• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Lol those are so bad but I kinda love them

They're not great. Nico's might be able to work on another character, but I think going with the Vishanti garb her family wore would look significantly better. Karolina's does look better when she isn't glowing, but that's way too much white space*. She should have asked some of her ex's friends for costume advice.

*It reminds me of how while I loved Spider-Man: Renew your Vows, I dislike Mary Jane's costume.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 05-25-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I don't like Karolina's look at all.

They're not great. Nico's might be able to work on another character, but I think going with the Vishanti garb her family wore would look significantly better. Karolina's does look better when she isn't glowing, but that's way too much white space*. She should have asked some of her ex's friends for costume advice.

*It reminds me of how while I loved Spider-Man: Renew your Vows, I dislike Mary Jane's costume.
    Good points. I agree that there is too much white and it takes away from her own glowing look IMO. It looks very plain to me even with her chest and neck having color.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Disliking Karolina's look is lesbophobic so you're not allowed to do that, sorry, I don't make the rules, it's just how it is.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I LOVE Karolina's look. I think it's adorably elegant and fits her very well. The lesbian flag colors are perfect. My only beef is that we don't see enough of her glowing skin, which would be a nice touch in contrast to the white of the suit. Maybe they should've designed it in a way that lets her show a bit more skin (nothing too sexualized, of course), so we would see more than just her hands and head glowing. I love these Majesdanian looks she had for a while because the glowing skin really popped (well, a good colorist also helps):

Nico's design is the one that'll have to grow on me. I'm not feeling it just yet, but I don't think it's bad either.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-26-2019 at 03:41 AM.

I love the designs - they're such teenager looks. It's like their Tumblrs given form haha. Nico's is so try-hard yet guarded and Karolina is so much a combination of her newfound purpose (if you look at the euphoric page where she saves the girl) and the fact that she's a precious lesbian cinnamon roll.

Yeah, I think her glow looks better when contrasted and broken up by darker colors. Narratively I get why she might not want to advertise her alien heritage, but I'm just not digging the look the more I see of it.

Hm, I wonder why Karolina looks happy(on a normal "oh, cool" kind of way unlike Molly who's really excited) at whatever is happening and Nico is bummed... My instant theory is that it has something to do with her family. Maybe Molly is getting the clone parents she wants... Maybe it's the Staff of One and Molly finds him super cool and Nico is obviously like "No, actually he's an *******...".

Yeah, the expressions are telling an interesting story. Molly is excited about something it looks like she's about to touch, Karolina seems to be reacting positively to Molly's excitement, and Nico looks concerned. I'm not certain what it could be. I would think Xavin over the Staff however.

Yeah, the expressions are telling an interesting story. Molly is excited about something it looks like she's about to touch, Karolina seems to be reacting positively to Molly's excitement, and Nico looks concerned. I'm not certain what it could be. I would think Xavin over the Staff however.
    I just kinda thought that Molly being super excited about Xavin, while Karolina is just kind of chill, would be kinda weird. I imagine she would be either really happy, pretty emotional, or maybe kinda worried like Nico, considering it's her ex(that she didn't just broke up with). On a second thought though, I guess it could be just that Karol(on the hypothetical cover scenario, but I imagine similarly on the actual story lol) has already met Xavin before the others(duh lol).

Totally, it wouldn't make a lot of sense if the three of them were just seeing Xavin for the first time. But if Xavin, met with Karolina first it would track a bit better.

Of course the image might just be of Molly looking at Karolina's superhero costume for the first time. Molly's excited, Nico's reserved, and Karolina is happy that Molly likes it.

Could it be from the Marvel #1000 special? Anka is working with Rowell on that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Could it be from the Marvel #1000 special? Anka is working with Rowell on that right?
    It could be, I just wouldn't expect much of a preview from a one-page story. It would make sense for theirs to be Runaways at least.

He put up some colors last night as well.