4 6.56%
  • Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Agger was referred to sans codename in the cast list for War of the Realms: he seems to have ditched it. They called him Dario Agger: Shapeshifting CEO.

Molly can't be called Shadowcat. It's technically still Kitty Pryde's name. Besides, it doesn't match her powers.

Discord is already in use, by one of Ms. Marvel's villains.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Joshu...on_(Earth-616)

I don't expect to see the old Runaways codenames used here, so Sister Grimm and Bruiser are out.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Chase reminds me of Adam the X-treme. Molly's costume could easily be a Shadowcat look.
    Yeah, Chase is '90s as hell. I could easily see him trying to take the name "Neo" again.

If Molly doesn't have a cat-themed name I would be surprised. That outfit is a Kitty Pryde/Patsy Walker fusion with maybe a dash of Mockingbird. Predominately feline.

Rowell also tweeted out this piece of art that I assume is part of either next week's issue or the one after it. I'm assuming it depicts the crew seeing Karolina in costume.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Chase and Nico: worried, unsure.
    Gert: angry!
    Molly and Victor: happy
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Agger was referred to sans codename in the cast list for War of the Realms: he seems to have ditched it. They called him Dario Agger: Shapeshifting CEO.

Molly can't be called Shadowcat. It's technically still Kitty Pryde's name. Besides, it doesn't match her powers.

Discord is already in use, by one of Ms. Marvel's villains.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Joshu...on_(Earth-616)

I don't expect to see the old Runaways codenames used here, so Sister Grimm and Bruiser are out.
    I still don't think they'll brand Gib as another character.

I didn't say Molly should be dubbed Shadowcat? Neither did @Factor. He just said her costume was reminiscent of Shadowcat.

Ah I haven't been reading Ms Marvel so I had no idea.

I mean probably not, but they're good names. Particularly Sister Grimm, so I'd be sad to see it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Yeah, Chase is '90s as hell. I could easily see him trying to take the name "Neo" again.

If Molly doesn't have a cat-themed name I would be surprised. That outfit is a Kitty Pryde/Patsy Walker fusion with maybe a dash of Mockingbird. Predominately feline.
    I'd be all for that. I kinda love that Chase is going 90's. One can't say it's a good look, but I appreciate it haha

Yeah for sure. Assuming this is supposed to be an ongoing thing and not a temporary superheroic fixation, I think making sure the Runaways have good costumes and codenames is pretty important

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    ...Yeah they didn't call the police .

Are these the same bad guys from West Coast Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Are these the same bad guys from West Coast Avengers?
    Those thugs look like Madame Masque's guys.

That'd be a yes, then.

I certainly wouldn't mind the J-Team clashing with Masque, and her minions. It'd be nice to have the kids tango with an enemy unrelated to their own drama for the first time in a while.

Since it now appears that the Rowell/Anka short story in tomorrow's Issue #1000 is a She-Hulk one I don't know if the Runaways will be featured in any way. Not planning on buying it myself, but if anyone does feel free to share if they're acknowledged.

About today's new issue...
    spoilers:
    Doombot has moved out of the Runaways' home. Doc Justice shows up at the end of the issue. Connect the dots...
    end of spoilers

Total no-show in MC #1000.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-28-2019 at 07:13 AM.

That's a shame, I wonder which other characters with currently running series were excluded as well.

spoilers:
    Liked the new issue well enough. The preview was from pages towards the end of the comic. It basically starts with Nico/Karolina nonchalantly leaving the Hostel while Gert and Molly feed a hamburger to Gib. Victor also has a talk with Doombot as he decides to leave. The rest of the issue is just the two girls looking for crime, and eventually finding it while they're on a break. Doc Justice saves the day after the preview pages.
    end of spoilers

A lot of characters missed out. Most of the X-Men didn't get speaking lines (only Sunspot, Cable, Sage, Wolverine, X-23 and Scout did). Sue and Johnny Storm no-showed! Most of the Champions were absent, as well as all of the New Agents of Atlas except Amadeus (who had a page set during World War Hulk) and Jimmy Woo (Marvel Boy, Namora and Gorilla Man each got a page though).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-29-2019 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Forgot that pre-Hulk Amadeus was there.

spoilers:
    It was a cute issue. I'm still getting used to Nico and Karolina being together, but they've got a really fun dynamic right now.

Trying on costumse together was really cute.
    Nico's fashion sense and the fact that she's made a lot of her own outfits is one of my favorite things about her, so the fact that she's sharing that with Karolina is really nice.

It's a bit concerning how quickly Nico is using up spells and letting The One in. And it really sucks that the new deal didn't give Nico a reset on old spells, it should have at least turned the odometer back to zero.

If I have one problem with the series it the decompression. Like this "Gib is hungry" storyline which is taking forever. On the one hand Rowell is really dragging it out and I just want some resolution already, on the other hand he's just a big teddy bear so I'm glad he's still around.
    end of spoilers