• Xavin

1 1.64%
  • Klara Prast

0 0%
  • Topher

1 1.64%
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

The poll is going about as expected. It isn't difficult to see Nico as the moodiest youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    There's one more! #18 is his last...
    Yeah, I'm more sad about it than I expected myself to be. I was never the biggest fan of Kris Anka outside of liking many of his re-designs, but this book ended up really suiting him. His expression work has been top notch even if his fights have been lacking.

I wonder if Genolet will be the new regular artist or if he's just a temporary replacement. What I've seen of his work has been nice, but it'll be good to know what to expect in the long term. Granted with each issue being a blessing it's hard to speculate in the long run.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, I like that we have a poll now. I guess I never really had stopped to think about a favorite Runaway, but my first instinct was to vote for Karolina, so I guess it's her.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Oh, I like that we have a poll now. I guess I never really had stopped to think about a favorite Runaway, but my first instinct was to vote for Karolina, so I guess it's her.
    I voted for her because she has the same initials as Kraft Dinner. If that isn't a sign than I don't know what is. But seriously, it just felt like the right choice as I made the poll. Even if she probably isn't technically the moodiest.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Well, I'm the third vote for Karol.

I voted for Chase, this quote basically made me his fan. This current run of "Runaways" might be the happiest he's been in a long time.

"Yeah, turns out I'm like the idiot kung fu master of surviving horrible terrifying #S%*. Seriously. I outlive everybody. Other people? Smarter people? Nah, they die. Alex. Mom and dad. Gert. First girl I ever...Yeah, she died in my arms. Twice. So for once in my life, I'm not worried about losing the game. I'm scared I'll win.

Edit- just read the pole...."moodiest youth"....this is what I get for not reading it clearly

Yeah, Nico would have gotten my vote.

Lol I also voted thinking it was a favorite poll smh.

I also voted for my favorite; I should have read the thread first. My bad!

Well, she serves as both my favorite and the moodiest, so that works! Runaways was my first ever comic series I bought and read. Nico stole my heart since #1 and she hasn't given it up yet. But I do love and cherish them all.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

It's alright, lol. I'm glad that people are treating it as their favourite, I just chose "Moodiest Youth" as the qualifier because it made me chuckle.

Spoilers for issue #17: spoilers:
    Alex Mortimer Wilder, I'm disappointed in you. If I wasn't certain you were posturing I'd be angry. Holding a knife to a metal throat can only be a theatrical decision.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    It's alright, lol. I'm glad that people are treating it as their favourite, I just chose "Moodiest Youth" as the qualifier because it made me chuckle.

Alex Mortimer Wilder, I'm disappointed in you. If I wasn't certain you were posturing I'd be angry. Holding a knife to a metal throat can only be a theatrical decision.
    end of spoilers
    Sunnuvah -- WHICH spoilers:
    THROAT
    end of spoilers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Sunnuvah -- WHICH spoilers:
    THROAT
    end of spoilers ?
    spoilers:
    Victor Mancha.

The gist of the issue is they all more or less decide to go with Alex's plan, but when time comes to really get into it Gib tries to persuade his siblings to change their plans. That leads to a fight, and they try to help Gib while Alex still thinks the best move is to kill one of the siblings (he doesn't care which one). The fight doesn't go well, with everyone besides Gert/Victor/Alex being subdued. When it looks like they're all about to be killed the final page shows Alex with the knife to Vic's throat, and offering him as the sacrifice. Metal blade to metal throat.
    end of spoilers

end of spoilers
    This doesn't surprise me.

I voted for Nico!

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    This doesn't surprise me.

I voted for Nico!
    There's also a really cool image in the issue that's a throwback to the original series promo art.

I'm surprised people have voted for Chase. Love the guy, don't get me wrong but I always assumed people liked Victor more.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 01-02-2019 at 02:10 PM.

There's also a really cool image in the issue that's a throwback to the original series promo art.

I'm surprised people have voted for Chase. Love the guy, don't get me wrong but I always assumed people liked Victor more.
    They're all just so lovable, it's hard to choose. If it wasn't for Chase and Gert's original love story, I wouldn't have liked Chase as much.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Mighty Member

Read #17

spoilers:
    Victor Mancha can survive as a head. Considering I've seen this plot in fanfiction before, my guess is Alex is going to sacrifice Victor, but since he can survive as a head, the Gibborim will be both confused and distracted long enough for them to be stopped.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Yeah. And they always talk about how they need to eat humans, there's talk about souls, and doesn't it also need to be a blood sacrifice?... I don't think they can really use Victor, Alex has a plan.
    end of spoilers