• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Well, you never know. I know that WCA recently ended, but did the team itself dissolve? It could still happen. Karolina at the very least knows both Kate, and America.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Everything in this issue landed so well for me, and then we get that solicit with the lesbian costume and further promise of Nico's deal being explored. A good couple of days!

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Well, you never know. I know that WCA recently ended, but did the team itself dissolve? It could still happen. Karolina at the very least knows both Kate, and America.
    They haven't dissolved yet, we'll have to see how the next Superior Spider-Man arc (the two issue War of the Realms tie-in) ends. But Gwenpool has a solo mini, so I do think they may now be done.

It seems odd that the solicit doesn't mention Lucy in the Sky, Karolina's codename from volume 1. So will she be picking a new name?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

RUNAWAYS #24
    RAINBOW ROWELL (W)
    Andres Genolet (A)
    COVER BY KRIS ANKA
    • Look out, West Coast Avengers and Superior Spider-Man! Karolina Dean is searching for a sense of purpose as California’s NEWEST SUPER HERO!
    • A chance at self-actualization is the best reason to put your life on the line for others! Right?
    • But what consequences await the Runaways if Nico has to use her magic to support Karolina and keep her safe?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I can't say I love it. I feel like it looks incomplete. Hopefully the more I see it the more I will grow to like it more.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

I can't say that this is where I was expecting to see Karolina go, but I also can't say I mind.

It isn't an instantly iconic look – but, at the same time, I also have a hard time imagining this will be a long-term status quo for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    My heart paused when I read "West Coast Avengers".

I was so hyped for a crossover with any other super youths.

Le sigh.

This is cool too.
    Me too!
    Who's the Superior Spiderman or whatever?

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Me too!
    I mean, who even cares? lol

But omg y'all -- if any of the fans in this thread are also fans of Billy/Teddy from the Young Avengers, y'all gotta hot foot yerselves to this preview: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...war-scrolls-2/

I. AM. SCREAMING.

it is so gaaaaaay and I am reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Me too!
    Otto Octavius but now is good. Or goodish.

I'm not the biggest fan of the costume yet, but I'm going to need to see how it looks when drawn by Genolet before I make any solid judgements. The Lesbian colours don't actually go all that well with her rainbow glow in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    Everything in this issue landed so well for me, and then we get that solicit with the lesbian costume and further promise of Nico's deal being explored. A good couple of days!
    And if you're a fan of the show, the third season just started filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They haven't dissolved yet, we'll have to see how the next Superior Spider-Man arc (the two issue War of the Realms tie-in) ends. But Gwenpool has a solo mini, so I do think they may now be done.

It seems odd that the solicit doesn't mention Lucy in the Sky, Karolina's codename from volume 1. So will she be picking a new name?
    Yeah, and even if the team doesn't really dissolve on panel it might be easier to pretend that it did. Kind of like A-Force.

I assume they'll be picking out a new name. The codenames from volume one aren't the best, and if she's going full on costumed hero for a bit she might want to do a complete reboot. In terms of hero identity anyway.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I gotta agree about the suit. Currently she looks a bit....kinda nude. Her Majesdenian glow needs to be more...well...MORE ... to differentiate from the light colored body suit.

I gotta agree about the suit. Currently she looks a bit....kinda nude. Her Majesdenian glow needs to be more...well...MORE ... to differentiate from the light colored body suit.
    I can see it perhaps looking better when she's not glowing, but that's not much of an option as a superhero. It took me a few looks to register that the white space in her suit wasn't just her skin. The coloration of her fist in the foreground really threw me for a loop.

I do wait for the inevitable line from a criminal or someone she saves that goes something like: "We get it, you're gay!"

Incredible Member

I love this series already but now I get Superior Spider-man aka Doc Ock? This will make for a interesting interaction. I foresee lots of condescending conversations and highly critical remarks about their lack of strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I love this series already but now I get Superior Spider-man aka Doc Ock? This will make for a interesting interaction. I foresee lots of condescending conversations and highly critical remarks about their lack of strategy.
    I'm not sure if we'll be seeing Otto in the book, but I would certainly appreciate the interaction. Julie Power was already critiquing the Runaway's poor heroic skills, Doc Ock would be infuriated by their incompetence. It'd also be fun if he was aware of the Pride back in the day.

But omg y'all -- if any of the fans in this thread are also fans of Billy/Teddy from the Young Avengers, y'all gotta hot foot yerselves to this preview: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...war-scrolls-2/

I. AM. SCREAMING.

it is so gaaaaaay and I am reborn.
    Ah, I hate them...what a shame. Good for the fans I suppose!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Otto Octavius but now is good. Or goodish.
    Thank you!

I'm not the biggest fan of the costume yet, but I'm going to need to see how it looks when drawn by Genolet before I make any solid judgements. The Lesbian colours don't actually go all that well with her rainbow glow in my opinion.
    I like the Runaways without costumes, it's like a trademark or something. That's one of the differences between them and the Young Avengers...they aren't "heroes" in that way.

Yes, but this appears to be for a specific story rather than something that's likely to stick around for long. I agree that the characters shouldn't have regularly featured costumes, while they certainly weren't the only Casual clothed superheroes of the 2000s, they stuck to aesthetic over costumes longer than most of them and it works. That doesn't mean one cannot have an opinion of the superhero costume design itself.