• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

The more I look at it, the more I'm digging it. I certainly don't hate it.

Until today I did think that the mystery benefactor was going to be someone like Henry Hellrung from the Order.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 08-19-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    In black jumping with a hoodie, Nico
    I've been thinking and what if that's Alex?

He's a ghost these days isn't he?

Can it be Doc Justice Doombot? Or Alex with steroids.

It's almost definitely Doombot. Doctor Doom... Doc Justice. It's the informal title, and roughly the opposite noun. I'd love it if Alex was involved, but him being Doc Justice just isn't a smart bet.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

So this spoils spoilers:
    Gert and Old Lace being the ones left out. I do wonder if this is setting up the meeting with the Champions which is likely the 100th issue.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Wouldn't the West Coast Avengers be more likely than the Champions? They and Superior Spider-Man are actually mentioned in the solicits.

Though if they do meet the Champions, Viv will have a bone to pick with Victor Mancha, who killed her brother.

Of course, both WCA and Champions are cancelled, so neither team should still exist by that point.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-20-2019 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Why did I put Spectacular?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm assuming that's Doombot, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Wouldn't the West Coast Avengers be more likely than the Champions? They and Spectacular Spider-Man are actually mentioned in the solicits.

Though if they do meet the Champions, Viv will have a bone to pick with Victor Mancha, who killed her brother.

Of course, both WCA and Champions are cancelled, so neither team should still exist by that point.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Cancellation doesn't always mean the team disbands, to be technical.

Personally, I'm not much interested in either group showing up in the book. Too many guest stars.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    At least in WCA's case, we know they are disbanded. Gwenpool's new mini opens with her mentioning she was previously on a team, but not any more. And Quentin is joining X-Force.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I kinda like that Chase, Molly, Victor and Doc Justice all seem to have the same teal and orange colour scheme

But it kinda bothers me that the rest of the team doesn't. Just seems weird to only do it for half

It's an odd mix for sure. Like three of them could be Doc Justice's sidekicks while the others are just tagging along.

I'm curious as to what their hero names will be. Going by the stylized "KJ" Victor is either "Kid Justice" or "King Justice." I don't think it's a coincidence that his is the more classical costume the team has.

Karolina's name is probably something mythological. Pegasus? Chase looks like a Cable parody. Link? Nico looks like a shadow... Shroud? Gib could match Karolina, and of course has horns. Minotaur? Not sure about Molly at all. Costume doesn't offer any clues.

Chase reminds me of Adam the X-treme. Molly's costume could easily be a Shadowcat look.

BANNED

-I do wish that Doctor Justice was Vance Astrovik rather than Doombot but alas.

-Really not feeling the costumes. They've all looked better for sure, and I'm positive they could have gotten something better. What, could nobody afford to book an appt with costume guru Janet van Dyne?

-Interesting that they're all concealing their identities. As Runaways and unknown to the general public, is there any reason to keep their superheroics on the dlow?

-Wish they'd ditch Gib. He does nothing for me and I continue to wish for Xavin, Alex or someone new in his stead. Coat of Arms, Hollow or Scout/Honey Badger would be great!

-I do wonder what the re-brand will do for sales. Not everyone will catch wind of whats happening, so changing the title and look of all the characters mightn't do it any favors. On the bright side we have Anka back for an issue!

For codenames, I suggest:
    Nico Minoru Sister Grimm
    Molly Hayes Bruiser
    Karolina Dean Iris
    Chase Stein Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Karolina's name is probably something mythological. Pegasus? Chase looks like a Cable parody. Link? Nico looks like a shadow... Shroud? Gib could match Karolina, and of course has horns. Minotaur? Not sure about Molly at all. Costume doesn't offer any clues.
    Shroud & Minotaur are already in use by Maximillian Coleridge & Dario Agger respectively. Link for Chase works.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Chase reminds me of Adam the X-treme. Molly's costume could easily be a Shadowcat look.
    Chase is looking very Liefield with the ol shoulder pads. Molly looks like a blue Hellcat.