1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Default “Try not to die!" Runaways Appreciation 2019

Created by Brian K. Vaughan, and Adrian Alphona in 2003 for Marvel's short lived "Tsunami" imprint, Runaways was an interesting book based on a simple idea. "Everyone at some point thinks their parents are evil. What if they actually are?"

Six upper-class teenagers whose families have known each other their entire lives discover one evening that their parents were supervillains, and a part of an apocalyptic cult called "The Pride." Using tools, and abilities inherited from their families the teenagers go on the run to take their parents down, being framed for murder/kidnapping in the process.

While they eventually succeed, they ultimately choose to continue their truant lifestyles, and protect Los Angeles from evil doers as nameless vigilantes. They would later be known more formally as the...

With 2018 having come to a close it's time for a new appreciation thread starring Marvel's favourite gang of moody youths. 2018 was a great year for the characters in both comics, and television so let's hope 2019 is even better.

The previous thread can be found here for now.

What was your favourite Runaways moment from 2018?
    Last edited by Personamanx; 02-01-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Also I regret not formatting the name of this thread better. "Try not to die!" Runaways Appreciation 2019 would have been better. I apologize.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Also I regret not formatting the name of this thread better. "Try not to die!" Runaways Appreciation 2019 would have been better. I apologize.
    Reach out to the Mods. I think they can change it. Also thanks for making this new thread. I can't decide just yet who is my favorite Runaway.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

You know What I was thinking about the other day, a marvel legends set. A figure for each of the main characters. Alex, Nico, Gurt, Chase, Molly, and Karolina. Each can come with something, but they also come with a build a figure piece to make a in scale Old Lace. I'm shocked they haven't done this yet. I've never bought a full set before, manly cause I haven't found a reason...But an Old Lace would give me a reason lol.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Reach out to the Mods. I think they can change it. Also thanks for making this new thread. I can't decide just yet who is my favorite Runaway.
    That was a good idea, reached out to one so it should be resolved not that it's particularly important. No problem, just wanted to make sure it was here for tomorrow's issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    You know What I was thinking about the other day, a marvel legends set. A figure for each of the main characters. Alex, Nico, Gurt, Chase, Molly, and Karolina. Each can come with something, but they also come with a build a figure piece to make a in scale Old Lace. I'm shocked they haven't done this yet. I've never bought a full set before, manly cause I haven't found a reason...But an Old Lace would give me a reason lol.
    I would love that. I'm fairly satisfied with my current collection of Runaways stuff (it's the only franchise I really collect anything from), but I'm be all over a Marvel Legends set of the original Six. The Nico figure from a previous set is nice, but is more based on her post-hiatus appearances in Arena/Undercover/etc. You could even broaden the appeal of it by having Television variants for them.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I would love that. I'm fairly satisfied with my current collection of Runaways stuff (it's the only franchise I really collect anything from), but I'm be all over a Marvel Legends set of the original Six. The Nico figure from a previous set is nice, but is more based on her post-hiatus appearances in Arena/Undercover/etc. You could even broaden the appeal of it by having Television variants for them.
    Yeah, I love that Nico figure too. I would love to see a different one from her, maybe in a different outfit? I would be fine if they did the ones from the TV show, instead of the comics, as I'm guessing the show is more popular. I mainly just want a Gurt and Old Lace haha, but would love the whole team.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Please don’t change it. I prefer it the way you did it originally. All titles should be formatted “Character/Team Name - “Quote” Appreciation “Year”. Makes it easier to find what you are looking for. No one knows quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Please don’t change it. I prefer it the way you did it originally. All titles should be formatted “Character/Team Name - “Quote” Appreciation “Year”. Makes it easier to find what you are looking for. No one knows quotes.
    The request is already in, but I see your point. I think it reads more elegantly, but it could make seeing the thread a glance somewhat problematic. I haven't had any issues with the naming format of "Quote/flavour text, Character/Book/Team name, Appreciation thread, Year" but for threads that fall back a few pages it might come up.

Does anyone else have anything to say about the tread title? I may rescind the name change request if I'm the only one who is disappointed by my original title.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 01-01-2019 at 11:27 AM.

The request is already in, but I see your point. I think it reads more elegantly, but it could make seeing the thread a glance somewhat problematic. I haven't had any issues with the naming format of "Quote/flavour text, Character/Book/Team name, Appreciation thread, Year" but for threads that fall back a few pages it might come up.
    Darn it. I wish the mods would just make them all one way or the other. It’s way to confusing sometimes.

Anyone have any favorite moments from Season 2?
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 01-01-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Anyone have any favorite moments from Season 2?
    spoilers:
    I personally liked how easily they went back on the Staff of One being technology into being an actual tool of magic.

I also liked Gangnam Style!
    end of spoilers

My first graphic novel was a Runaways book, found it in the library in Middle school.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...runaways17.htm

In case you guys missed the preview for tomorrow's new issue. Looks like we have named for the rest of the Gibborim's seed

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    My first graphic novel was a Runaways book, found it in the library in Middle school.
    It's a good time to discover those crazy kids. I got into the book fairly late into BKV's run when I started buying the "Marvel Tales" flip magazines at Wal-Mart that were re-printing his run at the time. Subscribed to the series in the mail afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...runaways17.htm

In case you guys missed the preview for tomorrow's new issue. Looks like we have named for the rest of the Gibborim's seed
    spoilers:
    Poor Victor.
    end of spoilers

Tomorrow is also when the Second season of the show is airing on TV outside of the USA. Showcase in Canada, and SYFY in the UK I believe. Big day!
    Last edited by Personamanx; 01-01-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Is the next issue Anka's last? Really going to miss him on this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Is the next issue Anka's last? Really going to miss him on this book.
    There's one more! #18 is his last...