• Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

RUNAWAYS #22 Spoilers:
    spoilers:
    - The issue begins with the preview pages followed by Karolina, and Nico having a conversation. Nico doesn't know that Karolina was late for dinner because she was saving Rob, but is surprised by how happy/energetic she is. Once again, while they are in sight of another character nobody acknowledges their relationship*.
    - The next few pages take place in Chase's workshop. While repairing Doombot narration reveals that he ultimately brought Gert back to life because he needed her. Knowing that a 20 year old dating a 16 year old isn't right, he was kind of hoping that if he waited long enough the age gap wouldn't matter much, and they could resume their relationship.
    - Victor enters, and things are tense between the two. Chase is justifiably mad that he spent time trying to fix him when Victor could have fixed himself at any point. Victor suggests that isn't the case, before Chase gets angry at him in regards to Gert.
    - Their argument wakes Doombot up. They proceed to attack Chase, Victor, and eventually the others. Molly manages to hold back Doom long enough for Victor to patch into his mind palace. The issue ends with Doombot continuing to insist that he's the real Dr. Doom to Victor within his mind palace.

*EDIT: On a re-read one does notice Molly cracking a smile when she sees Nico/Karolina together. That currently makes it so: Old Lace, Alex, and Molly have responded to the relationship.
    end of spoilers

Solid issue with one of the better fight scenes we've seen in this issue. My only gripe is that spoilers:
    The WiFi name should have been "TALKBACK420" rather than "TALKBACK69."
    end of spoilers

Also, the Mountain Goats are rad.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 06-26-2019 at 04:58 AM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Also, does anyone know if Avengers AI is worth slogging through for any decent Victor action? I know there's the alternate universe version of him with Thor's hammer, but it'd suck to have missed out on something important if it ever comes into play in this book. Didn't care for the first issue, but never read beyond that.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I'm pretty sure I read it back in the day and, well, evidently it wasn't very memorable. I dug the art though.

Ah, good to know. Personally the art was a turn off for me at the time of reading, but that might have had to do with Sam Humphries books having a lot of writing on the page. Makes for a busy page layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Ah, good to know. Personally the art was a turn off for me at the time of reading, but that might have had to do with Sam Humphries books having a lot of writing on the page. Makes for a busy page layout.
    I liked Araujo's work on Age of Ultron #10A.I., with Mark Waid. The Hank Pym origin story. It took a liiittle getting used to, I admit.

Yeah, it did kind of grow on me with Journey into Mystery. I might give AI another shot if I renew my Unlimited subscription.

I thought the same

Looks like he'd be a good choice

I would have been skeptical from what I knew of his work a few years ago, but after seeing some of his sequential work I would be all aboard him doing interiors as well. Glad that he's a fan.

For a moment I thought Whitley had somehow managed to get the entire creative team 12 issues ahead on the Future Foundation book, before remembering that there's a backup in Fantastic Four coming up...

That backup is only one month before the FF book launches though.

He'll have read Runaways as part of his research for the title, as it's where Julie Power's most recent appearance was.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    For a moment I thought Whitley had somehow managed to get the entire creative team 12 issues ahead on the Future Foundation book, before remembering that there's a backup in Fantastic Four coming up...
    That would be something. I hope he manages to get 12 uninterrupted issues on it though, that's not a guarantee nowadays, and I don't think he's had such on a Marvel book yet.

Nico's Infinity Warp has been revealed. She was merged with Danielle Cage (from New/US Avengers) to form Soldier Supreme 2099, Nico Cage.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman