• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I dunno, I get most of the issues people have with the book. I really do, I just still feel like I'm getting enough out of it. Series one nostalgia, and a generally slow pace are absolutely the worst though. The more removed, and the speedier the better. BKV was rarely a slave to the past, and was willing to outright ignore/retcon his own characterization if it didn't vibe with what he currently wanted to do. His cliffhangers were excellent, but he barely gave a damn before the second series.

New teaser for season 3. They're finally letting the Staff emerge from Nico's body.

Last edited by Personamanx; 10-04-2019 at 01:37 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Funny both the book and series are doing the whole Nico's soul getting consumed thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I dunno, I get most of the issues people have with the book. I really do, I just still feel like I'm getting enough out of it. Series one nostalgia, and a generally slow pace are absolutely the worst though. The more removed, and the speedier the better. BKV was rarely a slave to the past, and was willing to outright ignore/retcon his own characterization if it didn't vibe with what he currently wanted to do. His cliffhangers were excellent, but he barely gave a damn before the second series.

New teaser for season 3. They're finally letting the Staff emerge from Nico's body.

Look how far we've come from "the staff is just technology" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Funny both the book and series are doing the whole Nico's soul getting consumed thing.
    Yeah, a little bit. I suppose the nature of the staff is a fairly tempting avenue to explore for some. I wonder if the third season will directly start to reference elements of the current series, I mean it's difficult because the origins diverge so much. But there's not that many Runaways stories to derive Easter eggs from.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Look how far we've come from "the staff is just technology" lol.
    Still hoping on a time-travelling Dale Yorkes.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I have constructive criticism for the book but overall, still happy enough with it.

I would still like to hear something about the book's future this weekend. I get that there's still a few issues to miraculously create support from tens of thousands of readers, but it seems pretty likely that 30 will be the end. Just seems like a good time to drum up some anticipation for it, maybe try to get some "back for the finale" sales in hopes that there's momentum for a relaunch.

RUNAWAYS #29
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    ANDRÉS GENOLET (A)
    Cover by KRIS ANKA
    • The Runaways have gone full J-Team with Doc Justice and are cleaning up Los Angeles better than ANYONE expected. Doc has never had J-Teamers with powers as amazing as the Runaways (I mean LOOK AT MOLLY, I mean, Blue-J) so they are going to have to set their sights even higher!
    • But where does that leave Gert? Back at the Doc’s mansion, of course. But Gert isn’t going to just sit like a bump on a log. With access to the J-Team’s files and resources, Gert is going to do her part!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Also, a couple of days ago Nick Lowe tweeted about Runaways #31. Not sure if it's a mistake on his part or not, but Rowell "Liked" it.

I take it everyone's codenames have a J in there somewhere then? That narrows it down a lot.

So, Molly is Blue-J, and Victor Mancha is Kid Justice, what about the rest?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Here's hoping this volume lasts until issue 31 and past that

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I take it everyone's codenames have a J in there somewhere then? That narrows it down a lot.

So, Molly is Blue-J, and Victor Mancha is Kid Justice, what about the rest?
    One would assume so. Molly being named for a bird feels odd, but if that's the naming convention it's no surprise one of them has it. Karolina will probably be something like "Anjel."

Looks like Gert is going to be the guy in the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Here's hoping this volume lasts until issue 31 and past that
    I certainly wouldn't mind it, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the book stays afloat month to month. If #31 is actually real, and we assume it's aiming for another TPB we're gonna get pretty darn close to the Legacy #100.

The Cloak and Dagger guest appearance on Runaways is now the duo's finale - their show's been axed.
    https://deadline.com/2019/10/marvels...ns-1202768643/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm guessing Gert will find out Justice is a bad guy all along. As for the series, I do have the feeling they are panning it out to hit that 100 number.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I certainly wouldn't mind it, but for the life of me I can't figure out how the book stays afloat month to month. If #31 is actually real, and we assume it's aiming for another TPB we're gonna get pretty darn close to the Legacy #100.
    When a book is doing poorly in the direct market but lasts longer than we expect, I just assume it's doing very well in other formats and/or markets. It's not like Runaways is the first book this happens to anyway; we've seen it happening with others. Or maybe Cebulski just really likes the book and keeps giving it more chances than he does to others. He has gone on record to state that the Runaways are special to him, after all. Either way, the book had a healthy run, and I think that's what really matters in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Cloak and Dagger guest appearance on Runaways is now the duo's finale - their show's been axed.
    https://deadline.com/2019/10/marvels...ns-1202768643/
    This makes me super worried about the future of the Runaways show.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This makes me super worried about the future of the Runaways show.
    Yeah, me too. We do know that Feige is a Runaways fan, though – Marvel Studios nearly made a Runaways movie back in Phase One, after all.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1597633/coul...dent-hopes-so/

ask Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige what film he's most excited about, and the answer isn't a single adult superhero — it's a teen one. More accurately, a group of teen heroes. "Runaways" — which is currently being scripted by comic writer Brian K. Vaughan — is tentatively scheduled to be among the studio's many post-"Avengers" projects.

"I love the idea. Brian brought to Marvel one of the best new concepts that we've had in quite some time," Feige said of the film, for which he expects a finished script in early 2009. "It's very different than anything we've done before."

"Runaways" follows a group of kids who come to discover that their parents are up to no good — as in, a take-over-the-world kind of "no good."

OK, sure, not everybody's parents are supervillains, Feige laughed, but didn't everybody at some point think their parents were?

"I love the idea of kids banding together, discovering this thing, which I think all kids secretly wonder at one time or another whether their parents are good or evil. Well, these guys find out, unfortunately, that their parents happen to be supervillains," Feige said of the flick's setup.
    I've heard that season two of C&D didn't do so hot in terms of viewership – but streaming has different standards and expectations, especially more limited platforms like Hulu.

So, I don't think it's a done deal. But still, good reason to be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    When a book is doing poorly in the direct market but lasts longer than we expect, I just assume it's doing very well in other formats and/or markets. It's not like Runaways is the first book this happens to anyway; we've seen it happening with others. Or maybe Cebulski just really likes the book and keeps giving it more chances than he does to others. He has gone on record to state that the Runaways are special to him, after all. Either way, the book had a healthy run, and I think that's what really matters in the end.
    It really is just favoured by the editors at this point. There's just not a lot of incentive to keep a book going with monthly numbers so low, and reprints of the BKV run selling more outside of the direct market. I'm glad if it lasts, but yeah it's largely Cebulski and maybe aiming for that Legacy Numbering,

Preview for next week's issue:

Last edited by Personamanx; 10-25-2019 at 03:04 PM.