All-New Member

Default Cannot ID these comics! Need Help!

I’m not a huge comic collector and I’ve recently just began getting into the hobby, but, I have stumbled across a few comics that I simply cannot figure out. I try to find them online and I can’t. They have issue information in the text at the bottom of the covers but it doesn’t line up with what I find online. I was wondering if these might be missing their covers by chance and what I’m actually seeing is the first page of the comic? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

All-New Member

The additional info at the bottom of the Spider-Man comic:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Musheen; 12-26-2019 at 04:34 PM.

All-New Member

Nevermind, I just figured it out. They are missing their covers! Definitely worthless now, which is sad to realize, but at least I know now. Sorry for wasting anyone’s time.

Not worthless if you can still read them.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I bet those come from the era of when there were drug store spinner racks with comics, etc. The stores used to be able to send the whole comic back to the distributor if they didn't sell by a certain date. Then later they would allow the store to just send back the cover. Then I would see the comic without the covers, sometimes in packs of 3 for sale in the stores. . It was never clear to me if they did that with permission or not since I think they would get credit for the comics or covers they would send back.

All-New Member

That’s an interesting bit to learn, thank you for that. The last few weeks I’ve really delved into the hobby and am trying to learn as much as I can. The comics are in such good shape aside from those missing covers so that makes perfect sense. I didn’t mean worthless from a readers view point, strictly monetary, as I’m sure no one would want to buy coverless comics aside from myself. I thoroughly enjoy reading comics and have for years. I’ve used Marvel unlimited and DCU since they were released and had lots of comics as a teen/kid that I gave away. What I wouldn’t do to have them back now