• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Issue drops tomorrow. Going from the previews I guess the theory of Doc Justice being Doombot is a bit more of a stretch, but I would hope we get a bit more info about him. Not sure how I feel about him just being a a retconned in long-time superhero, but that's just me.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Yeah, if he's been around for 20 years, how did he never encounter the West Coast Avengers or the original Champions?

But this isn't the first time they've retconned a hero into continuity decades later. Jessica Jones debuted in the 2000s but is supposed to have been around just as long as Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew, who debuted in the 70s.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Enjoyed the new issue, learning about DJ's past teams and the sign of rules on the bedroom doors seem like red flags to me. The bit with Gib, the cat (I don't remember it's name), and Old Lace at the end was cute, if gruesome. I mostly really like Genolet's art, but I hate how he gives characters Pac-man mouths in profile.

I liked the issue. I can this as a actual direction for the book. spoilers:
    Doc Justice doesn't appear to be on the level, and it's interesting that Victor refers to himself as having been three years old in the past. It very much sounds like a false memory that Ultron implanted. I also liked how this issue kind of acknowledged my number one issue with this run, they're not the only people with problems. Self-absorbed superheroes get old. Super happy that the Gib needs to eat plot line is resolved, that was getting old.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

spoilers:
    Gert won't be pleased when she learns that Old Lace is feeding Gib dogs!

Speaking of Gert, apparently she's a Power Rangers fan? She quoted "It's Morphin Time" when she saw Victor suited up.

And yeah, that is definitely a memory Victor shouldn't have, as he's really less then two years old. Why would Ultron give him memories that prompt him to idolise superheroes? This looks like a major blunder to me.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultron wanted Victor to love superheroes so that he's be sure to join the Avengers someday, of which Ultron could then take advantage.

Liked the issue okay. It's an interesting plot, what with the expansion of the Pride and the history of the Justice team. Doc Justice seems too good to be true, but maybe we're supposed to think that.

Glad to see a reference to the Frog!

-Pav, who isn't enamored with it though...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Super happy that the Gib needs to eat plot line is resolved, that was getting old.[/spoil]
    Yeah I'm glad that plotline was finally put to rest, how many issues has it been going for now?

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I'm also suspicious of Doc Justice. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he is really a villain and is now running the Pride. He could be using the Runaways to take out the competition in LA.

The Runaways getting betrayed by people they trust is sort of their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Yeah I'm glad that plotline was finally put to rest, how many issues has it been going for now?
    Not too long, only really since Genolet has been on the book. But I would have much rather it had gotten itself out of the way in a single issue rather than eating two pages in every issue for 8 months. Maybe we'll have Gib actually be useful soon.

Wow, kind of surreal seeing the "OG" designs, especially Nico.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, kind of surreal seeing the "OG" designs, especially Nico.
    A little bit, it makes here but their earlier series outfits tend to come up a lot outside their own title. I get why they're often referenced whenever they make minor appearances though. The aesthetics established at the beginning largely hold true to the characters to this day, even if they've aged terribly.

Dang, didn't realize we were getting another issue so soon. Nothing wrong with a good old makeover montage.

I loved everyone's reactions to Nico's first costume