• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So Nico's codename is Gloom... thoughts?
    Isn't that a Pokemon ?

Yeah, a second stage one from the original generation that evolves from Oddish and can evolve to either Vileplume or Bellossom.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gloom_(Pokémon)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, a second stage one from the original generation that evolves from Oddish and can evolve to either Vileplume or Bellossom.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gloom_(Pokémon)
    Fun fact bothers evolutions get boost when its sunny, and karolina has light powers

Not sure how that's relevant considering we're talking about Nico, not Karrie?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It's irrelevant regardless. Nico's codename is Gloom, that happens to be the name of a Pokemon. The connection was made, and someone decided to continue with it.

The only actual Pokemon references the series has made are only notable because the gap in time between the two had to adjust with the popularity of it among tweens. In 2006 Molly had no interest in it, which made sense as there were other dominant trends at the time for her age group. Eleven years later, and everyone's back into it so Molly now collects the cards.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Season 3 was so good ya'll. It's a shame its the end but I'm also glad it went out on a high note.

I'm probably gonna wait on it to be honest. I generally prefer time between episodes so I might just watch them on Showcase. I'd probably just watch them online like last year, but my computer's on her last legs so I'm not going to chance the sketchier sites.

Also happy to note that Runaways' final season feels like it's been promoted on Canadian TV like crazy. Granted I don't watch a lot of TV, but even compared to other superhero shows that air on Showcase I'm seeing Runaways spots on separate channels. The TV at the laundromat was airing reruns of Three's Company on CMT last night, but between every commercial were our kids.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 12-14-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Just read somewhere the show ended with a cliffhanger. Can anyone who's watched it confirm if that's true? 'Cause if it is, that just reinforces my belief that they definitely had plans for more and the show got cancelled, despite reports saying it ended on its own terms.

Not a cliffhanger. It was open ended and hinted at some potential future storylines
    But it's not like the season 2 finale that had a bunch of them kidnapped by aliens

I've not seen the show, but I have seen an ending spoiler.
    spoilers:
    It ends the same way volume 1 of the comic did.
    end of spoilers

Ah, so it ends with spoilers:
    a letter from Joss Whedon. Clever.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Not a cliffhanger. It was open ended and hinted at some potential future storylines
    But it's not like the season 2 finale that had a bunch of them kidnapped by aliens
    Good to know it wasn't a big cliffhanger or anything like that, but if they were hinting at future stories, it definitely sounds like they were expecting the show to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Good to know it wasn't a big cliffhanger or anything like that, but if they were hinting at future stories, it definitely sounds like they were expecting the show to continue.
    I wouldn't say expected. It's just a teaser on the off chance the show did continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Ah, so it ends with spoilers:
    a letter from Joss Whedon. Clever.
    end of spoilers
    lol

spoilers:
    Alex turning traitor and stealing the others' gear is what happened. They recreated the comic panel almost exactly.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I wouldn't say expected. It's just a teaser on the off chance the show did continue.
    I mean expected in the sense that they considered a continuation, which doesn't match the report that the show was ending because they felt it was the natural conclusion. If it was the natural conclusion, then what's the point of teasing more?