep that going unfortunately. When I had a steady pay cheque it was nothing, but now it's harder.

I'd just like to see the series reach issue #38 before dying. That'd be the legacy #100, and it'd be cool to get there. On twitter Rowell said it wasn't impossible, but still something that has to be aspired towards. As good as the trade sales supposedly are, the single issues aren't pulling their weight.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

That's pretty cool, these kids sure have come a long way

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That's pretty cool, these kids sure have come a long way
    Yep. A show, young adult novel, and relatively successful relaunch. No present complaints. They'd be farther along if they hadn't been cancelled for half of their Sixteen year existence, but water under the bridge. If we can make it another 15 solicited issues we'll be at Legacy #100.

Let's just hope we don't see a big ol' FINAL ISSUE in July's solicits today.

EDIT: Here's the anniversary video Marvel Entertainment tweeted out.

If you view the comments on youtube there is at least one person bragging about being 16 days older than the comic.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 04-16-2019 at 09:57 AM.

No solicits for July yet, but word on the internet is that our moody youths showed up in the finale to Avengers: No Road Home in several crowd shots. If I'm not mistaken this would be the Runaways first appearance outside their own title since the relaunch.

They were just constructs created by Vision, and therefore completely mute. Like most of the heroes he spawned, they had a retro look.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    No solicits for July yet, but word on the internet is that our moody youths showed up in the finale to Avengers: No Road Home in several crowd shots. If I'm not mistaken this would be the Runaways first appearance outside their own title since the relaunch.
    I don't know if this would count, but Nico and Karolina did make a cameo in last year's Jessica Jones, but other than that yeah the Runaways team as a whole haven't made an appearance in another book together since the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't know if this would count, but Nico and Karolina did make a cameo in last year's Jessica Jones, but other than that yeah the Runaways team as a whole haven't made an appearance in another book together since the relaunch.
    I stand corrected, looks like I forgot about that appearance. I believe someone posted the panels in the older thread. My bad, but it's still nice for them to be considered for the appearance today.

RUNAWAYS #23
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    Andres Genolet (A)
    COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    • Doombot was destroyed back in #17, and Chase hasn’t been able to fix him.
    • Victor is going to give it a shot, even if it forces him down a dark road.
    • Even if it leads to something even worse than Victorius...

That cover looks awesome

I wonder where the plot is going though

That cover looks awesome

I wonder where the plot is going though
    I have no idea, I would imagine anything Victor could do to repair Doombot couldn't be that bad. Unless they decide to address his vibranium addiction I suppose, and have it hit hard. If it really is a Victor goes evil plot, I hope it's not setting up a finale to the series. Issue #24 is about as high as we're guaranteed to go.

I meant the general plot of the book.

They spent so much time building up the Seed of the Gibborim arc, and a lot of the upcoming solicits just seem to be one and does.

I meant the general plot of the book.

They spent so much time building up the Seed of the Gibborim arc, and a lot of the upcoming solicits just seem to be one and does.
    I have no idea, the overall plot of the series so far has mostly just been "They're back together, stuff happens." I don't know if there's much more to it than that, just the characters in situations.

The first arc was the reunion, the second was largely Molly does something dumb, the third was the Seed of the Gibborim. But yeah, unless there's something being stealthily built up without being mentioned in the solicits it appears that the next few issues are done-in-ones.

There's been some criticism that the SOTG arc was needlessly slow, maybe that's how she's addressing it? A few quick one-shots.

Preview for RUNAWAYS #20 at MonkeysFightingRobots.

Victor replays the Gibborim fight in his head.

Molly doesn't want to go to school!

Nico gets ready for work, and likes everybody's favourite Second runner up in Canadian Idol.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 04-18-2019 at 06:07 PM.

With last issue being focused on Molly and Alex, and everyone else being with the same clothes as the issue before, this preview felt like the first time I'm actually seeing the new artist's take on the characters. I feel like Molly, Gert and Victor look reeaally similar to Amka's, but Nico and Karol are noticeably pretty different. It's kinda weird because everything else looks so similar, mostly thanks to the colors.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 04-19-2019 at 01:52 AM.